Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, europia said:

We could do worse, but we could also do better. Not aware that Neville has any managerial experience in pro league football. OK some probably say it doesn't matter, I just happen to think it does. Lampard did OK, but in the main due to the loan signings. 

Not sure. I have this vision of him sniffing the benches in the changing rooms after everyone has left. 

2 hours ago, WilkoRam said:

Had this flying past Mels house all day! Beginning to think I’m the only one putting the effort in. 

AA4F32D6-1D3E-4336-A946-85E640C42D8C.jpeg

Mate......i've had one of these parked outside Mel's house for 2 weeks......

image.thumb.jpeg.b55b09e8a4003fa9877c18f96d763e1c.jpeg

Re: Darren Moore. I know he’s got a Derby connection and did relatively well at West Brom, but I don’t think he was the sole brainchild of their initial success.

Graeme Jones, who was assistant under Darren Moore is now manager at Luton. Without him, I struggle to see how Moore would be able to replicate the same success.

17 minutes ago, Jonesy90 said:

Re: Darren Moore. I know he’s got a Derby connection and did relatively well at West Brom, but I don’t think he was the sole brainchild of their initial success.

Graeme Jones, who was assistant under Darren Moore is now manager at Luton. Without him, I struggle to see how Moore would be able to replicate the same success.

He held back one of the most talented and well resourced sides in the division, id be bloody gutted and worried as hell If took over from frank

love the guy for what he did for us as a player but he fills me nothing but total utter fear as a manager 

23 hours ago, Andrew3000 said:

Thankyou you have inspired this rather dreary thread with a Scandinavian drama that really captures the imagination.  Like others have said, this just feels right.  I can't recall his time with us and therefore how connected he might feel to the club which seems key.  Who are his assistants? Eccentric, passionate, single-minded. Could be our Klopp figure...

I think he has different team with him now than he had in Finland. So I guess he doesn't have his own "team"even though I remember him having some Spanish assistant earlier. 

Archived