Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

Unlike Frank he has has some experience in managing a team.His team seems to play in an entertaining manner.He talks   well   seems to have the respect of the media but more important his players.

Personally, I see a difference between Neville's current role and managing in the championship, which is one of the most competitive leagues in Europe. Others may not think that way.... but it's all about opinions. 

20 minutes ago, europia said:

Personally, I see a difference between Neville's current role and managing in the championship, which is one of the most competitive leagues in Europe. Others may not think that way.... but it's all about opinions. 

He actually has far more coaching experience than Frank Lampard when he took over if you look at his history and until recently none of it was with women. 

59 minutes ago, europia said:

you are missing the point Frank had no managerial experience at all when he came to us.

I think Phil Neville would be a great appointment. Good experience as an assistant and done well with the lionesses. Made difficult tactical decisions throughout the tournament and they’ve paid off. Speaks really well about what they’re trying to achieve. Shouldnt be thought any less of because it’s womens football. He’d be a great appointment but part of me hopes he sticks with the lionesses for a bit longer and continues to help boost the profile of women’s football which I’m desperately keen for my two young daughters to get into!!

1 hour ago, Bluedogmaz said:

He actually has far more coaching experience than Frank Lampard when he took over if you look at his history and until recently none of it was with women. 

What on earth are you insinuating... I've never been so insulted in my life......... 

Catherine Tate 2008

18 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

Yes she should be given the chance to be head tea lady.

She's one of the eight going with Frank.

3 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Very good job at PSV, not so much at Fenerbahce. 

"Cocu, start the bounce" does sound pretty good though so I'm all for his appointment. 

spacer.png

must be a decent song in there for him somewhere......I can see through the Turkish experience and understand that he may not have settled to their culture or way of football. Dutch style is great.....and very promotable here in England. Yes for me - welcome the first Foreign coach of DCFC

2 minutes ago, irobinson said:

must be a decent song in there for him somewhere......I can see through the Turkish experience and understand that he may not have settled to their culture or way of football. Dutch style is great.....and very promotable here in England. Yes for me - welcome the first Foreign coach of DCFC

This would be a fantastic choice. Then Lampard can loan us two or three Chelsea youth players and Cocu will bring the best out of them. 

Archived