Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

I work in London among Chelsea supporters. There is a strong rumour circulating that Chelsea will sack Mauricio Sarri regardless of the Europa Cup result . Apparently they want to appoint Frank Lampard and Jodie Morris to bring on their young players during the impending transfer ban.Sorry to put a dampener on proceedings but it is a genuine rumour.

Aren't all rumours genuine? I can start one by saying Frank is going to Forest (ridiculous I know) - as soon as I tell my next door neighbour it becomes a rumour.

It's not a new rumour either. It's been around for several weeks. I very much doubt it will happen, Frank knows that while he has done wonders for us at Derby, he needs a bit more time as a manager before going somewhere as big as Chelsea....

Just now, MuespachRam said:

It is a fact that Frank was offered the Chelsea job last year, he will definitely take it at some point. I guess we will see what sort of man he is when we win on Monday. 

citation needed.

I can't understand why Chelsea would appoint him now. They were third in the Premier League, losing Carabao Cup finalists and are in the Europa Cup final. I would imagine they will give Sarri a further season and see how Lampard progresses. I would imagine he would have to secure promotion and keep us up to stand a chance of the Chelsea job.

I'd prefer it if we didn't even discuss it on the forum.

Small rumours have been built up in the past by fans to a stage that reporters ask the question to the manager. This then escalates completely out of control.

I think we should do everything in our power for Frank not to be asked that question before Monday.

It might not deter it, but i'd rather we ignore it on here.

Archived