Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparantly Franks birthday on Thusday .   Latest Chelsea fan musings -

That would be something, the welcome video should be Frank being presented with a birthday cake with candles & someone telling him to make a wish cuts to a dream segment where Frank is manager of Chelsea frank than blows out candles & just like that he’s manager .

8 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That would be something, the welcome video should be Frank being presented with a birthday cake with candles & someone telling him to make a wish cuts to a dream segment where Frank is manager of Chelsea frank than blows out candles & just like that he’s manager .

Cringe

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Doesn’t compare to a bowl of pasta in Belper duckie.

9 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

if that actually happened I think I’d be done with football ?

15 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

?

17 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

John terry bursts out of the cake in full Maryline munroe garb and sings happy birthday mr manager

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

What do we take from Bryson move ? Any bearing on lampard situation? Pointer one way or the other?

Well the press have certainly managed to link it to Lampard. They are saying Frank wanted him to stay but due to the uncertainty regarding Franks future he left. Which quite frankly sounds like BS - i was under the impression he wanted to head back to scotland for family reasons.

10 minutes ago, Archied said:

What do we take from Bryson move ? Any bearing on lampard situation? Pointer one way or the other?

Said it was mainly personal reasons, and that ties in with his wife wanting to move back up there.

16 minutes ago, Archied said:

Yeah as others have said it most likely is for personal reasons. Nothing to see here  

Makes you wonder though why this decision/announcement wasn’t made at the end of the season when the retained list was announced...?

3 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

I'm not convinced we are a sleeping giant - look through the list of clubs outside the Premiership and you could easily argue a case for about twenty of them feeling they should be a top flight team. And that's not counting the likes of Wimbledon, Notts County, Luton, Preston, Hull, Swindon, Blackpool, Milwall or Oxford. But - off the top of my head - we're in the same place as Coventry, Stoke, Portsmouth, Swansea, Middlesborough, Sunderland, Leeds, Blackburn, QPR, West Brom, Sheff Wed, Birmingham and many more. The truth is, the Premiership is not big enough to fit all the teams who want to believe they can be there.

As for those who are old enough to remember the good times we are a little tainted from the other angle. We remember European nights, League titles, British club record fees, Player of the Year, four Derby players in the England side, all that sort of stuff. But it was a magical and short window that - while glorious to witness - was not really representative of our history. The Bald Eagle era was fantastic but we never challenged for a single trophy in that time. Derby have been throughout our history a largely top, occasionally second tier, club that have only sporadically moved either side of that zone.

So, we're not a tinpot club but we're also not missed at the top table. I'd love to be back there but I also don't get somehow chippy at being disrespected or under valued. Great club, great fans, great everything but my great club.

BTW - sweeping not personal, but anyone who watches Sky Sports News deserves everything they get. It is the plant on Little Shop of Horrors, fed and fed but never satisfied.

We are a bigger club than ones highlighted above....QPR for example...tin pot....crap ground, terrible support ( we took more than the to play of final and they're from London )....I would also argue that teams like Blackburn and Coventry have never regularly been regarded as top sides and there support is very up and down.....i call sleeping giants teams like...the dirties, Sheff Weds,Sunderland Villa ( I know theyre in prem now ) because all of them can regularly get crowds in the 30-40k bracket and have grounds and history I don't see Swansea City as being in the same bracket as us....just my view but good post none the same 

Just now, cosmic said:

Yeah as others have said it most likely is for personal reasons. Nothing to see here  

Makes you wonder though why this decision/announcement wasn’t made at the end of the season when the retained list was announced...?

I’m sure there were negotiation s to keep him at Derby

28 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I assume we either offered or planned to offer him an extension but gave him sometime to think and he’s come to this decision. 

3 hours ago, Leveller said:

In the grand scheme of English football, Derby and Forest have both been successful for a limited period, mostly under Clough. Neither is a big club in the same way as the major clubs in the country.

In the grand scheme of football we are

Founder members of the football league

The club responsible for Arsenal getting top division football

twice league champion - 3 x runner up

The first team to win the FA cup after the war - 3 x runner up .

two European cup campaigns - s/f and robbed

Broke british transfer record on three occasions - maybe more .

Pretty much all of this was not under Clough - bar a league title and European cup campaign

We might not be Liverpool but a sleeping giant we are .

Statistically, the club had the 12th-highest average attendance in the country in the 2007–08 season,[43] 2008–09,[44] and 2009–10 seasons,[45] despite only having the 15th-largest club ground and finishing 18th or lower in their respective division. In 2008–09, they were the best supported club in the Championship, with a larger average attendance than nine Premier League clubs,

Tony Francis of The Daily Telegraph noted, "Derby is a passionate football town... Even in Division Two, it's a reasonable bet that crowds at Pride Park would not fall far below 20,000. It's historical, it's geographical, it's in the blood. Some places have it, some don't

cheers

Archived