Game of Thrones Season 8

DarkFruitsRam7

4 minutes ago, richinspain said:

But if he is still alive why in the moment of his death did all the zombies that he had brought back to life die as well? If it was another character in his place surely the zombies wouldn't have died as well?

They’re playing possum 

D69EB54F-01A6-4D60-8B39-10A811597218.jpeg

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Steve Bloomer's Washing said:

This is why I didn't get the reference on Twitter then, was tempted to give a like just because of the effort involved, but now I know it's from Game of Thrones I'm glad I opted against it. 

That was a very good episode. I’m not happy with the way they treated Ghost, and I thought the Jaime-Brienne story was a little odd, but the episode as a whole felt like a return to old-school Game of Thrones. Character driven narratives and shock deaths that come out of nowhere. Great stuff. I also think they’re working the ‘Daenerys = Mad Queen’ angle well.

4 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

That was a very good episode. I’m not happy with the way they treated Ghost, and I thought the Jaime-Brienne story was a little odd, but the episode as a whole felt like a return to old-school Game of Thrones. Character driven narratives and shock deaths that come out of nowhere. Great stuff. I also think they’re working the ‘Daenerys = Mad Queen’ angle well.

For all they’re saying Jon would make a better king, you know in that last scene he wouldn’t have marched angrily away, he would’ve just charged like a one man army. 

Nobody’s perfect. 

11 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Shock deaths? The only person that died may as well have been wearing a red shirt with a target painted on their forehead after all the talk of running away together in the last episode.

I'm calling it now - Varys to kill Daenerys, Jaime Lannister to kill Cersei and then they will melt the Iron Throne down and all live happily ever after.

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Shock deaths? The only person that died may as well have been wearing a red shirt with a target painted on their forehead after all the talk of running away together in the last episode.

SPOILERS BELOW

Did you honestly see Rhaegal's death coming? The way it came out of nowhere was brilliant. And I partially agree about Missandei but you could be forgiven for thinking she'd be safe for at least this episode after surviving the Battle of Winterfell.

MORE SPOILERS BELOW PROBABLY ( @David - can't we get a spoiler tag or something for the forum? Some forums I've been on had a sort of drop down box, which you specifically had to click on to see what was written inside. The rest of the post would be visible as normal.)

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

SPOILERS BELOW

Did you honestly see Rhaegal's death coming? The way it came out of nowhere was brilliant. And I partially agree about Missandei but you could be forgiven for thinking she'd be safe for at least this episode after surviving the Battle of Winterfell.

Yes I did. Obviously you can't predict the exact moment, but they've built the dragons up so much to be unstoppable killing machines when it comes to human armies and repeated again and again that they are the major advantage that Daenerys has over Cersei. Multiple times in this episode alone they state that the armies are roughly equal now, but Daenerys will win because of her dragons. I love GoT, but they are a bit of a one trick pony now in their "surprises" - build something up to be the big hope for the heroes and then oops nope its dead. I expect the other one to be dead before the end as well. 

17 minutes ago, GenBr said:

MORE SPOILERS BELOW PROBABLY ( @David - can't we get a spoiler tag or something for the forum? Some forums I've been on had a sort of drop down box, which you specifically had to click on to see what was written inside. The rest of the post would be visible as normal.)

Yes I did. Obviously you can't predict the exact moment, but they've built the dragons up so much to be unstoppable killing machines when it comes to human armies and repeated again and again that they are the major advantage that Daenerys has over Cersei. Multiple times in this episode alone they state that the armies are roughly equal now, but Daenerys will win because of her dragons. I love GoT, but they are a bit of a one trick pony now in their "surprises" - build something up to be the big hope for the heroes and then oops nope its dead. I expect the other one to be dead before the end as well. 

Fair enough. I’m with you on the spoiler box thing too - I have thought about requesting it before.

3 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Fair enough. I’m with you on the spoiler box thing too - I have thought about requesting it before.

We could use it in match day threads, for people who are watching on a streaming delay.

6 hours ago, GenBr said:

Yeah but they're now at a stage where people expect everyone to die and so they can't do surprises like the red wedding. They can only mess with the timing. 

I mean they could kill off Jon and have Sam head south to avenge his death, killingl the mountain in an epic sword fight. But that wouldn't wash either. 

I think every character has been given a good and bad ending. Take Grey Worm, The Hound and Arya. I can see any of those killing The Mountain. But I can also see The Mountain killing 2 of the 3. 

I can see Dany becoming a villain and Jon living happily ever after. But also I can see "typical Thrones" and Jon getting killed off again. 

The surprise factor has gone. But I still don't think its predictable. Only in the sense that you can predict that 1 of 4 teams will win the play offs and there will be goals and controversy.

At the start of the season I couldn't see Dany becoming a villain. I didn't expect the Night King to die already. But neither we shocking either. 

It's as wide open as any story I've read or watched. 

5 hours ago, DesertRam said:

Sorry guys - never thought about spoilers   ?

Opening up this thread and not expecting spoilers would be like opening the club website after a game to watch the full 90 minutes and not expecting to see the result.

Archived