Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not sure how he's managed to do this unless he's been facetiming the boys from the beach...

It’s not even that. It’s the fact that it’s now gone to “if” and “the right offer”.

Not only is it now apparently not a dead-cert, as reported, it’s also possible that Frank could actually say no...

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not sure how he's managed to do this unless he's been facetiming the boys from the beach...

I couldn't resist, I clicked...... to be greeted with this gem "The iPro Stadium club want £4m in compensation for Lampard, who is set to be offered a three-year deal by Roman Abramovich."

God I'm bored of this drivel........ make it stop.

5 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Let's also remember that bookies odds are not there to tell you what will happen, they are there to tempt you to lose your money

Wish I had thought of that at the time 

If Chelsea do make an approach and Frank leaves, I think I will always question how much interest was there before the media frenzy whipped up the fans, did it have any influence or force Chelsea into making the appointment.

Don’t get me wrong I’m sure they will have been monitoring Frank’s progress, we also had 2 players on loan so none of his work will have gone unnoticed, but top English clubs competing in the Champions League don’t appoint managers that finished 6th in the Championship. It just doesn’t happen.

Now of course who you are helps, we appointed Nigel Clough in what felt like an attempt to bring the feel good factor back, Lampard would have the same effect but he’s still a manager that finished 6th in the Championship with a years experience under his belt.

I know I’m championing the idea of giving young managers a go at Derby, but this is Derby, I love the club to bits but I’m aware of the level we are at compared to Chelsea who are competing with the biggest clubs in Europe.

There is an expectation of this appointment now, and despite not saying a word publicly Chelsea would face a huge backlash if they appointed anyone else. I’m sure a ten Hag move would soften the blow, but it’s difficult to see who they could realistically go for now that would excite them as much as Lampard. 

*Kevin Keegan style* I would love it, love it if Lampard signed a contract extension, not only because it would be the best thing for this club, but just to see how the media would explain it, what would be the recycled excuse. When you talk about “meltdowns” this would be internet breaking!

10 minutes ago, philmycock said:

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger bud ? 

Thank you mate, had a rough day I just needed some kind words ??

Has any other potential manager transfer got to the point where he’s telling the players he’ll go if it’s offered?

If that’s true, there’s no way back, because if it ends up someone else is appointed, he will have lost all credibility, surely? 

1 hour ago, David said:

Already been accused of that, keep up! ?

I actually was planning for 2 week internet break following Wembley win or lose, recharge the batteries and reset ready for the new season. Believe me, this is the last thing I wanted, we’re only a couple weeks from pre season now and I think I managed 4 days off with the odd peep. 

Derby fan first, forum owner second, always will be. 

And you do a very good job with the forum - sometimes it’s just nice to be told that ?

10 minutes ago, David said:

I would love it, love it if Lampard signed a contract extension, not only because it would be the best thing for this club, but just to see how the media would explain it, what would be the recycled excuse.

On the other hand, if Chelsea do appoint Ten Hag or whoever, then the back pages will be covered in images of Frank looking sad with headlines about how he's been snubbed, betrayed, left to rot in a job he doesn't want.

I don't usually like to disturb people on their holidays, but Frank needs to speak tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, papa_lazarou said:

I couldn't resist, I clicked...... to be greeted with this gem "The iPro Stadium club want £4m in compensation for Lampard, who is set to be offered a three-year deal by Roman Abramovich."

God I'm bored of this drivel........ make it stop.

Having taken on Skybet and BT today already, my next mission is to educate Mirror journalists. 

2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

On the other hand, if Chelsea do appoint Ten Hag or whoever, then the back pages will be covered in images of Frank looking sad with headlines about how he's been snubbed, betrayed, left to rot in a job he doesn't want.

I don't usually like to disturb people on their holidays, but Frank needs to speak tomorrow.

Frank still has a very good job so no reason to be sad.

How can he tell the players they are on holiday as is he and let's be right he ain't going put it in a massive Frank lampards Derby county players WhatsApp group. That is all bs. 

It's got to a point now where if I was Lampard and they were saying all this poo about me I would have come out and said sumat by now. The more and more it goes on he looks less of a loyal character its going to end up with him looking more worse than rowett. At least he came out and said yes I want to talk to stoke if this is true how is he any different. 

A last thought and if I was mel and Frank goes I would offer the job to Jody Morris and see if he can be tempted. Number 2 or the full reigns I think it would be a close call.

Just fed up of it now and before you know it it's going be July and we will have signed noone and could end up taking a backwards step after one hell of a season just want it done with now.

This whole saga has really lowered my opinion of some of these papers. Always liked/trusted the coverage from The Mirror and The Times - but there's been a few stories now that are so contradictory in their claims that they just have to be false.

Real shame. Maybe I'm naive or gullible or something, but I just don't instantly assume that people are lying.

Archived