what exactly is wrong with some people?

Tamworthram

On 02/05/2019 at 08:33, Tamworthram said:

Never mind the so called happy clappers, what's wrong with some people which causes them to be so negative at this stage in the season when we're sitting 6th with just one game to go? (bottled it, mid table team at best, don't deserve to go up etc)

I don't have rams tinted glasses on and can see that we do have many flaws. I'm not suggesting we'll win the play offs and then comfortably avoid relegation next season. What I am saying is, let's defer the inquest and condemnation until the fat lady has well and truly finished singing and left the stage. 

Let's enjoy (if that's the right word) the drama on Sunday, remain optimistic (albeit cautiously) and get behind the team. Sunday evening we can either celebrate progressing to the next stage or drowning our sorrows and consoling ourselves by looking forward to our summer holidays. 

I think it’s wrong for you to question or have a pop at people thinking like this and in all fairness I can see both sides to a point, our form has been so up and down that we never know what Derby are turning up.

an away draw at an in form Swansea doesn’t tell the true story either, we go 1 up and concede another shocking goal from a set piece, that’s the problem.

The disappointing thing is we shouldn’t be anywhere near drama tomorrow it should be wrapped up. I don’t see people as being negative I see it as being realistic based on what they’ve seen in the previous 40 odd games this season. 

For me we have been brilliant at times and I’ve had been entertained but on too many occasions in games I expected us to flourish in we have been poor. 

With the chances we have made for ourselves and the ones we have thrown away my personal opinion is that if we fail tomorrow it will be a disappointing season as I expected at least a play off place.

And before you come back at me, if we make it I truly believe we can go all the way purely on our mentality of scraping through and those above having had chances to make it automatically and failing.

Whatever happens tomorrow, I won’t ever boo my team, I will always applaud them off the pitch and I will always be back the next time for more.

Now Come on you Rams??

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

I think it’s wrong for you to question or have a pop at people thinking like this and in all fairness I can see both sides to a point, our form has been so up and down that we never know what Derby are turning up.

an away draw at an in form Swansea doesn’t tell the true story either, we go 1 up and concede another shocking goal from a set piece, that’s the problem.

The disappointing thing is we shouldn’t be anywhere near drama tomorrow it should be wrapped up. I don’t see people as being negative I see it as being realistic based on what they’ve seen in the previous 40 odd games this season. 

For me we have been brilliant at times and I’ve had been entertained but on too many occasions in games I expected us to flourish in we have been poor. 

With the chances we have made for ourselves and the ones we have thrown away my personal opinion is that if we fail tomorrow it will be a disappointing season as I expected at least a play off place.

And before you come back at me, if we make it I truly believe we can go all the way purely on our mentality of scraping through and those above having had chances to make it automatically and failing.

Whatever happens tomorrow, I won’t ever boo my team, I will always applaud them off the pitch and I will always be back the next time for more.

Now Come on you Rams??

I don't have a problem with people being pessimistic or critical (within reason). What annoyed me, and I thought inappropriate at this stage with everything still to play for, were comments like:

Bottled it (what exactly does than mean and was it fair after a decent point away at Swansea)

Don't deserve to go up if we can't beat teams like West Brom (as if they're a poor team we should be rolling over at a canter)

Middle table team at best (OK, we've had some poor performances but we're clearly a little better than just mid table otherwise we wouldn't still be in contention with one game to go.

I'm with you, I'll never  boo them and will stay to the bitter end to either celebrate reaching the play offs or recognising the team for what they have achieved.

Shaftesbury st... there's been a few of us saying this throughout the season, but we get attacked as wrist slashers, rather than as realists. There are, however, those who seem to delight in us not doing well, which is quite odd; maybe Forest supporters?!

For me the problem has been picking our best players, rather than our best team.

52 minutes ago, KCG said:

Shaftesbury st... there's been a few of us saying this throughout the season, but we get attacked as wrist slashers, rather than as realists. There are, however, those who seem to delight in us not doing well, which is quite odd; maybe Forest supporters?!

For me the problem has been picking our best players, rather than our best team.

@KCG it’s a shame it’s come down to the wrist slashers vs happy clappers and the forum being polarised at times. As a happy clapper myself I go into every game full of optimism and if we lose I’m down for a while but if we win I’m buzzin for a similar period and when the next game approaches the cycle goes again. What frustrates me about the naysayers\realists is that I just want the best for the team\club and fans (not saying they don’t but it’s hard to believe sometimes) so when the negativity\realism starts, whether we’ve won or lost, the comments disappoint me, touch a raw nerve and at times I can’t help but react. Perhaps both sides need to take a deep breath, go again and just get behind Frank & the team collectively to help get them over the line tomorrow. Perhaps that’s a tad wishful thinking I know as there’s always going to be dissenting voices but it would be nice to think it would happen if only for this one occasion. You never know we may start something special if we are all as one. COYR.

1 hour ago, KCG said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think the reality of this season is we’ve had to rely on Mount. The games he missed have cost us an automatic spot or at worst a more comfortable passage into the play offs. 

I cant call tomorrow because I just don’t know what Derby team will turn up, still can’t wait though. Derby fans should realise if we do it then we have a great chance because there will be some hangovers from the orger, especially Leeds 

Archived