Leeds United v Derby County play off semi final second leg

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Yojimbo said:

Definitely need to bring back the :eye roll: emoji for comments like this.

We have a like, that will do.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many jinxes broken.

First Team to come back from a fist leg playoff defeat

4th time lucky against Smersh and the KGB

and the first time I bought a day pass and we won ?

You know what .. we could do this. 

We need Baldrick with Lamps face saying “I have a cunning plan”

COYR 

Sith Happens
Just now, HantsRam said:

Anyone heard from b4?

Has he sung himself speechless or simply exploded with pride? ?

Hes in revolution in Leeds partying like its 1999

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

To be fair, for the first 40-45 mins I was struggling to think of anything positive to say about us, given how Leeds were so much better than us. 

That's not untrue, but what we did differently to the other times was instead of just watching and marveling at how superior they were to us, we got stuck in and showed a nasty streak. A lot of the hard graft in unsettling Leeds was put in in the first 45.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Yojimbo said:

:eye roll:

Yes you should shake your head too.

Stop focusing on negatives young man

We are at Wembley and Keogh is instrumental in that.

In my opinion of course 

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

To be fair, for the first 40-45 mins I was struggling to think of anything positive to say about us, given how Leeds were so much better than us. 

Really? I was exchanging messages with a Leeds fan and we both agreed that up to 20 minutes we were taking game to them. Agree that Leeds then had a good spell, but we broadly matched them.

Second half a different story - we destroyed them with our desire to win.

What a wonderful game and result. I still had more hope than I should have at 1-0 down as been 2 goals down in when we usually turn it on. The most worried I was was at 3-3 and Mason was off. Thought we might be done then, but the red card changed everything.

I thought the ref did well in a crazy game and didn't get much wrong

Dallas goal is onside, unless you think that VAR is the same as hawkeye in cricket. If goals like that get disallowed in the future, only to be replaced with more penalties like the Danny Rose vs City one, then football is screwed.

Should we start with Bennett and Marriott up front in the final. They looked awesome. They were both immense.

Maybe because we won but I think we can even thank Leeds to contributing to an epic game. They play some great stuff and I don't really hate their current players, except for Bamford. His face after the yellow card was wonderful. The realisation that no one is ever gonna believe him again. Money can't buy you love.

Lampard is a winner and it's contagious.

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Anyone still slagging him off on a regular basis should be loaded up in to a SpaceX rocket and fired in to the sun because I can only assume they lack the intelligence required to be anything other than a total drain on society.

If any of you are going through the night celebrating (and surely we all are) it just so happens SpaceX is launching 60 satellites on a rocket at 3.30 in the morning and you can watch it live on their website https://www.spacex.com/. It's actually the heaviest load ever launched by a Falcon 9 rocket, so it's touch and go whether there's room for any Keogh haters. Though surely there can't be many left after tonight?

Once done, the rocket will fly back to an autonomous spaceport drone ship in the Atlantic ocean called Of Course I Still Love You and land smoothly on it. Of course I will always love Derby County, but thanks to everyone (players, fans, Mel, Frank, Jody, etc) for this great night. One to remember. Brilliant for all of you who were there. Scored four at Elland Rd, hit the inside of the post twice, could well have had another penalty or two, conceded an offside goal and still won the tie. So brave. So very brave. Feel for Scotty Malone. Let's win the final for him.

Cloughy would have loved it!

Archived