Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

4 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

How can he tell the players they are on holiday as is he and let's be right he ain't going put it in a massive Frank lampards Derby county players WhatsApp group. That is all bs. 

It's got to a point now where if I was Lampard and they were saying all this poo about me I would have come out and said sumat by now. The more and more it goes on he looks less of a loyal character its going to end up with him looking more worse than rowett. At least he came out and said yes I want to talk to stoke if this is true how is he any different. 

A last thought and if I was mel and Frank goes I would offer the job to Jody Morris and see if he can be tempted. Number 2 or the full reigns I think it would be a close call.

Just fed up of it now and before you know it it's going be July and we will have signed noone and could end up taking a backwards step after one hell of a season just want it done with now.

Maybe he's promised Christine he'll ignore all the clickbait journalism while he's on holiday and devote his time to her and the kids?

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David said:

Already been accused of that, keep up! ?

I actually was planning for 2 week internet break following Wembley win or lose, recharge the batteries and reset ready for the new season. Believe me, this is the last thing I wanted, we’re only a couple weeks from pre season now and I think I managed 4 days off with the odd peep. 

Derby fan first, forum owner second, always will be. 

.. Does anyone have enough time to read over 2000 posts, especially when it can be summarised into, not gone, Sarri gone, still not gone, nothing has changed, Frank goes to dinner, nothing changed. It might. But nothing yet. 

And, if you assume I do have the time to read it all, you may also assume I have just followed the gist of most of the other posts by regurgitating the same opinions, and rehashing the same jokes!

Why on earth would frank need to be discussing this with the players? Only the board needs to be involved in this, the players will be kept up to date but frank doesn’t need to say anything to them at all. Only our board. Don’t buy that at all. Would see a very weird thing to do, especially in the close season where until pre season starts there’s unlikely to be much contact between players and coaching staff. Bizzare story. I’m sure the Derby players don’t need telling that if Chelsea throw a shitload of money our way that frank will be off, they’re not idiots and they’ll understand.

What are these initial talks too if Chelsea haven’t made an approach? Mel has said as much, Utter ******** article. And why would we be making contact with managers until someone’s made contact with ours? The position isn’t vacant yet so there’s no need to be actively appointing a replacement. Would be very unprofessional if we were doing so but I don’t buy for a second that we are. Terry out the window as an option now mind with that new deal, didn’t think he wanted a managers job (probably for the best he can no longer be on our list).

Just wish things would hurry up a bit, been days since sarris left, surely Chelsea should be having managers in for interviews by now. Especially since it’s been so obvious for so long that sarri was leaving, must have drawn up some bloody options by now! Does anyone know what’s actually going on at Chelsea cause their shitshow is gonna screw our season over soon. Just need to hurry up and move on from sarri so we can move on from this business and get our own transfers underway- just cause you have a transfer ban Chelsea doesn’t mean we all don’t have owt to do so bloody get cracking will you!

4 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Would take minutes to put an Instagram post up and he wasnt on holiday 2 or 3 days ago when he was in London with Drogba?

Good point but there would have to be summat to post. I think we’ve established there’s nowt official to comment on atm.

11 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Just fed up of it now and before you know it it's going be July and we will have signed noone and could end up taking a backwards step after one hell of a season just want it done with now.

Craig Noone you say. Are you ITK? Just tweeted ReluctantNicko.  He has heard nothing, but l wouldn’t rule out him running with it come Sunday.

20 minutes ago, R@M said:

.. Does anyone have enough time to read over 2000 posts, especially when it can be summarised into, not gone, Sarri gone, still not gone, nothing has changed, Frank goes to dinner, nothing changed. It might. But nothing yet. 

And, if you assume I do have the time to read it all, you may also assume I have just followed the gist of most of the other posts by regurgitating the same opinions, and rehashing the same jokes!

Having skipped though a few pages myself earlier not really taking anything in I will let you off on this occasion.

I do think almost 4500 posts on the managers future shows this club means a lot to people though, whilst it’s drifted off topic several times, which I hold myself partly responsible for, we’re here waiting for any news to break. Almost midnight and 400+ people reading away that should be in bed!

We have some members that are on all day, every day which makes me question their personal hygiene, but as long as they don’t run ad blockers it’s all good with me.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Having skipped though a few pages myself earlier not really taking anything in, I will let you off on this occasion.

I do think almost 4500 posts on the managers future shows this club means a lot to people though, whilst it’s drifted off topic several times, which I hold myself partly responsible for, we’re here waiting for any news to break. Almost midnight and 400+ people reading away that should be in bed!

We have some members that are on all day, every day which makes me question their personal hygiene, but as long as they don’t run ad blockers it’s all good with me.

Calling a union meeting in the morning. 

Boycie says we should be on time and a half atm.

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Calling a union meeting in the morning. 

Boycie says we should be on time and a half atm.

Boycie is easily replaceable, told him so on many occasions. If I was him I would keep quiet.

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Have at them, lazy bullshitting merchants. Pathetic really.

I've just had a read of his tw@ter feed, he really is out of his depth.... total amateur. If I turned out unsubstantiated garbage like this at work I'd get sacked.

34 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Would take minutes to put an Instagram post up and he wasnt on holiday 2 or 3 days ago when he was in London with Drogba?

It wouldn't benefit him. The speculation is good for him to get the best offers he possibly can. That's not greed or disloyalty it's just what anyone should do.

If you're company believes a better paying competitor is after you do you put them at ease or see how much they want to keep you?

If a better paying company are rumoured to make you an offer do you rule yourself out before hearing it. 

Whatever public response he gives could be twisted. It's happened already and it's happened to Mel's quotes. 

The proof will be in his actions. I am 100% confident that his prep for the season isn't on hold while he waits for Chelsea to possibly never call him. It's the off season. It's time to switch off. When the business starts again then we'll see him working. We'll see Chelsea make a move on whoever they choose. 

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

It's not just FL's birthday tomorrow, it's also this bloke's birthday, who has a special message to each and every one of you.

Up The Rams.

The sculpture at the end of this video always makes me think she really isn't interested in Lionel . This is how I see you . You think I look like Vincent from Beauty and the beast - cheers love i'll get my coat . 

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 hours ago, europia said:

If as suggested in the media, FL is the nailed on No1 target for Chelsea, does it not seem a bit odd that they haven't yet approached DCFC. Considering preparations both clubs need to be making for next season.  

Perhaps Chelsea actually have other options that they are also pursuing. 

As Chelsea are unable to buy any new players. There no urgency to appoint a new manager before their players return for preseason training.

Unlike Derby who require a number of new signings and so need a manager in place. Who will identify the players he wants to bring in.

So while it's not important for Chelsea, it's imperative that Derby know who their manager will be a.s.a.p.

If Chelsea do want Frank as their next manager. They could be dragging their feet on the appointment, hoping that we would panic about losing Frank and bring in a new manager. Meaning they could get Frank without having to pay us any compensation.

22 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

If Chelsea do want Frank as their next manager. They could be dragging their feet on the appointment, hoping that we would panic about losing Frank and bring in a new manager. Meaning they could get Frank without having to pay us any compensation.

Silly idea, bringing in a new bloke would mean we'd have to pay-off FL's contract. Don't ever consider setting up your own business.

I have a bit of a theory re this situation

If Frank has an discussion with Chelsea it could easily be done informally without anybody knowing, he knows Abramovich that well a phone call would probably be enough.

That would be in the best interests of all is what they'll be thinking.  Abramovich wouldn't want the supporters meltdown if he was offered the job and refused it or wasn't offered it thereby creating the same meltdown .  Mel wouldn't want the- he wanted the Chelsea job but they didn't want him, get rid we're second choice meltdown.

My suspicion is if he's going the first we will here is today he's here - tomorrow he's not .  Other than that we'll never here anything.

4 hours ago, Parsnip said:

On the other hand, if Chelsea do appoint Ten Hag or whoever, then the back pages will be covered in images of Frank looking sad with headlines about how he's been snubbed, betrayed, left to rot in a job he doesn't want.

I don't usually like to disturb people on their holidays, but Frank needs to speak tomorrow.

He doesn't .....let the man enjoy his holiday

Archived