Luke Thomas - joined Barnsley permanently

Slim charles

The kid seems like an idiot to be perfectly honest. He’s changed his profile picture to an old photo of him signing a contract just to make a point.

I know he’s not the fountain of all knowledge but Nixon said that Thomas is waiting to see who the manager is before going. If there were rumours of Lampard being unimpressed with Marriott’s attitude, then it’s quite possible that he wants Thomas gone for his attitude rather than ability.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Realistically we have Lawrence, FloJo and Bennett already ahead of him - Plus Waggers plays out there ahead of him too

Out of the guys coming back from loan stints you would have thought only one of Thomas or Mcalister would be taking the step up to the first team squad - Plus there's that lad with the double barrel who came on for a taster earlier in the season and looked a bit tricky - AND we're almost certainly in the market for another winger even if the Wilson thing turns out to be nonsense

So as much as he looked tricksy in pre-season last year I don't know that he'd be getting much game time

All possibly true but he might also dislodge one or two from that list ( actually selling Lawrence has its merits while we can get a good price)

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

All possibly true but he might also dislodge one or two from that list ( actually selling Lawrence has its merits while we can get a good price)

He might - But it seems unlikely if he's being touted around for a transfer

Also that's absolute madness - Lawrence is the best winger in our squad now and selling him would be nuts

50 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Realistically we have Lawrence, FloJo and Bennett already ahead of him - Plus Waggers plays out there ahead of him too

Or maybe we won;t be playing that way as much next season. Maybe more diamond, less/no opportunity for wingers.  Who knows. Anything could happen.

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

The kid seems like an idiot to be perfectly honest. He’s changed his profile picture to an old photo of him signing a contract just to make a point.

I know he’s not the fountain of all knowledge but Nixon said that Thomas is waiting to see who the manager is before going. If there were rumours of Lampard being unimpressed with Marriott’s attitude, then it’s quite possible that he wants Thomas gone for his attitude rather than ability.

If Thomas is waiting to see who the manager is, he probably has an inkling that Lampard is leaving.

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If Thomas is waiting to see who the manager is, he probably has an inkling that Lampard is leaving.

To be fair, at the end of any given Derby County season it's perfectly reasonable to think next season there will be another manager

I spoke to one of Luke Thomas's mates just before he signed for us and he described him as a really decent lad who was so over the moon/excited about getting an oppurtunity with us and said he really stood out growing up playing in non league football with him 

He is still a kid really so think its a bit unfair to call him a Bell etc because of some silly posts on his twitter or wherever it is as we've all done silly things when were young,( in my case far too many lol ) playing wise i think he showed good things in pre season last season and if he had a genuine chance to break into our first team he wouldn't be being sold

On 10/06/2019 at 13:11, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Don't be daft , he's just following all the bed wetting on here,  Frank is going no where !

On 10/06/2019 at 14:16, Saity said:

I spoke to one of Luke Thomas's mates just before he signed for us and he described him as a really decent lad who was so over the moon/excited about getting an oppurtunity with us and said he really stood out growing up playing in non league football with him 

He is still a kid really so think its a bit unfair to call him a Bell etc because of some silly posts on his twitter or wherever it is as we've all done silly things when were young,( in my case far too many lol ) playing wise i think he showed good things in pre season last season and if he had a genuine chance to break into our first team he wouldn't be being sold

I spoke to someone who has a soft spot for him. He reckons he was given way too much money for his age without the appropriate support in place to keep his feet on the ground.

Then again, he seemed like a horrible little twit in the videos his Mrs posted.

8 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Why what happened?

I assume that I'm allowed to say this as it was all out in the public domain.

She put up an Instagram story outing him for (allegedly) cheating on her multiple times. What was worse was the fact that he seemed to find it mildly amusing and showed no emotion whatsoever. Then again, she went right back to him soon after so she didn't exactly cover herself in glory. 

Archived