what exactly is wrong with some people?

Tamworthram

24 minutes ago, Saity said:

I think some people would still moan if we were in Man City's position because it is in there nature to be negative and find fault and if you are ever next to or near someone like that during a game it can drive you mad ( I remember a lad at wembley who was constantly berating the players when we were battering QPR and i asked him why did he bother coming  to football as it didn't seem to be making him particuarly happy ! lol ) and he didn't have an answer, football is an emotional game where winning and losing and having ups and downs is just life and you have to deal with it....

Yep! There are a few of these people around where I sit. One chap in particular is co instantly putting the players down and shouting abuse and telling them what they should be doing. 

But then when we score and win he celebrates and starts shouting that he knew they could do it and believes in them....  err thats not what you were saying 10 minutes ago ???

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, RamNut said:

Every thread is now riddled will all this rowlocks about who is happy, who is very happy and who isn't happy enough.

its a forum. 

They will be a spectrum of opinion.

get over it.

The most sensible post on here all week. 

Take a bow son.

19 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

What a profound and utterly ridiculous statement 

Agreed, I'm a positive poster, yet have an unbelievably sad personal life, which leads me to post on a football forum in the vain hope of acceptance in some form.

I'm thinking of joining various NFL teams forums and professing my undying love for them, before choosing the one which accepts me the warmest, inviting new found friends over to watch games in my jacuzzi, and finally  planning a visit over to the states to meet my new friends in person.

I'll be there, as soon as the probation service remove this tag from my ankle.

I just don’t understand why people post things like ‘Boro will be 6th’ a few minutes after the final whistle. I don’t get it. It leads me to wonder if they are indeed attention seeking, or just spoiling for a row. 

I’m actually not sure I want Derby to go up this season, but the trouble with that is I want us to win every single game we play. I’ve enjoyed this season, I’ve enjoyed watching some of the players, loved having Frank as our manager, seen some great goals etc. If we don’t get in the play-offs it wouldn’t remove all of those things. 

4 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I just don’t understand why people post things like ‘Boro will be 6th’ a few minutes after the final whistle. I don’t get it. It leads me to wonder if they are indeed attention seeking, or just spoiling for a row. 

I’m actually not sure I want Derby to go up this season, but the trouble with that is I want us to win every single game we play. I’ve enjoyed this season, I’ve enjoyed watching some of the players, loved having Frank as our manager, seen some great goals etc. If we don’t get in the play-offs it wouldn’t remove all of those things. 

We all enjoy it in different ways though.

I'm with you, it's been a good watch regardless of how it ends.

We've seen some loan players like Mount and Wilson do incredible things, and Tomori grow stronger literally week by week.

Sprinkle on top the progress of other signings like Holmes, Marriott in the first half of the season, Waggy in the second, and even Evans coming with a late charge as an emergency centre half, and it's been much more than par, imo.

We've seen a bit of Bird and Mitchell-Lawson in the first team, Bogle come from the 18's to a full season at 1st team level, again improving at a rapid rate of knots, and he has now reached the point he's a player of the month contender, and keeping a very decent full back in Wisdom out of the team all season long.

We've also seen the most consistent season so far from Captain Keogh, the emergence of Kelle Roos as a genuine  number 1 contender, and decent performances in the latter half of the season from Johnson, and recently Lawrence to boot.

Malone has been more than decent too.

You may think I'm missing someone out, but I'm saving my favourite to last.

Mason Bennett, take a bow!

Frank said very early on he loved him, I just thought he was giving a young lad a boost while he worked around the limitations of the squad he inherited.

More fool me, Mason has more than repaid the faith shown in him, from his assist on the first day to the best goal I've ever seen a Derby player score in person, he's been a big part of Frank's first season, in a way I thought was beyond him.

The season could end now, but it's been far from a failure in my eyes.

By and large I've really enjoyed this season. The cup games were a blast, beating Manure in their own back yard was was a great night, even losing to Chelski where we were the best team on the night. Sure, there's been some shambolic performances along the way but for entertainment, I'd take this season over pretty much any since 13/14. 

As it is, we're sitting pretty if we can put together another strong home performance. Hardly a sackcloth and ashes type scenario really but if folk want to dwell on the downside that's their prerogative.  I'd rather go into the season finale hoping we can put on a show than expecting us to go out with a whimper even if those hopes may ultimately be dashed on the jagged rocks of footy's cruel wheel of fortune.

The dream is what it's all about for me and while I do fear that Boro may beat Rotheram, I refuse to believe we are incapable of beating the Baggies, especially given the shoeing we gave them in their own backyard.

I also doubt they'll be as confident as some on here of our upcoming demise at their hands and that they may be rather more focused on their next game at Villa anyway, given they already made the play-offs. Guess we'll find out on the weekend!

14 hours ago, Shorty389 said:

But then when we score and win he celebrates and starts shouting that he knew they could do it and believes in them....  err thats not what you were saying 10 minutes ago

Sit next to Ramage do you?

16 hours ago, Saity said:

I think some people would still moan if we were in Man City's position because it is in there nature to be negative and find fault and if you are ever next to or near someone like that during a game it can drive you mad ( I remember a lad at wembley who was constantly berating the players when we were battering QPR and i asked him why did he bother coming  to football as it didn't seem to be making him particuarly happy ! lol ) and he didn't have an answer, football is an emotional game where winning and losing and having ups and downs is just life and you have to deal with it.....Look at Bolton Wanderers and see the mess they are in , they would swap places with us in an instant whether we make the play offs or not ....just having a club to support is there aim at the moment!!

Whether we beat WBA on sunday and make the play offs or fail to make the play offs I've enjoyed the football much more this season and we are still a work in progress with a manager in his first ever season at the helm and to be honest the jury is still probably out a bit on whether Frank has the tactical nous to become a top manager.

There has been some poor performances along the way too and what I have liked is the honesty in which Frank sees it as not good enough and I'm really hopeful that he's learnt a lot in his first season.

Some people are never happy even if we win or  if we play well and lose and as fans we all get a bit dissapointed at times but i like to think my glass is always half full .

I don't think we will be going up this season( and I'm not a negative person )  that is because I really don't think we are good enough or ready for it but i will still be 100% per cent cheering and singing my head off until the season is over as the time in between seasons can never go quick enough for me ......COYR

My brothers been a ST holder at Maine Rd and now Etihad for about 50 yrs, a sister travels up from Bristol when she can, they will both tell you there are plenty of moaners every home game Man City...... I’ll leave you to work out what it would take to make those folk happy. Just the 150 goals or thereabouts this season ??? Some people really really cannot appreciate entertainment! 

On 02/05/2019 at 12:42, BaaLocks said:

Well I Googled it to find out and I think it's fair to say I never would have guessed in a thousand years.

On 02/05/2019 at 12:51, Mick Brolly said:

good god Me neither 

I've seen it attributed to both Pope John Paul and carlo Ancelotti. 

Now there's 2 people not often mistaken for each other........?

5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I've seen it attributed to both Pope John Paul and carlo Ancelotti. 

Now there's 2 people not often mistaken for each other........?

To satisfy my inner pedant I have to point out it was 'the second' (John Paul, not Carlo Ancelloti)

Archived