Game of Thrones Season 8

DarkFruitsRam7

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I agree with you in that certain characters’s arcs seemed to have been completed, suggesting that they’re about to die.

I’m leaning towards Brienne dying, but I wouldn’t rule out her surviving and Jaime dying instead. I reckon one of them will die in the other’s arms and will subsequently be brought back as a wight.

I’m pretty sure Beric is toast.

I’m 50/50 on Jorah. Surely Sam’s family sword will return to him somehow. Jorah doesn’t seem to have much left to do though after regaining his honour.

It would be good for the Hound to die an honourable death to signal the redemption of his character. I’d imagine they’re saving him for Cleganebowl though, as was hinted at last season. Whether or not the Hound remains a vengeful person is difficult to tell.

I’d bet my house on Theon dying defending a Stark. It will be sad but it will signal the end of another outstanding character arc.

I’m not sure Davos will be in the thick of it enough to die. 50/50 again.

I think Gendry will live because Arya might need him to prevent her from losing her humanity. I wouldn’t say she’s 100% safe in this though.

I can see Tormund dying as well. I love him but I don’t see where else his character can go. The same goes for Edd.

Brienne got what she always wanted. Her story has come to its natural end. Jaime will stick around to kill of Cersei, I reckon.

Beric isn't getting resurrected 20 times, and Jorah has finally gained redemption in his house (made up with the cousin and got that sword). He'll do what he's always promised to do, and die to save Dany.

Of the list I gave the only one I can see maybe surviving is the Hound. Think he might end up killing the Mountain.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is going to kill the night king ? ( if indeed he gets done .. I mean maybe he ends up on the throne ) 

Dani or John on a dragon ?

Samwell 

The Hound

Brienne with her last breath 

Jamie .. no please not him 

the list of possibilities is lengthy, I just hope it’s an out of left field .. wow we didn’t think of that one 

45 minutes ago, jono said:

Who is going to kill the night king ? ( if indeed he gets done .. I mean maybe he ends up on the throne ) 

Dani or John on a dragon ?

Samwell 

The Hound

Brienne with her last breath 

Jamie .. no please not him 

the list of possibilities is lengthy, I just hope it’s an out of left field .. wow we didn’t think of that one 

Someone at King’s Landing?

5 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The actress is listed in the cast list on Wikipedia. Not that that proves anything.

Can't imagine where she fits in but if she didn't have a role they could have killed her off when Jon showed up at Dragonstone 

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Can't imagine where she fits in but if she didn't have a role they could have killed her off when Jon showed up at Dragonstone 

Don't forget she has to die at Winterfell, (her words)

I'm thinking that the Night King might just take half his army

and head South to Kings Landing, that would mean we wont get

the long awaited scene with Jon or is it Aegon thou, so.... also don't

forget we've still got Ghost and Nimeria, they can rip a few WWs to pieces

5 hours ago, DesertRam said:

Don't forget she has to die at Winterfell, (her words)

I'm thinking that the Night King might just take half his army

and head South to Kings Landing, that would mean we wont get

the long awaited scene with Jon or is it Aegon thou, so.... also don't

forget we've still got Ghost and Nimeria, they can rip a few WWs to pieces

Didn’t she say she has to die in this strange land, presumably meaning somewhere in Westeros. 

Looking forward to seeing the fire wolves in action. Apparently they have got some decent screentime coming up. 

As someone who tells stories for a living, the hardest thing is to watch or read other people's stories and still have them surprise me. The Battle of Winterfell surprised me. Finally, after nothing happening for the first two episodes, this was magnificent and reminded us all why Game of Thrones is such an amazing show. 

Spoilers alert...............….

There were so many occasions last night where I thought "that's Jamie dead then" or "that's the end of the hound" etc etc and in the end...almost all of them survived....to be honest, the battle was amazing, truly amazing, I had struggle sleeping as it pretty much turned into a gore horror movie at the end....but I was left disappointed about the amount of the main characters that ended up surviving....much like the Avengers End Game.!

The dragons were amazing...but the witch lighting up the swords could possibly be the best bit of tele ever!!!

Not a huge GoT fan myself but have seen all the episodes with my wife, just watched ep.3 over lunch and gotta say I'm a bit underwhelmed.  Without going to deep into the realm of SPOILERS (but there will be some so STOP READING NOW!)  we've been told winter is coming for 7 seasons, then one battle and its all over, move onto Cersei.  At least Thanos killed 50% of everything in Infinity Wars!  Ol' blue eyes went down a bit to easy imo and almost all of the key characters are still standing.

Maybe I need to watch it again, read the books or have someone explain it to me better.

That aside, visually it was stunning and there will no doubt be some repercussions leading up to the season finale.

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Not a huge GoT fan myself but have seen all the episodes with my wife, just watched ep.3 over lunch and gotta say I'm a bit underwhelmed.  Without going to deep into the realm of SPOILERS (but there will be some so STOP READING NOW!)  we've been told winter is coming for 7 seasons, then one battle and its all over, move onto Cersei.  At least Thanos killed 50% of everything in Infinity Wars!  Ol' blue eyes went down a bit to easy imo and almost all of the key characters are still standing.

That’s exactly what I thought. 

Archived