Luke Thomas - joined Barnsley permanently

Slim charles

Gloucestershire live (DET equivalent) saying Gloucester city are gonna receive a cash windfall as Derby are selling Lije Thomas to a championship rival for £1 million

Really hope this is not true as I thought he'd come back from Coventry and be around the first team squad this year!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Slim charles said:

Gloucestershire live (DET equivalent) saying Gloucester city are gonna receive a cash windfall as Derby are selling Lije Thomas to a championship rival for £1 million

Really hope this is not true as I thought he'd come back from Coventry and be around the first team squad this year!

Disappointing IF true, but they consistently peddled the West Ham “interest” too.

Wouldn’t sell Luke Thomas in a million years, particulary not to another Championship club! Still one of our best talents imo and will go on to be a great player for us. Might even be ready this season after that season in league one to make the step up. Great player who we should definitely keep hold of and try and get the best of his talent out. Absolute no to his sale.

Luckily Gloucestershire live is about as reliable as a 25 year old Alfa Romeo so I think we’re alright

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Wouldn’t sell Luke Thomas in a million years, particulary not to another Championship club! Still one of our best talents imo and will go on to be a great player for us. Might even be ready this season after that season in league one to make the step up. Great player who we should definitely keep hold of and try and get the best of his talent out. Absolute no to his sale.

Luckily Gloucestershire live is about as reliable as a 25 year old Alfa Romeo so I think we’re alright

What's happened to you?

It used to be "oh, FFS Derby" at the first sniff of a rumour like this!

Just now, Carnero said:

What's happened to you?

It used to be "oh, FFS Derby" at the first sniff of a rumour like this!

Well Gloucestershire live made a laughing stock of themselves so I ain’t trusting them again after claiming repeatedly a deal for Thomas was entirely done to West Ham before he signed a new deal! If the telegraph (proper one not Derby) or someone of that ilk reports it then you’ll see...?

39 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

They will be right one day, you mark my words.

Unfortunately, there's a chance it could be this time. Pretty sure there's interest in him, but that obviously doesn't mean that he's definitely leaving.

I'd think it'd be very unfortunate if he was to go, however there aren't many better judges of youth payers than our Jody and if he and the coaching staff think that either 1) We have someone better in the youth ranks, 2) We could buy someone for less than £1m that is or will be better or 3) £1m is too good a good price for him then I do trust them.

Could be one we live to forget though if he were to leave. Seems to be a very Barnsley signing, buying young and (relatively) cheap, and maybe selling high, and even if he did 'fail', the financial outlay wouldn't be that high.

Think he should get a chance in the first team next season personally, but we'll see what happens

Archived