Congratulations to Aston Villa

Sexydadbod

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, philmycock said:

Villa fans were awesome, you could tell that they understood our pain after going through it themselves last season. Class acts. Can't imagine Brum or Leeds fans being so classy. ?

I had to feel a little happy (probably not the right word) on behalf of the villa fans. As much as I would have revelled in watching the fire sale that would have had to ensue if they stayed down, and totally think they would have deserved it for all their ridiculous over spending, it would have been very cruel for them to lose 2 play off finals in 2 seasons. 

Maybe next year we’ll do what they’ve done (although I hope we never get the pleasure of winning the play offs again, cos we’ll be going up comfortably crowned champions in March. The next Wembley trip will be for the FA cup final). 

11 hours ago, philmycock said:

Villa fans were awesome, you could tell that they understood our pain after going through it themselves last season. Class acts. Can't imagine Brum or Leeds fans being so classy. ?

It bloody hurts ?

thank you for your kind words. Genuinely hope you finish first next season, not that it makes the pain less right now. It'll be worth it though, cracking team you're building. 

Yeah congrats from this Ram to Villa also

Clearly the biggest club in the division & it always jarred a little seeing them at this level - they're really the kind of club who should be top half of the Premiership. 

Villa fans generally seemed a decent bunch on the day and certainly better than the Small Heath idiots. All the best for next year ?

1 minute ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Yeah congrats from this Ram to Villa also

Clearly the biggest club in the division & it always jarred a little seeing them at this level - they're really the kind of club who should be top half of the Premiership. 

Villa fans generally seemed a decent bunch on the day and certainly better than the Small Heath idiots. All the best for next year ?

Used to find Villa annoying but completely agree, zero percent of me is annoyed at Villa. It’s not like when we lost to QPR at all.

Would say they’re a good addition to the Premier League but it’s strange they weren’t there in the first place. Happy to have them out of the way now, did not enjoy playing them at all this season.

2 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Used to find Villa annoying but completely agree, zero percent of me is annoyed at Villa. It’s not like when we lost to QPR at all.

Would say they’re a good addition to the Premier League but it’s strange they weren’t there in the first place. Happy to have them out of the way now, did not enjoy playing them at all this season.

Yes me too, probably because QPR were so obnoxious and so obviously not a top division club. And that we knew we were the better team - I never truly believed that at any stage in the run up to Monday.

Villa being up definitely removes a major title contender for this coming season - just Colin and Leeds to contend with instead!

Thanks for the kind words AVFCfan, although disappointing to lose on the day, the pain wasn't as bad for us as last time, because I think deep down we all know that we are a long way from a team that can establish themselves in the top flight.

We're all desperate to go up, obviously, but I'd rather we did it when we are able to compete, and I think Villa with their squad are a lot closer to that than we are. Good luck next season.

21 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I still think villa got lucky I still stand we played better football and I still think villa come stright back down. 

Villa's fate next season will depend on the quality of players they sign and how quickly they gel,has ours would have done.

Not in mood to congratulate Villa, just yet. It was a game that we could have won even with the team selection. Scoring off your back is a fluke. Second goal was easily avoidable. We scored a very good goal and could have scored two 

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

Not in mood to congratulate Villa, just yet. It was a game that we could have won even with the team selection. Scoring off your back is a fluke. Second goal was easily avoidable. We scored a very good goal and could have scored two 

We didn’t work their keeper enough- Marriott half volley chance, Boyle shouldn’t have shot, Keogh header, Mount straight at keeper. Lacked a bit of quality with finishing I thought. 

40 minutes ago, Davide said:

We didn’t work their keeper enough- Marriott half volley chance, Boyle shouldn’t have shot, Keogh header, Mount straight at keeper. Lacked a bit of quality with finishing I thought. 

Too right he shouldn't have, he doesn't even play for us!

Sith Happens
4 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I still think villa got lucky I still stand we played better football and I still think villa come stright back down. 

Villa were the better team. We did ok towards the end. I think they will stay up comfortably. 

Archived