Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Danelaw Rams said:

You know what....how funny that would be if he did.....and made a success out of it! Could you imagine the anger and frustration from the rotten mob up the road . ?

Not worth the risk! 

22 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Would of thought 95% of the people on this forum have never watched Lincoln City play more than once, to be fair. 

True

for what it’s worth though I’m fine with that sort of football as long as it’s done with purpose and isn’t just aimless 

Let’s not forget our last promotion had that same exact game plan ... hit the ogre Howard and play off him getting players in and around him 

there’s still a place for it in the modern game 

just it’s not always pretty to watch and doesn’t get as much time as “trying to play” does from the fans 

I'm no hoofball advocate, far from it. But I think it usually gets a bad rep because it just looks so damn ugly when it doesn't work. Aimless punts make us all just bubble over with rage. When a good footballing team is playing badly, you can often see what they are trying to do, but failing to do.

We would do well to remember that at their worst, they are equally as ineffective, and pretty or not, it's failing.

When it succeeds, nobody cares about hoofball. I remember actually quite enjoying some of Rowettball. The strikers got absolutely no service, but when the time was right, Rowett knew when to push players up.

It's a bit like in boxing when you have a defensive counter puncher. Keep distance, dodge punches for 11 rounds, and then BANG, jab, straight, hook in round 12 and you've won by knockout. Or winning some early rounds and coasting to a decision. Certainly not as exciting as a guy who goes for it from bell to bell.

In boxing, they rate the ability of a fighter who can do this. Some call it boring, some call it effective. Rowett's football was a bit like this, and from that perspective I quite enjoyed when it worked. Not just because we won but because we didn't need 10 shots on target and 70% possession to dominate the game.

We dominated because we gave them nothing, and hurt them when it mattered, Floyd Mayweather style.

5 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I'm no hoofball advocate, far from it. But I think it usually gets a bad rep because it just looks so damn ugly when it doesn't work. Aimless punts make us all just bubble over with rage. When a good footballing team is playing badly, you can often see what they are trying to do, but failing to do.

We would do well to remember that at their worst, they are equally as ineffective, and pretty or not, it's failing.

When it succeeds, nobody cares about hoofball. I remember actually quite enjoying some of Rowettball. The strikers got absolutely no service, but when the time was right, Rowett knew when to push players up.

It's a bit like in boxing when you have a defensive counter puncher. Keep distance, dodge punches for 11 rounds, and then BANG, jab, straight, hook in round 12 and you've won by knockout. Or winning some early rounds and coasting to a decision. Certainly not as exciting as a guy who goes for it from bell to bell.

In boxing, they rate the ability of a fighter who can do this. Some call it boring, some call it effective. Rowett's football was a bit like this, and from that perspective I quite enjoyed when it worked. Not just because we won but because we didn't need 10 shots on target and 70% possession to dominate the game.

We dominated because we gave them nothing, and hurt them when it mattered, Floyd Mayweather style.

I hear you, Gaz.

Theres this obscure manager in France, I bet no ones heard of him, but I suspect he’ll come to the championship and would make us champion material in no time: Sabri Lamouchi.

oh, wait, ducking forest got there first. All other contenders will seem like second best now I got that idea in my head. I was convinced he was the chosen one. 

17 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Theres this obscure manager in France, I bet no ones heard of him, but I suspect he’ll come to the championship and would make us champion material in no time: Sabri Lamouchi.

oh, wait, ducking forest got there first. All other contenders will seem like second best now I got that idea in my head. I was convinced he was the chosen one. 

This summer’s turkey. Gone by Christmas.

Frankie lampard went to town in the limo he requested.

by the time he'd signed on the line, no-one was interested 

Archived