what exactly is wrong with some people?

Tamworthram

Never mind the so called happy clappers, what's wrong with some people which causes them to be so negative at this stage in the season when we're sitting 6th with just one game to go? (bottled it, mid table team at best, don't deserve to go up etc)

I don't have rams tinted glasses on and can see that we do have many flaws. I'm not suggesting we'll win the play offs and then comfortably avoid relegation next season. What I am saying is, let's defer the inquest and condemnation until the fat lady has well and truly finished singing and left the stage. 

Let's enjoy (if that's the right word) the drama on Sunday, remain optimistic (albeit cautiously) and get behind the team. Sunday evening we can either celebrate progressing to the next stage or drowning our sorrows and consoling ourselves by looking forward to our summer holidays. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Never mind the so called happy clappers, what's wrong with some people which causes them to be so negative at this stage in the season when we're sitting 6th with just one game to go? (bottled it, mid table team at best, don't deserve to go up etc)

I don't have rams tinted glasses on and can see that we do have many flaws. I'm not suggesting we'll win the play offs and then comfortably avoid relegation next season. What I am saying is, let's defer the inquest and condemnation until the fat lady has well and truly finished singing and left the stage. 

Let's enjoy (if that's the right word) the drama on Sunday, remain optimistic (albeit cautiously) and get behind the team. Sunday evening we can either celebrate progressing to the next stage or drowning our sorrows and consoling ourselves by looking forward to our summer holidays. 

Probably the same posters who would never go near a match day thread if we win, unless its to tell us we didn't deserve to win.

I agree Sunday is massive now. An away draw at a very inform Swansea was not a bad result at all.

Cant wait.

Because Derby have a history of losing these type of games. If you are one of the more senior supporters (like me) lol who over the last 40 or 50 seasons have seen far more disappointments than highs, then you tend to err towards pessimism rather than optimism. 

5 minutes ago, superzak said:

Because Derby have a history of losing these type of games. If you are one of the more senior supporters (like me) lol who over the last 40 or 50 seasons have seen far more disappointments than highs, then you tend to err towards pessimism rather than optimism. 

Not entirely true. Been following us for well over 60 years but I’m the eternal optimist! I try not to be so as to cushion the blow when we fail, but I never quite manage it!?

7 minutes ago, superzak said:

Well just for once, get behind the bloody team.

Yes we might lose (and still go through) or we might draw (and still go through) or we might just win (to p i s s you off) 

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Hands up who would have taken 4 points from the last two away games. 

Yep me

13 minutes ago, superzak said:

Fair point and I've seen my fair share of disappointment since I bought my first season ticket back in the late 70's but I can't get my head around some folk who are overly critical and negative after a decent away point. 

37 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think it is a defence mechanism. If some people go negative and it all goes wrong they can say "I told you so" or they can feel less bad than if they build up their expectations to have them dashed if the inevitable happens.

I for one will remain totally positive until the final whistle. 

(If it helps, I even look forward to Mondays). - Who knows what life will bring!!!

I don’t care what happens Sunday, if we lose it’s been a fun season and we will have another year In this amazing league (including Barnsley away which is always good). 

If we win then great, the excitement of the playoffs and a potential day out at Wembley. I’d love to win but then not go up ? 

Just enjoy Sunday Rams fans, see you there and let’s lift the ducking roof off ????

Every thread is now riddled will all this rowlocks about who is happy, who is very happy and who isn't happy enough.

its a forum. 

They will be a spectrum of opinion.

get over it.

29 minutes ago, superzak said:

Does that make you say "we don't deserve to get into the play-offs" as some said last night ?? 

39 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I will always hope we win games and looking at the rest of the table I think we probably are the 6th best team in the league (if more consistent maybe better than that)

However - The squad we will be taking into next season is limited - After players out of contract have left and loans go back we're down to a tiny squad bolstered by a few youth players who haven't even featured much in the Championship - And right now Lampard can't recruit - We've seen that other teams have started their recruitment drives for the summer but we can't because we don't know what league we'll be in AND we need like 10 players

My big worry is - Squad not ready for a full season against Prem opposition - Everyone else will be 90% there with their signings by the time we know what league we're in - We end up having to sign Franks 4/5th choice for every position

I think the playoffs are a money-spinner for the football league and exciting for neutral fans, and for fans of teams like Blackpool who can have a season of glory - But realistically the team who finish 3rd are almost always going to be more equipped to deal with the league above and I don't think they do any favours to teams who want prolonged success and building to a sustained premier league experience

36 minutes ago, superzak said:

I've watched the Rams since 1979 and yes there have been only a few 'highs' during those years. For me, disappointments, real disappointments where we've been relegated or have struggled against relegation have also been few, so most seasons we've been bang average but as every season approaches I'm thinking "maybe this season will be a good one".

Pessimism before a ball is kicked in a new campaign probably says more about the individual than it does about our club.

46 minutes ago, superzak said:

We've bottled it in the last two games too, haven't we?

46 minutes ago, superzak said:

Sorry but we are no different than any other team. Did Liverpool bottle it last night? Did Man City bottle it against Tottenham? No! Every team has ups and downs, you just think we are special because you get to live it whilst others casually look on!

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

We have been very poor at times. Hesitant, lightweight, weak in the air, predictable, exasperating. And we still managed sixth with a game to go. It’s in our hands. I would never have dreamed three weeks ago that we’d have this type of chance.

We know this squad isn’t strong enough to go up. Yet in four games’ time they might just do it, giving us a summer of real excitement rather than the fire sale everyone has been expecting.

We can’t live life fearing the worst and focusing on negatives. There has to be love and hope to feel loss and disappointment.

But it should always be in that order.

Courage mes braves!

1 hour ago, superzak said:

1968 was my first match and I'm still optimistic. 

Archived