Race for the Play Offs

49 minutes ago, Gil said:

Thing that gives me hope is that Swansea have absolutely nothing to play for. Hopefully their mind is already on the beach.

I hope that Brentford game doesn't end up costing us. To lose the lead 3 times in 90 minutes is almost unforgivable.

Keoghs  reaction, on top of everyone else’s at Bristol, was immense. If someone wants it he does. 

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whereas on Saturday we played very well for most of the game, tonight we were bad until the penalty save.

Controlled the game with no threat in the first half and found ourselves 1-0 down.

Penalty save seemed to give the players belief and changed the game.

Was worth missing my brother's birthday to go though.

9 hours ago, Saity said:

I thought Coutts was really underrated when you watch his game closely he’s a very good player who rarely gives the ball away I still thought we should’ve kept him ??

Would thrive as the workhorse/tidy player next to Mount in our side. 

I’m sure about 3 months ago it looked like we had the easiest run in of all the teams in the mix.

how did it suddenly come to pass that our last 3 games are by far the most difficult of the 3 teams remaining in the mix?

just a thought that flashed through my mind. 

I guess we were suppose to trounce teams in February and March meaning these last 3 would be more of a formality. 

2 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I’m sure about 3 months ago it looked like we had the easiest run in of all the teams in the mix.

how did it suddenly come to pass that our last 3 games are by far the most difficult of the 3 teams remaining in the mix?

I guess we were suppose to trounce teams in February and March meaning these last 3 would be more of a formality. 

Wouldn't be Derby County unless we did it this way.

29 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Presumably because we made such a horlicks of the supposed "easier" fixtures.

Could have been home and hosed by now, but aren't. Hey ho. I'm off to @Inverurie Rams "We're all rams together " thread for a few  choruses.......?

Final odds for 6th spot (Bet365)

Derby - 1/4

Boro - 10/3

Bristol City - 14/1 

Sounds a bit short on Derby but when you look at the odds that they have for us, Boro and Bristol to win, it makes sense. 

Later SkyBet will have a *to not reach the top 6* market, if anyone fancies a cover bet. Not the right thing to do betting against your team but I have done it before! 

I know there's an argument that West Brom might be "fighting for 3rd" when they play us on Sunday, but being as all they would likely get for doing that is 2 games of Pulisball, I don't think it's much worth fighting for, especially as they're yet to beat them this season and took 4 points off Villa

11 minutes ago, JfR said:

I know there's an argument that West Brom might be "fighting for 3rd" when they play us on Sunday, but being as all they would likely get for doing that is 2 games of Pulisball, I don't think it's much worth fighting for, especially as they're yet to beat them this season and took 4 points off Villa

Also, they’ve got the conundrum, do we go for it and hope that Leeds somehow manage to loose against Ipswich (not very likely), or do we rest / protect some of our key players in readiness for the play offs. 

I’m sure most fans would opt for momentum, play your best team in every match etc. 

But whereas we’ll be really going for it, needing a win. If they get wind of a Leeds goal, they won’t really have their heart in it. That might go for us. 

10 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Also, they’ve got the conundrum, do we go for it and hope that Leeds somehow manage to loose against Ipswich (not very likely), or do we rest / protect some of our key players in readiness for the play offs. 

I’m sure most fans would opt for momentum, play your best team in every match etc. 

But whereas we’ll be really going for it, needing a win. If they get wind of a Leeds goal, they won’t really have their heart in it. That might go for us. 

Hopefully our George can give his former employers a call and then the risks of playing key players before the play offs ?

We are in a nice position I think, if we win on Sunday we have as good a chance as anyone to get to Wembley and get promoted. If we lose then it probably shows we weren’t quite ready for that final push but we have had a pretty good season with a rookie management who will have experienced nearly every twist and turn the championship has to offer, so I think we will have a pretty decent base for next season. To put it another way, I wouldn’t consider it an under achievement if we didn’t quite make it. 

Its honestly win-win for me, at least I can say I was thoroughly entertained this season which is much more than I could say under Rowett.

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

We are in a nice position I think, if we win on Sunday we have as good a chance as anyone to get to Wembley and get promoted. If we lose then it probably shows we weren’t quite ready for that final push but we have had a pretty good season with a rookie management who will have experienced nearly every twist and turn the championship has to offer, so I think we will have a pretty decent base for next season. To put it another way, I wouldn’t consider it an under achievement if we didn’t quite make it. 

Its honestly win-win for me, at least I can say I was thoroughly entertained this season which is much more than I could say under Rowett.

I like your optimism and for sure anything can happen.

BUT, Villa and Leeds have both not only beaten us twice comfortably but accrued more points, so not sure what your lovely confidence is built upon.

3 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I like your optimism and for sure anything can happen.

BUT, Villa and Leeds have both not only beaten us twice comfortably but accrued more points, so not sure what your lovely confidence is built upon.

I think we are a much stronger set up than when we last played both sides. Frank, Morris et al are making positive impacts during games, we look more balanced as a side and the players are picking up a decent bit of form individually and the whole squad. Also Leeds have lost their nerve this second half of the season and if we are playing Villa in a one off you never know. We have weaknesses, as shown tonight, but we are there on merit.

Im not really being optimistic, my expectation is that Boro will get 6th, but if we get 6th then I don’t think we have any reason to fear it.

Just enjoy the ride.

Archived