Leeds United v Derby County play off semi final second leg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ipswich contingent went mad when Jack got the winner, piled on my mates wife on the sofa and nearly broke her ribs!  What a brilliant night. 

I was given free tickets for the FA Cup final at the weekend so will be having a couple of trips in May. 

Frank Lampard put his faith in young players tonight and they fought like demons for him. Mason Bennett was unplayable, he tormented Leeds with his strength and power and proved Frank right when he said he loved him.

Jack came on and gave his all, chased and ran down every ball, Oh, he finished like a boss as well.....

Bogle was superb all night, what a talent, Keogh imperious, Bradley strong and showed tremendous leadership, Harry and young Mason played without fear and grew up tonight.....

This is Derby. You beautiful, wonderful, Rams, this is why I have a Ram tattooed on my arm, this is why I bounce like a very silly bouncy thing, this is why I have a season ticket in the South Stand, this is why at the age of 58 I remember us winning the League twice yet have never felt so proud of a Derby team as I do right now.

WE LOVE YOU Derby, WE DO

WE LOVE YOU Derby, WE DO

WE LOVE OU Derby, WE DO

OHHH, Derby WE LOVE YOU 

I hate Leeds more than forest.. And to see them with so much belief when they scored first.. Only to be left red faced and tearful makes me so happy. Couldn't of happened to a better team ? 

Swiiiiiiiiiiing lowwwwwwwwwwwww

27 minutes ago, Anon said:

That's not untrue, but what we did differently to the other times was instead of just watching and marveling at how superior they were to us, we got stuck in and showed a nasty streak. A lot of the hard graft in unsettling Leeds was put in in the first 45.

Nasty streak by us tipped the balance. Fight fire with fire. 9 bookings 2 sending offs. No Passion! ????

Just got home, my voice has gone, my hands are raw, my heart is racing & I've got the biggest smile on my mug.

And to think until yesterday morning, I didn't even have a ticket. Thanks @David - had I not seen your post, I probably wouldn't have been able to go & it'd have been one of the biggest regrets of my Derby-supporting life.

Just a beautiful night in every way imaginable. Those idiots go ahead & give it loads, we then peg them back before the break & I think at that point, we knew something special was happening. We sang at Leeds for 5 mins into half time - that never ever happens normally.

The lads absolutely ran their legs off, Marriott was an absolute revelation, the fans were sensational. And to sing 'take your scarves, eff off home' at the end was the most fantastic way to ram their cockiness from all season back down their throats. Loved their South Stand going mental at the end ??

So rare to have a night like this - enjoy it everyone. I certainly will at work tomorrow ? 

Thank you Derby County ❤️

Frankly don’t care so much what happens at Wembley now. I just wanted to absolute smash Leeds and their arrogant fan base.

This team has provided so many memories like no other. They’re young, they’re hungry, they’re relatable, they’re accessible and they show passion and desire like we would as fans - which is unreal given the loanees. 

What a journey. A season like no other. 

I am in pure ecstasy, that was one hell of the game, it had everything, and so glad to put one over Leeds at last, we deserved that tonight for courage, attitude, and desire, so proud of everyone at Derby, this feels special, can not wait for Wembley now, we are Derby, Super Derby, super Rams.  Have a great feeling, Frank will be our lucky manager, we will beat Villa Mark my words.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Frankly don’t care so much what happens at Wembley now. I just wanted to absolute smash Leeds and their arrogant fan base.

This team has provided so many memories like no other. They’re young, they’re hungry, they’re relatable, they’re accessible and they show passion and desire like we would as fans - which is unreal given the loanees. 

What a journey. A season like no other. 

I was so happy that we were sticking it up Leeds, I genuinely forgot about the Wembley bit until we were in extra time ?

Just popping in to say....

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Couldn’t happen to a bigger bunch of c**ts, duck off Leeds! COYR

Archived