Game of Thrones Season 8

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was dark. I also had to find the brightness under settings on my TV and turn it up too. A real inconvenience and I don't think I'll tune in again. I was farting about through menus for what felt like several seconds. 

8 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I'm pretty sure you have better things to do than troll a thread about something you don't watch.

Exactly. Which is why I’m not trolling. I haven’t written articles for all of those media outlets, nor have I taken over Matt Lucas Twitter account either.

7 minutes ago, David said:

Exactly. Which is why I’m not trolling. I haven’t written articles for all of those media outlets, nor have I taken over Matt Lucas Twitter account either.

But you have come on here to try to move the discussion away from the series and on to you. Some of us liked this week's episode, some didn't. Why is what happened no longer the topic of discussion? Because you came on here and changed the topic to what you wanted. Childish.

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

But you have come on here to try to move the discussion away from the series and on to you. Some of us liked this week's episode, some didn't. Why is what happened no longer the topic of discussion? Because you came on here and changed the topic to what you wanted. Childish.

I came on because I saw the outcry on Twitter, as with all forums several lines of discussion can take place within topics.

I made a single post which asked: "Anyone forget to turn the brightness up on their TV?"

Spanish replied "Admit it, you watched it didn't you?"

My response was as I have said "Nope, just saw backlash on Twitter" (Which I have!)

Next BurtonRam7 replies to me "Hardly a backlash."

So I then fetch links which were not hard to find due to the backlash, and you want to call me a troll and now childish. Sorry but no, if you can't handle criticism of the show and want to stick your fingers in your ears that's fine, but you can't just shout troll. 

For what it's worth I see Alpha also made a post about it being dark, and if you look outside of this little bubble it IS a huge talking point right now like it or not.

It was too dark on my computer. So I switched to a TV with the lights off, , after persuading my other half to watch it, and bam, could see everything.

13 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I can’t see Cersei and her hired, elephantless army being half as threatening as the undead hordes and a dragon. 

On this, worth noting that her army doesn't need to be half as threatening. Doesn't need to be a quarter as threatening. The north folk have basically no army left.

But I also suspect there's still a twist or two to come in the narrative anyway. 

I'm glad we've drawn a line under the Night King and the Whitewalkers, to some degree. I've enjoyed the spectacle of the high fantasy in the show but it's not what made the show great. The dialogue and politics are really what the show was built on. I'm hopeful, but not expectant, we might be able to get back to some of that in the last 3 episodes.

If it's just battles that all the important people survive, then they pair off, marry and live happily ever after then I'll be really disappointed in the show as a whole. 

58 minutes ago, David said:

I came on because I saw the outcry on Twitter, as with all forums several lines of discussion can take place within topics.

I made a single post which asked: "Anyone forget to turn the brightness up on their TV?"

Spanish replied "Admit it, you watched it didn't you?"

My response was as I have said "Nope, just saw backlash on Twitter" (Which I have!)

Next BurtonRam7 replies to me "Hardly a backlash."

So I then fetch links which were not hard to find due to the backlash, and you want to call me a troll and now childish. Sorry but no, if you can't handle criticism of the show and want to stick your fingers in your ears that's fine, but you can't just shout troll. 

For what it's worth I see Alpha also made a post about it being dark, and if you look outside of this little bubble it IS a huge talking point right now like it or not.

It was me who asked if you'd seen it as a joke because I know it's not your cup of tea. Sorry I've got you into a discussion/argument.

1 hour ago, David said:

So I then fetch links which were not hard to find due to the backlash

For actual show watchers though, it’s hardly a ‘huge talking point’. Far more are talking about the content of the episode and not about how dark it was. I still don’t see it as ‘backlash’, which has been reserved by many for the decision to kill a major villain so early in the series. It’s more of a light-hearted dig.

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

For actual show watchers though, it’s hardly a ‘huge talking point’.

If that's what you think, believe what you want. I can see otherwise, but won't stay around to discuss it as apparently it's trolling. 

A lot of people criticise the show because it gets attention. To watch the show is cool. To watch it and dislike it is even cooler. The only thing that isn't trendy is to have not seen it at all

Not saying that to you David. Just the Twitter and Facebook clan. The articles, the blogs etc.

Fans of the show would have just turned the brightness up and spent the episode worrying about characters they like getting battered. 

Critics would have spent the show looking for poor dialogue or dodgy special effects. I don't get why but if you want to find faults then there will be stuff. 

I think the biggest fans of the show will have been onboard for years. They didn't expect anything from it and have just been absorbed. 

Those that joined in later because they heard the fan hype are expecting more from it. Some are going to be disappointed that the pace drops off here and there. 

Kinda get the criticism of the Night King and his world ending army getting deleted in one episode. But the Night King has only ever been one story out of many. The show could only go one of two ways. Either the living v the dead finale or the battle for the throne finale. We invested so heavily in the living characters that imagine if last night Cersei had died and the Throne was won. Then we'd be heading to a more predictable finale where the living eventually win. 

I was slightly surprised that more characters didn't die and I expected the main cast to retreat and the dead to march south. 

For the Arya dagger drop move though... I'd forgive them. That was a great moment watching her jump out the shadows, the "oh no" when he catches her and then the kill... wicked!! 

I think maybe Lord Of The Rings has 2 better set piece battles but it doesn't have the characters that you stress about. 

Archived