Race for the Play Offs

Anyone else thinking that what happened between Leeds and Villa could disrupt Leeds’ dressing room. Being told to let the other team score and cost them automatic promotion. I believe their could be a few Leeds players who may resent shields now. The play offs are unpredictable and it will be interesting to see what happens to them now.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Warwick Ram said:

Anyone else thinking that what happened between Leeds and Villa could disrupt Leeds’ dressing room. Being told to let the other team score and cost them automatic promotion. I believe their could be a few Leeds players who may resent shields now. The play offs are unpredictable and it will be interesting to see what happens to them now.

It didn’t cost them automatic promotion, had they won 1-0 they still would be 3 points behind Sheff Utd needing to overturn a 12 goal difference. 

With Sheff Utd playing Stoke in the last game there’s not a chance they would have conceded, so Leeds would have had to beat Ipswich 13-0 and hope United didn’t score. I know Ipswich are bad but they are not that bad.

So so happy to see Leeds screw up automatic promotion. Their fans are some of the most obnoxious arrogant bankers on the face of the earth and I can’t wait to see them duck up the playoffs now. They are so full of misplaced arrogance their fans sing about being champions of Europe having been well beaten in a Euro Cup Final 44 years ago! Bamford is exactly the kind of player that sums them up - I hope he gets a ban for his behaviour today or failing that someone snaps him in two during the playoffs.

Did I mention that I hate Leeds? ?

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I can't imagine Leeds leaving Ipswich without at least a point but, if they do slip up, West Brom could still grab 3rd place thus avoiding Villa in the semi. So the baggies might have something to play for when they could to PP.

If we could get the job done at Swansea, it would be interesting to go into the last game with the potential for a Leeds v Villa semi-final in the air after today's scenes...remote possibility of course.

2 hours ago, Jayram said:

So so happy to see Leeds screw up automatic promotion. Their fans are some of the most obnoxious arrogant bankers on the face of the earth and I can’t wait to see them duck up the playoffs now. They are so full of misplaced arrogance their fans sing about being champions of Europe having been well beaten in a Euro Cup Final 44 years ago! Bamford is exactly the kind of player that sums them up - I hope he gets a ban for his behaviour today or failing that someone snaps him in two during the playoffs.

Did I mention that I hate Leeds? ?

I completely agree, i deffo despise Leeds more than Forest ... definetly my most hated club.

Cant stand the bar stewards.

3 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

If Bolton face a penalty for refusing to play this weekend, and probably next weekend, will this benefit us. I remember of talk before when they thought about striking that we could get the points for our loss their this year ?

It depends on what action the league take. If Bolton get kicked out of the league for refusing to fulfill their fixtures, then their results would be wiped off and we would get effectively a 3 point boost. I don't know what the league will do though, because it's a situation with no real precedent, so they could just award wins to Brentford and Forest or something like that.

1 hour ago, JfR said:

It depends on what action the league take. If Bolton get kicked out of the league for refusing to fulfill their fixtures, then their results would be wiped off and we would get effectively a 3 point boost. I don't know what the league will do though, because it's a situation with no real precedent, so they could just award wins to Brentford and Forest or something like that.

Sky reporting that Bolton are hoping to play Brentford on Weds.  Don't know if that is still dependent on the players being paid, or if they have backed down.

3 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Sky reporting that Bolton are hoping to play Brentford on Weds.  Don't know if that is still dependent on the players being paid, or if they have backed down.

I think if the first teamers still refuse to play, then the young uns will play instead. They couldn't play on Saturday, because they had played on Thursday. 

9 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I think if the first teamers still refuse to play, then the young uns will play instead. They couldn't play on Saturday, because they had played on Thursday. 

Yep Bolton have to put together a team whether they are from the first team squad or younger squads... potential easy 3 points for brentford! 

Archived