Luke Thomas - joined Barnsley permanently

Slim charles

34 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I'd put Thomas ahead of McAllister & JML at this stage.

Waghorn and Bennett are better down the middle.

That just leaves the underperforming Jozefzoon who'd I'd gladly take £1m from Barnsley for.

I reckon FL & JM put JML ahead of LT & Mc. Think I would too. ?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets not pretend that Derbyshire Live and the Derby Telegraph sites are any better (if you can actually get through the ads to access them) for this kind of stuff. 

Nothing would surprise me RE: Luke Thomas. In case you all forgot we just released Elsnik for nothing. I liked Thomas in the pre season stuff I saw, but didn't look ready for competitive Championship games at the time. If he isn't in Franks plans get rid and fund another player.

37 minutes ago, Carnero said:

That just leaves the underperforming Jozefzoon who'd I'd gladly take £1m from Barnsley for.

Does this mean that Frank was right to play Mason up top in the final? ?

We need to get rid of elsnik, thomas, and one or two others in order to continue to fund blackman, butterfield, johnno, and anya. 

There's method in the madness. 

Next  May at wembley i can see Anya crossing for blackman to miss kick and butters to ram home the loose ball as we triumphantly return to the top flight.

41 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I agree with most of that but I think we have to consider all offers. Maybe we haven’t had an offer for Jozefzoon. 

I still prefer Bennett on the wing as he is good at tracking back. This was one of Thomas' weaker points but he could have improved that at Coventry.

I do think Thomas is first team ready now, whereas our slots might be for people who don't mind sitting around on the fringes while they learn a bit more.

I feel for our under 23s as to some extent they have been a missed generation - they should have been given their chances earlier and weren't. It's interesting that Frank and Jody seem to be looking to recruit from the under 18s.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

In fairness to Zoon, he's not really had a consistent run in the first team. He managed four consecutive starts in December and he had his best form in a Derby shirt in that time - Bristol (H), Sheff Utd (A), Norwich (A) & Middlesbrough (H). It wasn't an easy run of four games, that's for sure, but we did okay. 

I agree that I would like Thomas to battle it out with Jozefzoon, but the latter is a good technical player that has probably lacked that game time to really assert himself. It's not easy for wingers at the best of times, but he's had it especially difficult. He did enough at Brentford to show he's a very good player at this level. 

If it keeps the academy going then I think it’s a good idea.

Decent sell on fee, or buy back option maybe.

We need to sell to survive, we can’t carry on in this league with no income to support the young development 

Here's a really bold, innovative idea...

Why don't we try playing him in the first team BEFORE we start saying things like sell him for 1 million. He could play and be worth less, but equally he could play and be worth more. We don't have to make a decision now. 

TobyWanKenobi

Gloucester Live have realised they get more clicks from talking about Derby County, than they do Cheltenham Town and here we are. 

8 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Here's a really bold, innovative idea...

Why don't we try playing him in the first team BEFORE we start saying things like sell him for 1 million. He could play and be worth less, but equally he could play and be worth more. We don't have to make a decision now. 

Perhaps we do......perhaps we need some funds?

20 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

It’s true. And the destination has already been suggested in this thread. 

Another weird one, but then, we do need the money.

You been overhearing agents telephone conversations in cafes again?  If so any news on whether this is a sweetener in bringing in either Pinnock or Lindsay.

Archived