Leeds United v Derby County play off semi final second leg

Slept on it thoughts 

Of course everyone was fantastic, but Mason Mount is going far in this game. I honestly believe the final will be won and lost with who performs better out of him and Grealish. 

Also, Johnson was immense. Leeds have some brilliant forward players especially Hernandez but in the second half he has isolated by Johnson.

Liam Cooper will have had a few nightmares about Marriott last night. From a player who completed the first leg with ease, Marriott didn’t simply try to win the headers but backed into him and made his life hell. He HAS to start the final, especially against who exceptional mobile Villa CH’s.

Our fans were exceptional, best they’ve been this season. There was almost a feeling that Leeds fans thought they’d won at 2-0. Smoke bombs going off etc. That goal before HT made them nervous, and they were there for the taking. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well that’s a first, I’m normally a miserable tsoser when I wake up, big smile on my face this morning. I get no satisfaction though from working with a Leeds fan who has been going on all season how great they are, and had great pleasure after the weekend telling me Derby have bottled it yet again, he predicted 5-0 last night. 

I get no satisfaction as he’s bottled it and called in sick ? I’ve got one hell of a headache and no voice myself ?

Meeting in around an hour, I best remember my sign language as my voice has turned full Frank Butcher.

The best 2nd half I have ever seen. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

Love you Frank Lampard <3

A remarkable night.

The time Bennett and Marriott were on the pitch together I thought they linked up brilliantly.

Pace and strength a good combination both to start for me at Wembley and keep the Diamond but the diamond from the second half trouble is there were 11 diamonds selection headache for Frank.

6 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Wilson has taken some stick and rightly so, but that young man has ice in his veins. 

The QPR penalty and then again tonight, wow!

Leeds watch everything remember... hence his penalty went the other way last night to the last few. 

watching zac efron GIF by Baywatch Movie

Now the dust has settled on last night I can reveal that my irrational superstitions can take some credit for our victory. My lad asked me where I was watching the match to which I replied 'Our best chance of getting anything out of the game is if I don't watch it.' So I went round to my partner's house. She hasn't got Sky. Did take a risk and listen to radio Derby though. 

You'll be delighted to hear that on play-off final day although I'm in London I'm on a bucket-list Thames side pub crawl. Arranged weeks ago with no consideration of the play-off final as I, along with a sizeable majority on here, had absolutely no anticipation of us being involved.

I'm now going to watch the entire match on catch-up. COYR

Exceptionally hungover this morning, still grinning though!

Leeds thought it was job done by the 40th minute, but the whole thing brought to mind the quote about the tennis player who finally beat Connors after years of trying: 

“Because nobody beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row.”

Feels like a lot of the team have got a special moment in their locker - Wilson, Marriott, Mount, Bogle, Holmes. Just gotta hope they find one or two in a couple of weeks  ?

1 minute ago, jed27 said:

Now the dust has settled on last night I can reveal that my irrational superstitions can take some credit for our victory. My lad asked me where I was watching the match to which I replied 'Our best chance of getting anything out of the game is if I don't watch it.' So I went round to my partner's house. She hasn't got Sky. Did take a risk and listen to radio Derby though. 

You'll be delighted to hear that on play-off final day although I'm in London I'm on a bucket-list Thames side pub crawl. Arranged weeks ago with no consideration of the play-off final as I, along with a sizeable majority on here, had absolutely no anticipation of us being involved.

I'm now going to watch the entire match on catch-up. COYR

I hid in a dark room at 1-0 last night as I couldn't take it. I'm taking plaudits.

Will the club do a send off for the players at PP? I know they did one before the WBA final. I just think that with all the emotion of last night, i just want to thank the side and help give them some up lift for the final. Would be great to celebrate the achievement with them. 

Derby dancing all over Elland road is the best thing ever, Even Ramage joined in!

Roos - excellent goalkeeping 

bogle - attacked at will

keogh - captain fantastic what a run and what a pass 

tomori- cheated by bamford again did well

malone - unlucky to miss the Wembley game

johnson - what can you say about someone who is out contract and performs like that

holmes - playing injured it seems

mount - rose to the occasion what a performance MOM for me

wilson - some fantastic touches and a great penalty 

lawrence - so much effort ( please do it every game)

Bennett - we simply don’t win that game without him up front 

subs 

marriott - hardly touched the ball but he did twice and being a sub today worked perfectly 

huddlestone - experience at the right time 

manager - time to be smug 

I have supported the Rams for nearly 50 years. For me last night was right up there with the great nights......the 4-1 Real Madrid win, 5-2 FA Cup win at Spuds and play off win v WBA. I didn't expect it at all, where did that performance come from? Just watching the highlights over and over again. What a game, what a night and what a win......incredible feeling...…..well done to everyone involved....

Has anyone got the positions our lads were supposedly playing last night? 

442 diamond sky were saying? 

GK + DEF easy

Johnson

Mount   Holmes

Lawrence

Wilson Bennett? 

or did we simply change to the diamond when Holmes went off and Marriott came on? 

Still not sunk in. Wow what a performance. I’m exhausted this morning, last night I went from hating football and what it does to me, to pure joy and uncontrollable delight. Everything about last night is so sweet. 

I love this football club ??

Last night was just a brilliant game of football.

Funny to note how some national journos are bring pretty quiet because their boy Bielsa has failed. Shame because even a neutral should be encouraged to watch it back 

13 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Has anyone got the positions our lads were supposedly playing last night? 

442 diamond sky were saying? 

GK + DEF easy

Johnson

Mount   Holmes

Lawrence

Wilson Bennett? 

or did we simply change to the diamond when Holmes went off and Marriott came on? 

Think formation was:

10  10  10  10

10  10  10  10

10  10  10  10

Archived