Suggestions for the next Derby manager

7 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Wow that 50p you put on has sent him down to 7/2! 

Looks like I'll be putting my 50p on Hughton then.

Hilarious! I thought you were joking till I checked.

At 75-1 I was going to put 15 quid on but turned out the max stake without referral was a tenner so went for that. 

Heard somewhere Hughton wanted some time off, but that's a dangerous game in football management (look at Curbs). 16-1 looks decent odds for your 50p. And he'd be good to install as "bookies' favourite" because we all know "the bookies are rarely wrong". 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I managed to get a tenner on at 75/1 as well. The market is interesting because it’s not ‘Derby’s next manager’. Just to be the manager on the opening day. So I think it could open it up more for Wassall that way. 

The odds went to 40/1 as soon as I’d put my ten on, but obviously some others have been putting on to see his price collapse to 7/2!

11 minutes ago, Sidd10 said:

I managed to get a tenner on at 75/1 as well. The market is interesting because it’s not ‘Derby’s next manager’. Just to be the manager on the opening day. So I think it could open it up more for Wassall that way. 

The odds went to 40/1 as soon as I’d put my ten on, but obviously some others have been putting on to see his price collapse to 7/2!

Ha ha I put £5 on... then another £5 on ?

Exactly same reasoning as you, all we need is for Wass to do the first game whilst we're working on our new permanent manager and we're quids in!

Screenshot_20190629-103901.jpg

13 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

2078677778_SteveOnPitch.jpg.31d9f06a3916ce3a487200082d8fbfea.jpg 

i know it won't happen and don't really want it to but rather this chap than some of the supposed links.

He'd be mad to come back. Would you work for someone who had already sacked you twice?

20 minutes ago, REDCAR said:

I’d like to see a poll on how he would favour the faithful..... I’m a no personally.

Can you explain why. 

Who else could come in and keep the continuity! 

Who knows the players ! 

How would more player upheaval help .

At least Darren knows the squad. 

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Can you explain why. 

Who else could come in and keep the continuity! 

Who knows the players ! 

How would more player upheaval help .

At least Darren knows the squad. 

Mainly because if he was going to be considered for the job long term, he would have been given the chance by now.... also have another personal reason but it probably wouldn’t be believed, so PM me if you wanna hear it.... ??

Archived