Game of Thrones Season 8

DarkFruitsRam7

Who else is getting excited? I'm on Season 5 Episode 8 of my rewatch. Can't wait for the 14th/15th April now.

Oh, and boring people like @David, who can't comprehend the fact that not everything on television has to be real, shouldn't waste their time on this thread. Go to the handegg thread if you have to.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Who else is getting excited? I'm on Season 5 Episode 8 of my rewatch. Can't wait for the 14th/15th April now.

Oh, and boring people like @David, who can't comprehend the fact that not everything on television has to be real, shouldn't waste their time on this thread. Go to the handegg thread if you have to.

Yep, can’t wait. Not done a total rewatch, but just finished the last season in about 2 days. Very excited. And avengers endgame in the same month. And my birthday. And I’m going on holiday. I might explode. I bloody love April. 

I'm well aware not everything on TV is real, I have just finished watching The Good Place on Netflix.

You don't need to be boring to recognise that Game of Thrones is a overhyped mess of a show that I will find throughly entertaining when the ending is not what you all want. 

I gave it 2 or 3 seasons, saw the Joffrey guy killed, the little guy get on that boat and could take no more. And this is from someone that sat and watched all of Prison Break to the end despite how terrible it was.

I get it's seen as "cool" to like it though and to be in with the groovy gang at school you need to be upto date, so I'll leave you to your quest for acceptance.

14 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I hope it's better than the last series. And if they end up with some stupid republic rather than someone winning I'll flip.

I thought the last series was brilliant. Yes, they chucked any semblance of time away; yes, were wasn't anywhere near enough Ghost (direwolves > dragons) and yes, they shied away from killing off the mid but I thought the whole spectacle was unbelievable. It was completely batshit crazy and I loved every second of it. The death of Littlefinger was beautifully satisfying as well. I hated that rick.

Cannot wait for the John-Arya reunion. And I'd rather Brienne get with Tormund than Jaime tbh. 

Any predictions?

20 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Never seen a single episode of game of thrones... just haven’t ever got round to it or there’s something else I’d rather watch, if is on the list to watch at some point though 

Smash through 3 episodes a day before Season 8. It will be worth it.

Smash through 3 episodes a day before Season 8. It will be worth it.

Game of thrones is the reason I see a silver lining to Alzheimer’s. One day I’ll be old and get Alzheimer’s, and then I can watch game of thrones from the beginning, and be shocked and surprised all over again. 

For clarity: Alzheimer’s is terrible,  it I’m a glass half full kind of guy. 

11 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I thought the last series was brilliant. Yes, they chucked any semblance of time away; yes, were wasn't anywhere near enough Ghost (direwolves > dragons) and yes, they shied away from killing off the mid but I thought the whole spectacle was unbelievable. It was completely batshit crazy and I loved every second of it. The death of Littlefinger was beautifully satisfying as well. I hated that rick.

Cannot wait for the John-Arya reunion. And I'd rather Brienne get with Tormund than Jaime tbh. 

Any predictions?

I thought it was dumbed down in  number of ways. It was a few spectacle but that's notes GOT is great.

Unfortunately my predictions are that he republic I spoke of will happen.  I've also been saying for a while I think the books will finish differently but who knows when well get the answer to that?

4 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I've also been saying for a while I think the books will finish differently but who knows when well get the answer to that?

I highly doubt that they will ever be finished, I'm afraid. It's a shame because I read the books before watching the series and I'm intrigued as to how Martin plans/planned to use Stannis, Mance, Lady Stoneheart, etc. To be honest, I imagine that the overall endings would be broadly similar but that they would be reached by different routes.

34 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I highly doubt that they will ever be finished, I'm afraid. It's a shame because I read the books before watching the series and I'm intrigued as to how Martin plans/planned to use Stannis, Mance, Lady Stoneheart, etc. To be honest, I imagine that the overall endings would be broadly similar but that they would be reached by different routes.

I hope he doesfinish them. Id imagine there will be more than one fan of the books since the early 90s who will find out how it ends from somebody telling them what happens in a telly show they don't watch. Martin needs to crack on.

15 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I hope he doesfinish them. Id imagine there will be more than one fan of the books since the early 90s who will find out how it ends from somebody telling them what happens in a telly show they don't watch. Martin needs to crack on.

Every single major aspect of the books was ruined for me by people who watched the TV series first. Ned's fate, the Red Wedding, the Purple Wedding, etc. 

That's why I hope that, if he ever finishes them, it will play out very differently.

Every single major aspect of the books was ruined for me by people who watched the TV series first. Ned's fate, the Red Wedding, the Purple Wedding, etc. 

That's why I hope that, if he ever finishes them, it will play out very differently.

I actually spolitvit all for myself. Love a good spoiler. I kept watching the first episodes and gettingvibteresred by a particular character, usually someone obscure, so I’d read the wiki about them. Then I kept reading about something called the red wedding, like ‘wonder what that is, seems to be important’. Then I thought ‘I wonder how rob gets in his battles’, then I found out what the red wedding was. I’m like ‘no, no, la la la, I’m not listening, I didn’t read that.’

still really ducking effected me when I saw it, and when I read about it properly in the books. Gets me every time, I don’t think spoilers necessarily lessen the impact. 

13 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Any predictions?

The dragons will wipe each other out, at least half of the main players will die, the ones you want to die won't, less sex, more battles (they have stated tha a whole episode is one long battle), the end will upset Americans because it won't be neatly 'wrapped up'.

On 23/03/2019 at 21:55, BurtonRam7 said:

Any predictions?

Can you imagine; after the magnificent story and multiple plots, the final scene is Bran waking up as a child after he'd been pushed from the tower and Ned Stark walks in.... It was all a dream ?

On 23/03/2019 at 19:37, BurtonRam7 said:

Are you trying to tell me that 'A game of thrones' is not real?

Last series/season was a disappointment. Not enough peril for the characters and incredibly rushed storylines when the beauty of the early episodes was the slow buildup, rewarding your patience.

Of course Martin will never finish the books so this is the best people will have. And it's still great. I'm loving the trailer.

Predictions? It has to end at King's Landing. Or maybe back on Dragonstone. That means the army of the dead will take Winterfell, the Twins and everywhere else en route south, their numbers swelling as they go. I'd love Jaime and Cersei to kill each other. She can't let him abandon her to fight for Jon Snow. He can't let her stand in the way of the living against the dead. And of course they still love each other passionately. Perhaps they'll do it while shagging? Or is this post becoming too much like fan fiction?

I hope a lot of the heroes die off through the series, though of course they may now come back. It would be the best ending to a TV show in history if the Night King ends it all sitting on the Iron Throne, just when it looks as though Jon and Dany can overcome him. But sadly I don't expect that to happen. But it would be fun.

"I will fight for the living". #ForTheThrone.

Archived