Congratulations to Aston Villa

Sexydadbod

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Villa fans that I saw on the trains in London seemed decent enough. I dunno if anyone else noticed that there seemed to be a lot of theirs heading towards the stadium after the game. I can only guess that they had watched the game in pubs nearby / couldn't get tickets. Fair play, if so.

Agree with comments re:Villa fans. Really good bunch those I spoke to, like the baggies were in 07.

I was staggered when Villa were relegated into the championship. Couldn’t comprehend it. They are a premier league club no question and the premier league needs them imo.

As for game itself, absolutely nothing in it apart from a keeping error. Frustrating but we go again.

Good luck to Villa, their fans are and were ok, I know a fair few and wished them well. Their team could’ve been beat but wasn’t and it was their day. Their management were consoling ours in defeat and acted with class.

Their deserve their return in my book, whatever their net outgoings, the gamble was laid and paid off when it needed to, time to be gracious in defeat and say well done.

Leeds fans have yet again shown their true colours and why they’re one of the most hated fan bases, whereas Villa fans have a lot of respect and dignity . Some Leeds fans came on here and other Dcfc forums to troll, the Derby twitter feed is infested with childish Leeds trolls , obviously not bright enough to remember that they are the ones who bottled automatic promotion and will be in the same division as us next year, even though it was “their year”. If Leeds had got past us, I would have backed Villa all the way to smash these fools. 

Hope they get relegated next year , if you are going to get a ticket in the Derby end because you are desperate to see the game then sit quietly and don’t show out ,we had some right scumbags round us ,,it was like being back in the seventies 

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Hope they get relegated next year , if you are going to get a ticket in the Derby end because you are desperate to see the game then sit quietly and don’t show out ,we had some right scumbags round us ,,it was like being back in the seventies 

How on earth does that happen in this day and age? 

Sorry, but the club and they way they sold tickets are to blame for having Villa fans beside you. 

They have records of customer numbers, number of games attended, which games attended etc. It wouldnt of been difficult to prioritise the sales periods based on their data.   

And if they were still left with tickets unsold, then so be it. They put £ before safety. 

10 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

How on earth does that happen in this day and age? 

Sorry, but the club and they way they sold tickets are to blame for having Villa fans beside you. 

They have records of customer numbers, number of games attended, which games attended etc. It wouldnt of been difficult to prioritise the sales periods based on their data.   

And if they were still left with tickets unsold, then so be it. They put £ before safety. 

Nope ,club Wembley Derby end tickets ,club Wembley and stewarding are to blame slightly behind ****** villa fans who buy tickets clearly sold as for sale to Derby fans only then proceed to wear colours ,jump about when they score and goad Derby fans around them which eventually lead to fisticuffs and stunningly a villa fan complains to stewards about a Derby fan who kept standing trying to get singing going ,he was warned constantly and almost ejected 

nope villa go on my list of clubs I wish the worst for

Good luck to Dean Smith , his father will be proud of him. I don't think they deserve to be congratulated, I only congratulate sides that play us off the park. I will wish them good luck in the premier league, they are a good club to be honest.

14 hours ago, Alpha said:

What happened?

I saw some Rams pushing and shoving each other today near the top. Maybe block 512 or summat.  Thought it looked a good scrap but in typical Derby traditional it disappointed. 

There's always nice people around trying to do the right thing

Same at the services on way home. Some Derby fan started on a Villa fan I think and good people were on standby. I was already on the car taking money off @Mafiabob who had a cheeky tenner on the Villa fan. 

Did you get tipped over by some school kids?

Was on the middle of the fan park when people started laughing, managed to get a look and about 6 or 8 young lads were doing the wide open arm thing like extras in Green Street offering Derby fans on.......they were beaten back by a tidal wave of laughter before a couple of coppers walked toward them and they scarpered to much amusement from all.

3 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Was on the middle of the fan park when people started laughing, managed to get a look and about 6 or 8 young lads were doing the wide open arm thing like extras in Green Street offering Derby fans on.......they were beaten back by a tidal wave of laughter before a couple of coppers walked toward them and they scarpered to much amusement from all.

They came down the steps at the back, one had a right go at a copper who must've pushed him fully 10yds back from a standing start, and told him to get lost (not his exact words).

He waited till the copper turned his back, then charged him like a toddler having a tantrum, 3 seconds later he's missing the match, probably with a banning order too!

What made it funnier was the fact they'd marched past quite a few Derby fans standing on the steps outside the fanpark drinking, to have a go at the ones safely behind barriers with security and coppers around.

Well done villa. Most fans came across before and after were pleasant and good natured, how it should be. My only thought was that a lot of them didn’t seem that celebratory after the game. They just walked in their droves back to the station. Maybe they expected to win and because they did it took some shine off it. On the other hand, in some of the Derby pubs after you’d have thought we had won haha. 

It would have been a disaster for them if they'd not gone up, half of their squad would have had to have been sold, Now they've got through the narrow tunnel they'll go on to be one of the big clubs in the Prem, as they have extremely rich backers who can now spend as much as they want, and are fully prepared to do so.

I've never particularly liked Villa, but they are probably the club around us in the Championship I'd be least distressed about losing to.

On 28/05/2019 at 19:00, Ramos said:

Well done villa. Most fans came across before and after were pleasant and good natured, how it should be. My only thought was that a lot of them didn’t seem that celebratory after the game. They just walked in their droves back to the station. Maybe they expected to win and because they did it took some shine off it. On the other hand, in some of the Derby pubs after you’d have thought we had won haha. 

Hi! 

Villa fan in peace & I was only going to have a quick look to see how you were all doing but I wanted to say thanks for the good wishes amongst the posts here and to respond to this particular post & explain.

Many years ago I went to the play offs with my PNE supporting husband and saw them beaten by West Ham. At that time I too commented that the West Ham fans didn’t even look particularly happy. They too had lost the year before. I think that now I get it!

(1) Far from ‘expecting’ to win, the feeling that we ‘needed’ to win was unlike anything I have experienced before in 40 years as a Villa fan. We knew we ‘should’ win, due to previous results, form, the table, but that isn’t the same as ‘expecting’. ‘Expecting’ is quite a relaxing feeling whereas ‘’Should’ is pressure. When we got back to the pub we were probably flatter than last year just through pure emotional exhaustion. I am still feeling it now. Its felt like every ounce of energy was pushed out of me in that 90 minutes! When players talk about leaving everything on the pitch - that really was how I felt as a fan. I really wanted to put paid to the notion that we expected to beat you, and what you saw was some kind of smug complacency, because that couldn’t be further from the truth. 

(2) The 2nd thing is respect. As we walked down Wembley as a horde of Villa fans leaving long after you, we did sing and chant and smile and laugh, but as we moved through the tube system and crossed paths with more and more Derby fans going in different directions, I know my group quietened. We knew how poo we had felt last year and had no wish to rub anyone’s nose in it. We looked at the floor and waited til we were back amongst our own fans to begin our celebrations anew.

(3) Yep we needed to get back to The Premier League - but many of us don’t really want to. The Championship is so much more competitive, so much more anybody’s game. I will miss that. All the time we have been here I have looked at The Premier League as a far away land that has nothing to do with the game I love. It feels plastic and it doesn’t feel real. The Championship has been like ‘old football’. It’s been fun again - for the first time in a long time!

Massive apologies once again for the horrible coach incident. I have donated to give some kind of financial recompense to those caught up in it. It’s not how I expect us to behave (actually tbf it is exactly how I expect a certain section of dheads to behave but it’s not how most of us are). Out of all the teams we could have been at Wembley with I was so glad it was you and you helped to make it a great day out for everyone (not just by losing - lol)

Good Luck next year - you are one of the teams that should be there, one of the teams who were there in my youth, and I would love to see you make it back soon.

6 minutes ago, Amfy said:

Hi! 

Villa fan in peace & I was only going to have a quick look to see how you were all doing but I wanted to say thanks for the good wishes amongst the posts here and to respond to this particular post & explain.

Many years ago I went to the play offs with my PNE supporting husband and saw them beaten by West Ham. At that time I too commented that the West Ham fans didn’t even look particularly happy. They too had lost the year before. I think that now I get it!

(1) Far from ‘expecting’ to win, the feeling that we ‘needed’ to win was unlike anything I have experienced before in 40 years as a Villa fan. We knew we ‘should’ win, due to previous results, form, the table, but that isn’t the same as ‘expecting’. ‘Expecting’ is quite a relaxing feeling whereas ‘’Should’ is pressure. When we got back to the pub we were probably flatter than last year just through pure emotional exhaustion. I am still feeling it now. Its felt like every ounce of energy was pushed out of me in that 90 minutes! When players talk about leaving everything on the pitch - that really was how I felt as a fan. I really wanted to put paid to the notion that we expected to beat you, and what you saw was some kind of smug complacency, because that couldn’t be further from the truth. 

(2) The 2nd thing is respect. As we walked down Wembley as a horde of Villa fans leaving long after you, we did sing and chant and smile and laugh, but as we moved through the tube system and crossed paths with more and more Derby fans going in different directions, I know my group quietened. We knew how poo we had felt last year and had no wish to rub anyone’s nose in it. We looked at the floor and waited til we were back amongst our own fans to begin our celebrations anew.

(3) Yep we needed to get back to The Premier League - but many of us don’t really want to. The Championship is so much more competitive, so much more anybody’s game. I will miss that. All the time we have been here I have looked at The Premier League as a far away land that has nothing to do with the game I love. It feels plastic and it doesn’t feel real. The Championship has been like ‘old football’. It’s been fun again - for the first time in a long time!

Massive apologies once again for the horrible coach incident. I have donated to give some kind of financial recompense to those caught up in it. It’s not how I expect us to behave (actually tbf it is exactly how I expect a certain section of dheads to behave but it’s not how most of us are). Out of all the teams we could have been at Wembley with I was so glad it was you and you helped to make it a great day out for everyone (not just by losing - lol)

Good Luck next year - you are one of the teams that should be there, one of the teams who were there in my youth, and I would love to see you make it back soon.

In all honesty I didn’t really think about the energy that goes into winning a play off final (I mean we lose them so much ?) and I was only about 13 when we beat West Brom so I can barely remember how the Derby fans were after that. But I can understand fans showing respect around the losing faithful. Although I remember many QPR fans goading but suppose you can’t blame them for the timing of the goal. 

I also understand your explanation of the championship feeling more exciting and real. I wasn’t too fussed about going up as I really enjoy this league. Having said that I do think Derby could of done with it financially and without further investment I do worry a little about whether we will eventually go the same way as the likes of Bolton, Ipswich etc. 

Good luck next season, villa were one of the games I look forward to at pride park mainly cause of the away contingent creating an atmosphere. Sadly all the clubs coming into the championship never bring many fans to PP.

13 minutes ago, Ramos said:

In all honesty I didn’t really think about the energy that goes into winning a play off final .....

Well I hope you get to find out how it feels next year.......or even better, just get automatic promotion and not have to go through the wringer again!

All the Best!

25 minutes ago, Amfy said:

Hi! 

I was late leaving the stadium cos I was trying to hook up with an old mate who was in a different bit (that failed). So I was kicking around as the villa crowd left. 

Had a chat with a few groups - who were all happy to chat (I was on my own) and were universally understanding. I completely get the points that you make. We're in a slightly different place financially so I get the bit about the worry factor. 

Fwiw I was trying to encourage the villa fans not to feel too sorry. One little lad with his dad, saw me, rolled up his plastic flag and looked guilty. I asked him if he enjoyed the game and wished them well and said it was a good game. 

I hope that celebrations have now taken place. Thanks for the good wishes but we're alright - squabbling away but looking forward to more youngsters hopefully next season. 

The message from the chairman down has been consistent - disappointment but proud of our young team and pleased we came so far after the turmoil of last summer.

Good luck villa, we will be hopeful of joining you next year.?

Archived