Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Absolutely transformed PSV. Attacking football and utilised the youth academy. Would make total sense.

Incredible if Mel can pull this off!

Agreed. From a business sense with MM wanting to attract investors it makes even more sense. You just need to look at when FL was appointed, it was reported everywhere home and abroad. 

Mixed emotions on this one 

i used to follow Dutch football religiously 

part of me wants to go to Holland and drive him back to Derby my self ... I mean it’s Phillip cocu for Christ sake

The other part of me thinks never managed in England and let’s not muck around there’s one thing calling upon the infamous psv academy that’s been established and churning out world talent for quite sometime, and then using ours which while is currently on a crest of a wave (and believe me I’m chuffed to bits it is) but the championship is a far less forgiving league to bed youngsters than the eredevise, where let’s face it bar Ajax and the odd fc Twente or feyanoord there’s not a lot else in there to worry u about playing kids against 

But it’s Phillip cocu ... it’s exciting 

and what’s life without a little excitement lol

12 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Absolutely transformed PSV. Attacking football and utilised the youth academy. Would make total sense.

Incredible if Mel can pull this off!

Get him in the door and within a few weeks it’d be “Frank who?”. Would be a major coup to bring him in...a Cocu Coup! The sort of manager who still shows intent, yes please! 

3 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Now to wait for Derby Telegraph's article saying there's nothing in the link. ?

Can you at least use Derby Telegraph speak? “We understand that suggestions of interest in Cocu are wide of the mark” ?

4 minutes ago, admira said:

Darren Moore now 4/5 odds on favourite with Paddy Power. Underwhelming. 

Oh Jesus no 

said it before will say it again 

Love the guy but he held back a very talented and very expensive West Brom squad .... looked like a deer in the headlights 

id be seriously worried 

this window with all the recruitment that needs doing is going to be potentially one of the most important and critical we’ve had for quite sometime 

Last thing we want is a clement style window where we saddle ourselves with players that aren’t good enough signed by a rookie manager 

Would much rather an experience hand did it instead lol??

7 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Mixed emotions on this one 

i used to follow Dutch football religiously 

part of me wants to go to Holland and drive him back to Derby my self ... I mean it’s Phillip cocu for Christ sake

The other part of me thinks never managed in England and let’s not muck around there’s one thing calling upon the infamous psv academy that’s been established and churning out world talent for quite sometime, and then using ours which while is currently on a crest of a wave (and believe me I’m chuffed to bits it is) but the championship is a far less forgiving league to bed youngsters than the eredevise, where let’s face it bar Ajax and the odd fc Twente or feyanoord there’s not a lot else in there to worry u about playing kids against 

But it’s Phillip cocu ... it’s exciting 

and what’s life without a little excitement lol

Frank Lampard had never managed in England, but that turned out alright.

If Steve McClaren won the Eredivisie that must make this Cocu chap 3 times as  good as him.

Archived