what exactly is wrong with some people?

Tamworthram

34 minutes ago, BOB BIGGS said:

My first game was in 1963. So much has happened  since, both good and bad. Once you’re hooked, there’s no way out. 

I can understand that some will have a half empty glass particularly if they missed most of the good bits. However, I think we’ve done really well to be where we are after 45 games. I didn’t expect us to be featuring this season.

So, let’s enjoy it and see what happens. I fear a second pair of underpants may be in order with 5 minutes to go...?

On the first highlight, you should see this as an ideal opportunity to fill that glass up and get going again.

On the second highlight - Are we to assume your pants will be half full or half empty?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Can't remember who said it but, 'football is the most important of life's unimportant things

Well I Googled it to find out and I think it's fair to say I never would have guessed in a thousand years.

just all you fans , positive or negative , give everyything you have to support the boys on Sunday , then at the final whistle , and only then , you can have your inquests , discuss rights and wrongs , this is a huge game and everyone needs to pull together to get us over the line , Derby fans are some of the most loyal in the country , from noe until matchday lets prove it

You know what - every year someone says watch the team finishing sixth, they will hit form at the right time, come into in with confidence and playing well. 

I watched last night thinking blimey, that team is us. 

I think we'll do it. Seen enough in the last few games to feel good.

But even if we don't, it's not the end of the world and we can't exactly say we've been robbed.

For that reason, whatever happens I'll stay behind for the walkround because on the whole, they deserve it.

1 hour ago, BOB BIGGS said:

My first game was in 1963. So much has happened  since, both good and bad. Once you’re hooked, there’s no way out. 

I can understand that some will have a half empty glass particularly if they missed most of the good bits. However, I think we’ve done really well to be where we are after 45 games. I didn’t expect us to be featuring this season.

So, let’s enjoy it and see what happens. I fear a second pair of underpants may be in order with 5 minutes to go...?

He who dares wins - time to go Commando ! 

4 hours ago, FindernRam said:

We'll be fine if we don't give away any corners or free kicks in our half. 

You need a comma after the word "corners", otherwise some to55er will make a sarcastic comment about giving away corners in the opposition's half.

4 hours ago, superzak said:

Because Derby have a history of losing these type of games. If you are one of the more senior supporters (like me) lol who over the last 40 or 50 seasons have seen far more disappointments than highs, then you tend to err towards pessimism rather than optimism. 

Ahhhhhh but those highs Zak. Amazing huh. Worth all the pain.

42 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

You need a comma after the word "corners", otherwise some to55er will make a sarcastic comment about giving away corners in the opposition's half.

Apparently punctuation (and spelin) is so last generation!

I don't consider myself either a hugely negative or hugely positive poster, but it is noticeable that some of the more positive posters do love to deride people that are less confident than themselves. On the forum, even saying you'd rather play vs Rotherham than WBA (not an unpopular opinion) is considered to be ''baseless negativity''.

I would understand it more about not wanting negativity in the ground, but it's a forum. Not everyone thinks the same. I dislike the hissy fits some posters throw when somebody dares to post something that could be construed as negative.

3 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

For that reason, whatever happens I'll stay behind for the walkround because on the whole, they deserve it.

Me too.  On the whole, when you consider how (not where!) we finished last season, this has been genuinely exciting and certainly beyond my expectations.   There's a sens we are heading in the right direction and as long as we hang onto FL, next season will continue the progress, whichever division we are in.  The buzz is well and truly back!

I thought that we would be in this sort of position, circa 6th place,I dont think we will get promoted but hope it happens. I think whatever happens its been a positive season and I have enjoyed a lot of the football we have played. The players have played proper football and the fans have cheered it. The atmosphere in the stadium is the best I have known for a long while.

Happy with the way things are going under Frank.

6 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Well I Googled it to find out and I think it's fair to say I never would have guessed in a thousand years.

Didn’t the person who said it use to be a reasonably good keeper until he changed profession?

13 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

Didn’t the person who said it use to be a reasonably good keeper until he changed profession?

Luciano Pavarotti? No, Carlo Ancellotti. I always get those two mixed up.

I think some people would still moan if we were in Man City's position because it is in there nature to be negative and find fault and if you are ever next to or near someone like that during a game it can drive you mad ( I remember a lad at wembley who was constantly berating the players when we were battering QPR and i asked him why did he bother coming  to football as it didn't seem to be making him particuarly happy ! lol ) and he didn't have an answer, football is an emotional game where winning and losing and having ups and downs is just life and you have to deal with it.....Look at Bolton Wanderers and see the mess they are in , they would swap places with us in an instant whether we make the play offs or not ....just having a club to support is there aim at the moment!!

Whether we beat WBA on sunday and make the play offs or fail to make the play offs I've enjoyed the football much more this season and we are still a work in progress with a manager in his first ever season at the helm and to be honest the jury is still probably out a bit on whether Frank has the tactical nous to become a top manager.

There has been some poor performances along the way too and what I have liked is the honesty in which Frank sees it as not good enough and I'm really hopeful that he's learnt a lot in his first season.

Some people are never happy even if we win or  if we play well and lose and as fans we all get a bit dissapointed at times but i like to think my glass is always half full .

I don't think we will be going up this season( and I'm not a negative person )  that is because I really don't think we are good enough or ready for it but i will still be 100% per cent cheering and singing my head off until the season is over as the time in between seasons can never go quick enough for me ......COYR

Archived