Jack Marriott

i-Ram

Poor decision by Lampard to leave him out.

Made all the poorer when Waghorn got injured. If you don't see Nugent as a suitable replacement upfront (which he clearly didn't because he brught Mason on), then why have him on the bench? And why leave JM out? 

Another naive error.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Poor decision by Lampard to leave him out.

Made all the poorer when Waghorn got injured. If you don't see Nugent as a suitable replacement upfront (which he clearly didn't because he brught Mason on), then why have him on the bench? And why leave JM out? 

Another naive error.

Wasn’t injured as fl said so ,  perhaps he is not doing enough on the training ground to earn and keep his place coupled with the fact he has not been great when playing lately ,, if that’s the case I’m happy enough with that ,we have had too long without the ethos of earning your slot in the team and look where that got us

JM is one of the best strikers at the club and scored plenty this season and loads last season.

This wasnt tactical if it was then FL is insane. Something has gone on which is why he was a bit blunt abd irritated when asked the question imo.

When Jack arrived last summer, it wasn't just that he was greeted as the messiah - he even looked like Jesus.

MarriottAnnouncement%20BANNER.jpg

Now no way was Frank having that. He was frequently heard to mutter around the training ground, "I'm bigger than Jesus don't you know." Confirmed by the Brentford fans yesterday who all claimed FL is full of himself.

Hence we saw Jack miss out on the team in the early weeks. Then what Super Frankie Lampard insisted was that, before Jack had a run in the team he needed to cut his hair. This Jesus thing had to end. Jack complied, but like Samson his hair has slowly been growing back - growing long again. His messianic power to trump even Lampard's superstardom is returning. When Frank saw him about to step onto the team bus; when Frank's eyes met the Nazarene glance of the humble boy bought from Peterborough, enough was enough. Lampard could not and would not be overshadowed again, and told Jack he would not travel with the team.

34 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well he had Bennett and Nugent on the bench.

I wouldn't say Marriott necessarily offers more coming off the bench than either of those two. 

Wow I’d say my 3 legged jack Russell offers more than those two, and Marriott certainly does,  but it’s a game of opinions I guess. 

Let's go for a safer option...maybe Jack asked for the day off, he filled in his annual leave form, booked the 6th April off and spent the day in rhyl.

Frank being the excellent perfect human he is said "why of course Jack, get yourself yo Rhyl and have an absolutely teefa tremendous time, Nuge can fill your place with all his running and goals, bring us back some rock"

Does that work better?

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Leaving Marriott out was a stupid decision. If it was truly a tactical decision then I would ask Lampard to sit down with me for 5 minutes to talk to talk tactics.

This is a wind up? I really hope so even if I am slow to get it.

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Leaving Marriott out was a stupid decision. If it was truly a tactical decision then I would ask Lampard to sit down with me for 5 minutes to talk to talk tactics.

Poss the tactic was to give Marriott idea that he has to earn his place through performance and attitude in games and training? So maybe tactical? If so would you rather lampard told us outright in the media that he wasn’t putting enough in ,,, Bradley j has been a revelation since earning his place back

9 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Maybe the fact the goals have dried up, he has looked a bit out of sorts and the results haven't been great means Frank thinks someone better at hold-up play is preferable in the starting 11. He isn't an impact sub in the Bennett mould, isn't great in the air either..so doesnt offer a massive option from the bench.. no massive problem with it.  That said, Nugent doesnt either!  

Think its worth a question and answer though. Is he injured, is he getting a break...seen as not a good option as others. 

I guess it would have been simple for Frank to tell the media that the player was injured if that was the case. Maybe he isn't doing the business in training. Hope it gets sorted, as it's another player that we paid good money for, now out of the squad. 

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Let's go for a safer option...maybe Jack asked for the day off, he filled in his annual leave form, booked the 6th April off and spent the day in rhyl.

Frank being the excellent perfect human he is said "why of course Jack, get yourself yo Rhyl and have an absolutely teefa tremendous time, Nuge can fill your place with all his running and goals, bring us back some rock"

Does that work better?

Don't be daft. Who'd spend their day off in Rhyl? 

34 minutes ago, KCG said:

Never see much point in these type of topics. Is it like a competition to see who can come up with the best made-up story?

Yet here you are ?

Thanks for letting us know the thread's of no interest to you though. Always handy  to know. 

Archived