Congratulations to Aston Villa

Sexydadbod

Of course we will all rightly focus on ourselves, but well done to Aston Villa . They deserved it on the day and completely outperformed in the other games we played against them. Also well done to Dean Smith, a genuine nice man in football who is going through a difficult time.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to be able to say fair play, well done, you deserved it and no complaints. The frustrating thing for me is that Villa were not that great today. If we had of had the formation we finished with today earlier in the game I think we could have really hurt them....

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would love to be able to say fair play, well done, you deserved it and no complaints. The frustrating thing for me is that Villa were not that great today. If we had of had the formation we finished with today earlier in the game I think we could have really hurt them....

This is surely a comment for another thread.

Well done Villa and good luck next season.

I know a lot of people don't like Grealish, but I'm happy to see him get promoted with the team he has supported his whole life. He could have left earlier, but stayed loyal for another season. Also glad to see Dean Smith, another Villa fan, get his team back to the Prem. 

Always disappointing to lose at Wembley, but we had an entertaining season and I cant begrudge them the win. Congrats to them and hope they can stay up next year.

Can’t say I’ll be commenting too much on villa but yeah fair play to them. Ultimately they were stronger than us this season and had that consistency that our players lacked imo. Not so much today but in other games they were well better than us in the other games. They had a team a level above us, a level we have to reach if we’re ever to get promoted. Unfortunately comebacks can only get you so far, we needed that consistency across 90 mins before to see us up. Just didn’t quite have enough, we need to somehow get the funds to push us onto that next level villa were at these last few games. Otherwise we’re doomed as alsorans I fear.

Hate to see players like Mings and Grealish go up, but I’ve always like dean Smith and would’ve gladly had him as our manager. Always seems like a decent bloke so rather see him up than the likes of Bielsa. 

2 hours ago, GrimsbyRam said:

I agreed congrats to the Villa. But did they deserve it really? We didn’t turn up today and gifted them both goals. It was not like we were outplayed.

I don't like Aston Villa, but they have proven to be far superior to us on three occasions this season, so I can't put any argument forward to suggest that we deserve more than they do. I expect AVFC will soon establish themselves back in the PL, where as for DCFC it would have been a survival battle from day one. 

Shame we had to go 2-0 down to make a game of it but well done Villa.  Gutted we lost but thought they were the better team on the day. Game of the season was beating the Dirties and most of us will remember that for longer than the disappointment of today. 

Good luck in the PL. 

You get 2,500 Birmingham fans in Derby and you can't move for morons 

Stick 38,000 Villa fans in London and let them mix with the Rams and I didn't see any idiots. Just supporting their club. 

Good luck to them. 

42 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Good luck in the PL. 

You get 2,500 Birmingham fans in Derby and you can't move for morons 

Stick 38,000 Villa fans in London and let them mix with the Rams and I didn't see any idiots. Just supporting their club. 

Good luck to them. 

Apart from the half dozen 15 year olds who "attacked" the fan park.....???

Just now, uttoxram75 said:

Apart from the half dozen 15 year olds who "attacked" the fan park.....???

What happened?

I saw some Rams pushing and shoving each other today near the top. Maybe block 512 or summat.  Thought it looked a good scrap but in typical Derby traditional it disappointed. 

There's always nice people around trying to do the right thing

Same at the services on way home. Some Derby fan started on a Villa fan I think and good people were on standby. I was already on the car taking money off @Mafiabob who had a cheeky tenner on the Villa fan. 

Did you get tipped over by some school kids?

Well done Villa. I never experienced any feeling that they were due the win and after the game they were very gratuitous and didn’t act like bankers with their win. They earnt some respect from me even though my best mate at school was a Villa fan too. I don’t like the accent though.

Archived