Jack Marriott

i-Ram

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

Can't see where Frank is going with this one- Jack is the best finisher at the club.  Therefore I can't understand why you would leave a goal scorer out all together to be honest.

Can understand the concern but in all fairness Marriott has not featured the last two games and we’ve scored 9 goals

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Simsy said:

Can't see where Frank is going with this one- Jack is the best finisher at the club.  Therefore I can't understand why you would leave a goal scorer out all together to be honest.

Well if it makes them hungry and a point to prove then so be it.

its also happened to a lot of our players this season 

I don't understand the big issue, he might have picked up a small knock in training? We have another busy week. Give him the Saturday off and let him know he's got a part to play in the week or at the weekend. We have a big squad, USE IT!

it's clear he hasn't been at his best for a while, a fully fit Jack Marriott is in the match day squad!

1 minute ago, JoeDerby said:

I don't understand the big issue, he might have picked up a small knock in training? We have another busy week. Give him the Saturday off and let him know he's got a part to play in the week or at the weekend. We have a big squad, USE IT!

it's clear he hasn't been at his best for a while, a fully fit Jack Marriott is in the match day squad!

a few uncorroborated rumours have been reported as facts on here and have subsequently been shown to be wrong.  I think I will wait to see what happens

5 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Tactical decisions maybe?

Marriott plays his best football facing the goal, slipping in behind the defence - Waghorn and Bennett both have the capacity to play with their back to goal a little more - So if you know a defence plays a particularly deep line and/or has particularly quick/mobile CBs then you might want to prioritise players who are stronger with back to goal?

I really like your post ?? … You surely have a certain team and set of subs designed to play in a certain way; but that is bound to be influenced by what the opposition is like and tweaked accordingly. Anyway, I bet a pound to a penny Jack has had a minor knock, but even those need to heal -  playing with them although possible, takes that last 5% off your performance .. and that last 5% is what makes Jack such a dangerous whippet

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Can understand the concern but in all fairness Marriott has not featured the last two games and we’ve scored 9 goals

Well we scored 6 against a very poor side.  Yes we attacked well against Brentford but no striker scored. I can't help but think the way that game went a marriott would have made it 4.    Jack can score goals so should always be an option at least from bench.

15 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Well we scored 6 against a very poor side.  Yes we attacked well against Brentford but no striker scored. I can't help but think the way that game went a marriott would have made it 4.    Jack can score goals so should always be an option at least from bench.

Or it’s poss we could have conceded 4 too?

3 hours ago, Simsy said:

But you are referring to performances months ago - he hasn't looked good since he came back from injury. However he won 't have lost his skill and needs to be reintroduced at some point. We have been scoring goals without him.

But this questioning of team selection from fans who are essentially ignorant of exactly what has happened is naive. If Frank has had a bust up with Marriott he wouldn't make it public.

Three possibilities:

1) Jack's carrying a niggle

2) His absence is a tactical decision

3) He's pissed off management and is on the naughty step

How about we just wait to find out which of three it is (or perhaps there's some other left field reason) before we lament Frank's lack of acumen. The guy's forgotten more about the game than any on here can claim to know. We're scoring for fun at the moment anyway so if anything needs tweaking, it's the defence. 

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Three possibilities:

1) Jack's carrying a niggle

2) His absence is a tactical decision

3) He's pissed off management and is on the naughty step

How about we just wait to find out which of three it is (or perhaps there's some other left field reason) before we lament Frank's lack of acumen. The guy's forgotten more about the game than any on here can claim to know. We're scoring for fun at the moment anyway so if anything needs tweaking, it's the defence. 

If it's 1) then why wouldn't you just say that when asked in a press conference? If it's 2) then it's up there with Rowett dropping Vydra in the run-in last season. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Honestly, most of the second of the season Marriott hasn't looked too impressive. Quite often his control is off, if Frank prefers to use Waghorn and Nugent I'm okay with that.

Marriott has scored 10 goals, including goals against premier league sides. He has struggled since Mount got injured, the same as our whole team.

Marriott being selected over Nugent is criminal, unless there is something else.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

If it's 1) then why wouldn't you just say that when asked in a press conference? If it's 2) then it's up there with Rowett dropping Vydra in the run-in last season. 

And if it's neither, you're whining over nothing 

Archived