Game of Thrones Season 8

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why have they lined up the army OUTSIDE the castle walls? They’ve got dragon glass in the arrows & spears plus 2 dragons. No need to risk the soldiers when they can hit them from behind the walls. Jon Snow is no Hannibal Barca it seems! They all deserve to die! #teamnightking

On 23/03/2019 at 21:16, David said:

I'm well aware not everything on TV is real, I have just finished watching The Good Place on Netflix.

You don't need to be boring to recognise that Game of Thrones is a overhyped mess of a show that I will find throughly entertaining when the ending is not what you all want. 

I gave it 2 or 3 seasons, saw the Joffrey guy killed, the little guy get on that boat and could take no more. And this is from someone that sat and watched all of Prison Break to the end despite how terrible it was.

I get it's seen as "cool" to like it though and to be in with the groovy gang at school you need to be upto date, so I'll leave you to your quest for acceptance.

Nooooo David .. I read all the books before the TV show even started. It’s not about being in the cool gang !

It’s about sex, power, violence, politics, swords, magic and dragons for heavens sake. It’s escapism and a sense of wonder

Bit like Pride Park on a Saturday really 

and as for prison break ... yawn a mile, unless you really love tattoos 

On 22/04/2019 at 21:40, TigerTedd said:

I was thinking, this is being billed as a forgone conclusion. The living are massive underdogs.

the dead have 3 major advantages over the living. An undead dragon, undead warriors that will take a kicking, but keep on ticking, and numbers.  

But the living have two dragons, and the dead only have one. Dragons are like westerosi nukes. The night Kung could use his dragon to take out a big target, but he and his army will be immediately ducked by the other two dragons. Like we could fire a nuke at Russia, and it would cause some damage, but it wouldn’t end well for us. 

And pretty much everyone in the army of the living is armed with dragon glass. So it negates the undeadness of the dead. They get hit by pretty much any weapon in play, and they’re done just like any living opponent would be.

they have numbers, but it’s been said that danearys has brought the biggest army Westeros has ever seen. The undead are very unskilled fighters, they just charge in a frenzy. Pretty much every man in the wrong of the living is probably worth 10 of the dead when armed with dragon glass. 

I know they’re trying to ramp up the stakes. But when you think about it, it’s not as perilous as they make it seem. 

Or maybe when I see the full scale of the army of the dead next week, I’ll realise I’ve misjudged how important the numbers game is. 

My concern tactically is that when one of the living dies he ends up being one of them. So to prevent recruitment we’ll need to behead our own dead. It’s crocodiles and draining the swamp.

I’m also wondering if Cerci will turn up, save the day and want her reward/rehabilitation

It's going to be spine chilling when one of the main characters joins the army of the dead. I predict bright blue eyed Brienne to kill off Jaime. 

Felt wrong watching Arya. She's not changed much since season 1!! 

42 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's going to be spine chilling when one of the main characters joins the army of the dead. I predict bright blue eyed Brienne to kill off Jaime. 

Felt wrong watching Arya. She's not changed much since season 1!! 

Not you as well Alpha, jeez, I didn't have you down as one to fall for this tripe, I will never be able to look at your rant posts the same way again.

18 minutes ago, David said:

Not you as well Alpha, jeez, I didn't have you down as one to fall for this tripe, I will never be able to look at your rant posts the same way again.

You like NFL and afternoon naps (and fishing, right?). I’m not surprised you dislike something with a bit of life about it.

Just now, BurtonRam7 said:

You like NFL and afternoon naps (and fishing, right?). I’m not surprised you dislike something with a bit of life about it.

Dare you to say Gavin and Stacey is brilliant again in public, or that you used to have "me time" in the toilets at Pride Park!

3 minutes ago, David said:

Dare you to say Gavin and Stacey is brilliant again in public, or that you used to have "me time" in the toilets at Pride Park!

Gavin and Stacey is iconic amongst my generation.

*Hillsborough. Once. A low moment of my teenage life. How the duck has that made it into this thread?

2 hours ago, David said:

It's good telly. If you watch it expecting it to be the best thing ever then you will be disappointed. But if you watch it expecting it to be alright then it's the best thing ever. 

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's good telly. If you watch it expecting it to be the best thing ever then you will be disappointed. But if you watch it expecting it to be alright then it's the best thing ever. 

Probably where I went wrong, think season 3 had just finished when I embarked on the GoT journey after all the hype, once I had caught up realised I had better things to do so started to organise my sock drawer into hex colours

2 minutes ago, David said:

Probably where I went wrong, think season 3 had just finished when I embarked on the GoT journey after all the hype, once I had caught up realised I had better things to do so started to organise my sock drawer into hex colours

Yeah the hype probably ruined it for anyone joining in expected huge set piece drama every episode. 

2 hours ago, David said:

I achieve a similar experience to GOT by following the Viz Top Tips and watching the Lord of the Rings Trilogy whilst flipping to Babestation for 5 minutes every half an hour or so.......?

Writers kill off (liked) characters by tieing up their story arcs in neat, little bows.

On that logic, say goodbye to:

- Brienne

- Beric Dondarrion

- Jorrah Mormont

- The Hound

- Theon

- Ser Davos Seaworth

...and possibly Gendry, too. He's done his half of the job of "uniting the Houses of Stark and Baratheon"...

26 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Writers kill off (liked) characters by tieing up their story arcs in neat, little bows.

- Brienne

- Beric Dondarrion

- Jorrah Mormont

- The Hound

- Theon

- Ser Davos Seaworth

...and possibly Gendry, too. He's done his half of the job of "uniting the Houses of Stark and Baratheon"...

Think you’re right though I still think the Hound has another date with destiny. 

22 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

- Brienne

- Beric Dondarrion

- Jorrah Mormont

- The Hound

- Theon

- Ser Davos Seaworth

I agree with you in that certain characters’s arcs seemed to have been completed, suggesting that they’re about to die.

I’m leaning towards Brienne dying, but I wouldn’t rule out her surviving and Jaime dying instead. I reckon one of them will die in the other’s arms and will subsequently be brought back as a wight.

I’m pretty sure Beric is toast.

I’m 50/50 on Jorah. Surely Sam’s family sword will return to him somehow. Jorah doesn’t seem to have much left to do though after regaining his honour.

It would be good for the Hound to die an honourable death to signal the redemption of his character. I’d imagine they’re saving him for Cleganebowl though, as was hinted at last season. Whether or not the Hound remains a vengeful person is difficult to tell.

I’d bet my house on Theon dying defending a Stark. It will be sad but it will signal the end of another outstanding character arc.

I’m not sure Davos will be in the thick of it enough to die. 50/50 again.

I think Gendry will live because Arya might need him to prevent her from losing her humanity. I wouldn’t say she’s 100% safe in this though.

I can see Tormund dying as well. I love him but I don’t see where else his character can go. The same goes for Edd.

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 04:32, BurtonRam7 said:

Gavin and Stacey is iconic amongst my generation.

*Hillsborough. Once. A low moment of my teenage life. How the duck has that made it into this thread?

Gavin and Stacey is absolutely fantastic.... Not a patch on Phoenix nights though.

Archived