Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Saity said:

There is no obsession with manager odds I’m fully aware of how bookies work and operate and was meant as a bit of light hearted banter .....Mourinho is a ridiculous comparison ...why wouldn’t Cocu come here ? Mourinho wouldn’t ....We are all probably coming on here looking for the odd snippet of news and for me whether pie in the sky or not is the first bit of news where I’ve actually got excited by the link ..if true....

Mourinho is ridiculous, but bookies are taking odds on him which is why I used him as the example of the ridiculousness of it all. 

I understand that fans are looking for news on who Frank’s replacement would be if he was to leave, but no news will be found on a bookies website, only a quick way to lose money. 

Far as I’m aware only 3 managers have been linked now in the press, Bowyer and Gerrard which both were quickly denied, Mel even confirming Wednesday he’s unable to talk with managers in work whilst Frank is still our manager, and now Cocu.

Moore, Hughton, Cowley who have been discussed for pages now have never been given any airtime outside of the bookies, the thing is those 3 don’t even fit the criteria the club have spoke about in my opinion, but no doubt Paddy Power’s Christmas party has already been funded for this year on bets on them already. Madness.

11 minutes ago, David said:

Mourinho is ridiculous, but bookies are taking odds on him which is why I used him as the example of the ridiculousness of it all. 

I understand that fans are looking for news on who Frank’s replacement would be if he was to leave, but no news will be found on a bookies website, only a quick way to lose money. 

Far as I’m aware only 3 managers have been linked now in the press, Bowyer and Gerrard which both were quickly denied, Mel even confirming Wednesday he’s unable to talk with managers in work whilst Frank is still our manager, and now Cocu.

Moore, Hughton, Cowley who have been discussed for pages now have never been given any airtime outside of the bookies, the thing is those 3 don’t even fit the criteria the club have spoke about in my opinion, but no doubt Paddy Power’s Christmas party has already been funded for this year on bets on them already. Madness.

Yes it is madness of course but my comment on evryone lumping a fiver on Cocu so that his odds shortened to favourite hoping Mel would notice ( not that he probably checks the bookies as he,d probably have a cheeky tenner on exactly who will get the job! lol )was just tongue in cheek 

for what it’s worth though remember this you never meet a poor or broke bookie or they’re doing something wrong so when it’s near the time for the new manager to be announced do not expect to find our new man at 33/1 because he’ll more than likely be the favourite ....last season Frank was nowhere near favourite then became 1/20 just before he was announced .....because I don’t think anyone really knows anything fans are bound to look at bookies odds .... 

I feel like people put way too much emphasis on odds, it’s not like paddy power have any more idea than us. At this point the odds are probably plucked from thin air to encourage punters. 

Cocu sounds good but I am cautious, we seem to have all regained trust in the media (after 2 weeks of slating them) simply because it’s an article we all like the sound of.

18 minutes ago, maxjam said:

there ya go;

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-keen-ex-barcelona-3036676

oh wait, they aren't saying there is nothing in the link they are just rehashing The Times article. Quality journalism ?

I love the DET style...

What Frank Lampard has said about Chelsea.

Derby County was formed in 1884 as an offshoot of the cricket club. The Rams won the FA Cup in 1946. Frank Lampard, who guided Derby to the playoffs last season, only to lose to Aston Villa 2-1, has been linked to the hot seat at Chelsea where he spent 13 years as manager, winning no fewer than 11 trophies including the Premiership title and becoming their all time top scorer. .............will to live lost here. 

Archived