Jack Marriott

i-Ram

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Madness, not on the bench again. Sure he wasn’t in the best of form before but he wasn’t terrible either. No way Bryson or Nugent deserve to be in the squad instead of him, no way.

What's madness is your assumption Bryson plays INSTEAD of Marriott. Give your head a wobble or confirm your ITK slant that it's a tactical decision. 

If we win tonight and put on a good performance I'll look out for your acknowledge thereof! 

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing that ever bothers me about this type of thing (where we can safely say it isn’t an injury... or else FL would've presumably said so) is that it suggests some discontent within the club. Might only be the one player, but it is suggestive of there being ‘issues’ and such things don’t often end well for the club (unless we sell him for very silly money, but even then it would be a case of ‘what might have been’ from a playing perspective).  Still, that is just speculation on my part and he might have the aforementioned niggle and still be in love with the club, staff and fans - which is how it should be.  

Jack had a period of stunning form, but most recently he has been disappointing. I would have still thought he was worth a place on the bench as an option, particularly as Nugent has hardly been scoring for fun.  All a bit discombobulating really.... (but I don’t consider this to be whining, just a bit of concern over squad harmony and suchlike).

13 minutes ago, 86 points said:

What's madness is your assumption Bryson plays INSTEAD of Marriott. Give your head a wobble or confirm your ITK slant that it's a tactical decision. 

If we win tonight and put on a good performance I'll look out for your acknowledge thereof! 

Because people are saying that Marriott doesn’t deserve to be on the squad because other players have outperformed him, whilst Bryson and Nugent are in the squad despite being rubbish all season long

5 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Well same old poo how nugent is on the bench is beyond me if Marriott doesnt deserves a place then nor does nugent! Mitchell-lawson should be there or cresswell well done lampard another 3 points thrown away ?

I would also blame the 11 players on the pitch, we had enough out there to win, the players also have to take some responsibility, they do get paid well, you never know which Derby will turn up, think we have a lot to do now to get into the top 6,  at least 4 wins required, think our away performance have let us down this year. Should beat Bolton on Saturday though, so at least I will enjoy my weekend.

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

I would also blame the 11 players on the pitch, we had enough out there to win, the players also have to take some responsibility, they do get paid well, you never know which Derby will turn up, think we have a lot to do now to get into the top 6,  at least 4 wins required, think our away performance have let us down this year. Should beat Bolton on Saturday though, so at least I will enjoy my weekend.

I would say 9 others- keogh and bogle 100% again iv given bogle alot of stick this season but he has done himself proud today well done lad! 

2 hours ago, 86 points said:

What happens now? I admire your optimism but even surely you must admit that it’s ridiculous how Marriott has been dropped completely?

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

What happens now? I admire your optimism but even surely you must admit that it’s ridiculous how Marriott has been dropped completely?

I don't know whether it is or it isn't and neither do you. That's the point I've labouring to get you to take onboard. We'll know soon enough no doubt and I'll make an informed call in it when we do.

Archived