what exactly is wrong with some people?

Tamworthram

42 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Every thread is now riddled will all this rowlocks about who is happy, who is very happy and who isn't happy enough.

its a forum. 

They will be a spectrum of opinion.

get over it.

This pretty much.

It would be a boring world to live in if we weren't all different. 

"Noble Nigel's" I think it was. Just let people get on with it. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Love this idea where some feel they have the right to tell others what sort of a fan they should be.

It's actually a bit rich to say that you've got it right and everyone has to be your sort of fan.

I agree that no one has the right to tell people how to be, to behave or to think.

But the word ‘fan’ is short for fanatic. Someone ‘enthusiastically devoted’ to someone or something.

Does that imply pessimism to you?

14 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I agree that no one has the right to tell people how to be, to behave or to think.

But the word ‘fan’ is short for fanatic. Someone ‘enthusiastically devoted’ to someone or something.

Does that imply pessimism to you?

Depends on your language - interesting fact for the day coming up, prepare to be QI style amazed. In Russian the word for 'to support' is the same as 'to be ill' so you actually say 'I am ill for Dinamo Moscow'.

When did it become normal to label people whose opinion you disagree with as having something wrong with them?

I'm not even calling out the OP, here. Debate in this country in general, especially online, has become so distorted. 

I don't agree with the majority of posters at the moment; in regards to the team, to the manager, etc. But that's their opinion. I respect each and every poster for it and, part of the reason forums like this are so great, is that you get to read and learn other people's points of view. In return, you expect the same from the people you're debating with. I don't think it's appropriate or acceptable to label people you disagree with "wrist slashers" or start a whole thread about how there must be something "wrong" with them. I'm disappointed the original post got so many likes and claps, but again, it's systemic of the current state of things.

There's nothing wrong with people who are half glass empty, just as there is nothing wrong with people whose glass is half full.

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

When did it become normal to label people whose opinion you disagree with as having something wrong with them?

I'm not even calling out the OP, here. Debate in this country in general, especially online, has become so distorted. 

I don't agree with the majority of posters at the moment; in regards to the team, to the manager, etc. But that's their opinion. I respect each and every poster for it and, part of the reason forums like this are so great, is that you get to read and learn other people's points of view. In return, you expect the same from the people you're debating with. I don't think it's appropriate or acceptable to label people you disagree with "wrist slashers" or start a whole thread about how there must be something "wrong" with them. I'm disappointed the original post got so many likes and claps, but again, it's systemic of the current state of things.

There's nothing wrong with people who are half glass empty, just as there is nothing wrong with people whose glass is half full.

But we agree it is not full right !!

Didn't have the chance to listen to the game last night so kept up to date via Twitter.  During the first half we were the best club in the world, Super Frank was gonna lead us to glory & Keogh was the greatest captain we've had since Dave McKay.  Come the equaliser we were a bunch of bottle jobs, Lampard was so naive, Keogh's a crock, and sky was about to fall in.  Just goes to show how fickle and reactionary supporters are.

I for one wouldn't mind if we were to go up or not.  A lot wheeler dealing and new players will be required either way.

1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

Kin hell ,wouldn't like to be in the trenches with some of our lot though.

Dude - You think other people are negative yet you equate being a Derby fan to being at war? And a particularly brutal war at that... 

?

23 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

There is inherently a difference, however,  between reasonable assessment of our current situation, saying that you don’t rate the manager or whatever (half empty) and saying ‘we’ve bottled it’, ‘we’re mid table at best’ (the posts which the OP was referencing), assessments which are excessively pessimistic for no real substantiated reason. if someone came on here saying we’re top 2 quality or something, which is excessively optimistic and not true by any measure, they’d get called out by some for it, too.

Think the overreaching point is just be positive on Sunday and support the team, pessimistic or optimistic. As the OP referenced, we all know we have flaws, but as long as we have less than West Brom on Sunday, then we’ll finish in the playoffs, a good result for the season. A positive, supportive atmosphere for the game will help that to happen, and I’m sure obviously that you and every other fan will be willing the team on.

Can't remember who said it but, 'football is the most important of life's unimportant things' 

One day we'll die, and our memories will instantly disappear as if they never existed. Life's too short to be miserable about a game of football. I choose to be optimistic.

My first game was in 1963. So much has happened  since, both good and bad. Once you’re hooked, there’s no way out. 

I can understand that some will have a half empty glass particularly if they missed most of the good bits. However, I think we’ve done really well to be where we are after 45 games. I didn’t expect us to be featuring this season.

So, let’s enjoy it and see what happens. I fear a second pair of underpants may be in order with 5 minutes to go...?

29 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Whatever happens I’m backing the Team 

Could be tense though also looking for how others are doing also 

Why look for how others are doing? Support the team until the final whistle and then check the scores, that way there will be no groans if results are going against us.

At the beginning of the season i had a vision..Frank being interviewed on the pitch at Wembley, with the opening question "Its easy this management lark isn`t it"  as Frank laughs whilst being covered with champagne after squeezing through the final 2-1... v Villa

I even booked the Premier in on the Sunday night way back in Sept...(free cancellation obviously)

Do i think it will happen? May be not. But i have enjoyed the season mostly. i think Frank has found it a lot tougher than he imagined but hes on a steep learning curve. He has blended our own youth and experience with some great loan players as we know. Is there any reason why he cant replace those with similar next season?  Our youngsters will be stronger and his know how will be enhanced. I cant wait whichever division we are in.

For a first season its as good as we could have expected if we think rationally. Last game and its all going to the wire...

3 hours ago, superzak said:

Because Derby have a history of losing these type of games. If you are one of the more senior supporters (like me) lol who over the last 40 or 50 seasons have seen far more disappointments than highs, then you tend to err towards pessimism rather than optimism. 

True. But we hadn't made it to 6th spot with a young relatively new team and a brand new manager.

I think we have done extremely well this sseason under Frank and we have everything to go out there and play for. Let's get behind the boys and show them we believe in them! 

I think we have done incredibly well to get where we are today - win or whatever come Sunday - as season is built on 40 odd games

Credit to MM, the board and the management team - players for their efforts - on my travels. - the Rams support has been great

For a FL rookie season. - with some very abject players in our squad - we have done really well

Give FL the chance to reshape the squad come the summer - and more youth in the squad

We've  had some great performances in both cups - we finish 6th, 7th or 8th - Im proud to be a Ram

As a transitional season under a novice manager, I think that the season has been a success. I thought, before a ball had been kicked, that top half would be acceptable, and that 8th-10th would be about the best that we could expect under the circumstances. A win on Sunday and we will be in the playoffs. No expectations from me as far as the game is concerned - if we win, then great, and we have another couple of games - at least - to look forward to. If we don't, well, it's cricket season, and the weather forecast is for it to warm up in a week or so.

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

Depends on your language - interesting fact for the day coming up, prepare to be QI style amazed. In Russian the word for 'to support' is the same as 'to be ill' so you actually say 'I am ill for Dinamo Moscow'.

That is sick.

Go figure ?

Archived