Race for the Play Offs

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Freeman.

Bryson and Ward - although neither actually played a game in the prem having achieved promotion.

Bamford.

Brayford.

Lingard.

Ibe.

Butland.

Keane.

Butland
CHristie Keane Shackell Moxey
Ibe Hughes Hendrick Lingard
        Vydra  Bamford

Subs: Grant, Coutts, Ince, Brayford, Bryson, Freeman, Ward

Not too shabby. Apart from left-back!

24 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Hmmm 2-1 to the worzels in the end. Millwall missed a pen at 1-0. We beat Swansea and it's over regardless of tonight..COYR 

Oh come on.

Make it interesting on Sunday FFS and lose to Swansea.

Please..

23 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Butland
CHristie Keane Shackell Moxey
Ibe Hughes Hendrick Lingard
        Vydra  Bamford

Subs: Grant, Coutts, Ince, Brayford, Bryson, Freeman, Ward

Not too shabby. Apart from left-back!

Excellent work, therealHR

6 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Bristol City winning tonight gives them a glimmer of hope. Huge game tomorrow. 

Doesn't make it anymore important than it already was, we still just need 1 more win unless we get thrashed in one of our games or if Boro win by around 6 goals. They have very little hope as I think Boro will beat Rotherham but probably only 1-0 or 2-1.  I reckon we will tomorrow and on sunday to go in the playoffs on the back of 4 straight wins, then beat Leeds over two legs and then duck knows what next. 

6 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Doesn't make it anymore important than it already was, we still just need 1 more win unless we get thrashed in one of our games or if Boro win by around 6 goals. They have very little hope as I think Boro will beat Rotherham but probably only 1-0 or 2-1.  I reckon we will tomorrow and on sunday to go in the playoffs on the back of 4 straight wins, then beat Leeds over two legs and then duck knows what next. 

Swansea haven’t lost at home since Boxing Day. Draw doesn’t really do owt for us. I’m worried! 

4 minutes ago, Gut_Reaction said:

Ohh my congratulations on Saturday were a wee bit premature. Swans in good form. Could be an interesting Sunday. Pressure is  definitely on ?

Pressure was on last Saturday and we didn't do too badly then

46 minutes ago, Gut_Reaction said:

Ohh my congratulations on Saturday were a wee bit premature. Swans in good form. Could be an interesting Sunday. Pressure is  definitely on ?

It is, but no more than it was yesterday. You've got to assume 'boro will out-shithouse Rotherham, but not by a rugby score, so Derby need three points. Boro need us to fail, and you still need the minor miracle. Fair play though, at 1-0 down and a peno to face you had a nail in the coffin lid. Well done for keeping it alive.

Thing that gives me hope is that Swansea have absolutely nothing to play for. Hopefully their mind is already on the beach.

I hope that Brentford game doesn't end up costing us. To lose the lead 3 times in 90 minutes is almost unforgivable.

56 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Swansea haven’t lost at home since Boxing Day. Draw doesn’t really do owt for us. I’m worried! 

A draw helps. It means even if we lost on Sunday we'd still be in the playoffs unless either Brizzle or Boro won their last game. Lose tomorrow and Sunday, and Boro could overtake us with a draw. 

So it's not perfect but it's clearly better than a defeat. Win and we're there. While I hope we win tomorrow night, we've got to realize Derby never do anything the easy way so I fully expect it to come down to a tense final day at Pride Park, needing the victory to be certain. 

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

I used to watch him for u23s and could not understand how he could not get in the first team.

Time to list Rams players who made it to the Premiership since we got relegated. 

Hughes, Hendrick, Christie,, Grant, Coutts, Ince., Vyxra, Shackell........ 

Can we make a promoted 11?

I thought Coutts was really underrated when you watch his game closely he’s a very good player who rarely gives the ball away I still thought we should’ve kept him ??

1 hour ago, Gut_Reaction said:

Not really. We had to win a game of the two anyway as Boro will win on the weekend, this doesn't change anything for us.

37 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

A draw helps. It means even if we lost on Sunday we'd still be in the playoffs unless either Brizzle or Boro won their last game. Lose tomorrow and Sunday, and Boro could overtake us with a draw. 

So it's not perfect but it's clearly better than a defeat. Win and we're there. While I hope we win tomorrow night, we've got to realize Derby never do anything the easy way so I fully expect it to come down to a tense final day at Pride Park, needing the victory to be certain. 

That’s true, although I can’t see Boro not winning at relegated Boro. Hull is tough for Bristol. 

Hopefully this is all irrelevant anyway! 

Archived