Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

13 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Sky Bet and Sky Sports are not affiliated anymore, as I've been reminded recently. 

This ?

5 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

That may be technically true, but the Sky Presenters appear in their adverts all the time and Sky Sports News just seems like a vechicle to manipulate the odds. They may be separate companies but they have deals together, ie paying for adverts and Sky staff to be in them. The whole things stinks. There is so much money in football, but it has to be propped up by betting firms. It matters more if there is money on it. I think that strapline could be pulled if we all staretd complaining to the advertising standards.

I have corrected a few people like yourself @SaintRam, but as above, clearly there is a deal in place between the two which would be in the financial interests of both.

You can’t even check the fixtures in Sky app without having Skybet odds displayed (Yes you can toggle off), why not William Hill, Paddy Power or Ladbroke? SkyBet is embedded throughout Sky Sports for a reason. 

2985DC0F-38F4-4FEF-BC9E-7DE96BBAD4B3.jpeg

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, David said:

This ?

I have corrected a few people like yourself @SaintRam, but as above, clearly there is a deal in place between the two which would be in the financial interests of both.

You can’t even check the fixtures in Sky app without having Skybet odds displayed (Yes you can toggle off), why not William Hill, Paddy Power or Ladbroke? SkyBet is embedded throughout Sky Sports for a reason. 

2985DC0F-38F4-4FEF-BC9E-7DE96BBAD4B3.jpeg

I've followed your example (nearly), and emptied my Skybet account.

I couldn't easily find how to close it, and don't mind them having the business cost of maintaining a dormant account.

If as suggested in the media, FL is the nailed on No1 target for Chelsea, does it not seem a bit odd that they haven't yet approached DCFC. Considering preparations both clubs need to be making for next season.  

Perhaps Chelsea actually have other options that they are also pursuing. 

4 minutes ago, europia said:

If as suggested in the media, FL is the nailed on No1 target for Chelsea, does it not seem a bit odd that they haven't yet approached DCFC. Considering preparations both clubs need to be making for next season.  

Perhaps Chelsea actually have other options that they are also pursuing. 

I think you could be onto something here. 

216 pages in and nobody even mentioned this. 

9 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I've followed your example (nearly), and emptied my Skybet account.

I couldn't easily find how to close it, and don't mind them having the business cost of maintaining a dormant account.

You have to contact them, same as most companies these days, want a chance to try and keep you. 

I also cancelled BT Sports today, announced a sponsorship of £60m for the England team, then they announce job losses, next thing I get an email saying they are raising the price of my BT Sports package £4pm.

For me you have to draw the line somewhere, can’t afford a yacht but £4pm extra I could still feed myself and the dog, but why should I foot the bill for BT to slap their logo across the England team and what are the FA going to do with that money? Few tasty pay rises no doubt.

Because of the price change they have to wave cancellation fees, give you one month to quit. On ringing up they would wave the increase if I agreed to a new 18 month contract which included my broadband renewal. I have no loyalty when it comes to broadband suppliers, jump for the best welcome deals I can get, think I’m 8 months in with BT now so I’m not renewing knowing I can get a better deal next year elsewhere.

This is going wildly off topic!

On 18/06/2019 at 14:02, GenBr said:

I dont think Bowyer is going to be coming here now that hes signed a new contract. It would be a bit wierd to sign and then leave immediately.

I wrote it before I read that.

But they are about to be taken over, and he's only been given a 12 month deal, so all bets are off.

Of course they'd be daft to get rid, and chances are it was just a holding position and he will renegotiate with the new owners, but how many times have new owners come in with crazy ideas and appointed a Zola etc. 

27 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Don't see the issue with bookmakers myself.  They don't decide who people want to bet on. If i went in and said i wanted to bet on my dad for manager they would give me odds.

Is that you, Frank Junior Junior?

10 minutes ago, David said:

You have to contact them, same as most companies these days, want a chance to try and keep you. 

I also cancelled BT Sports today, announced a sponsorship of £60m for the England team, then they announce job losses, next thing I get an email saying they are raising the price of my BT Sports package £4pm.

For me you have to draw the line somewhere, can’t afford a yacht but £4pm extra I could still feed myself and the dog, but why should I foot the bill for BT to slap their logo across the England team and what are the FA going to do with that money? Few tasty pay rises no doubt.

Because of the price change they have to wave cancellation fees, give you one month to quit. On ringing up they would wave the increase if I agreed to a new 18 month contract which included my broadband renewal. I have no loyalty when it comes to broadband suppliers, jump for the best welcome deals I can get, think I’m 8 months in with BT now so I’m not renewing knowing I can get a better deal next year elsewhere.

I cancelled BT a little while ago too because I was sick of the price increases. 

4 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Let's also remember that bookies odds are not there to tell you what will happen, they are there to tempt you to lose your money

Indeed - I noted the 6/1 for him to be in charge 1st game of next season. Tested it. It was capped at £10 max bet. Shows you how concerned sure they are!

21 minutes ago, David said:

I had a bt email since forever, then they started charging me 7.50 a month for it. I haven't got round to moving everything across to another address yet so they have managed to get some extra revenue out if me. I'll never pay for their services again. Though. Pretty sure they started charging for email around the same time they paid a billion for Champions League.

47 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Don't see the issue with bookmakers myself.  They don't decide who people want to bet on. If i went in and said i wanted to bet on my dad for manager they would give me odds.

Strange how they will still takes bets on Lampard to be new Chelsea manager, even though it's a dead cert and has been confirmed numerous times by Sky and his Uncle. They are just giving money away really.

Let's do one of them change.org things to stop bookies taking bets on next managers.

4 minutes ago, R@M said:

I’m beginning to think @David is in on the media conspiracy as this thread alone must have generated more clicks and advert revenue than the rest of the site in what is normally a fairly quiet period. 

Already been accused of that, keep up! ?

I actually was planning for 2 week internet break following Wembley win or lose, recharge the batteries and reset ready for the new season. Believe me, this is the last thing I wanted, we’re only a couple weeks from pre season now and I think I managed 4 days off with the odd peep. 

Derby fan first, forum owner second, always will be. 

It gets me every time the "bookies are never wrong" and "never met a poor bookie" etc etc. 

They use stories to get bets. You make the odds!!! Remember Pep to Chelsea? Banked!!!! 

How dumb would the top dogs in the media and at the bookies be if they failed to see how they could work together. 

It's easy work!

Right from the start it's been hard to find actual real evidence that Chelsea want Lampard. The closest it's got is from Harry and Jamie. It could still happen but if it doesn't then everybody had made a few quid out of this apart from you punters. And Mel but I'm sure he won't mind. 

It's never made sense. I know football doesn't always make sense but if you don't follow your logic and common sense then you end up a hysterical diva!! 

What this has made me do though is despise much of the media. For their disruption before the Play Off Final especially. 

I just hate how they don't have to answer to anyone. They come with these clickbait headlines and the article is full of could, if and but. Their sources are each others ********!! How can you report a report on a report based on speculation? 

I know years ago the boxing promoter Frank Warren started taking legal procedures against pretty much every speculative comment about him. Some message boards stopped the mention of his name. He didn't care about the cost he just put an end to all speculative garbage. The irony is that he writes for a paper now and he talks a lot of speculative garbage. But it's amazing how when it came to Frank and his boxers that the stories and the sources dried up. 

Of course in football the media also get manipulated by clubs and agents to help pressure deals so there is some false info sent their way. I mean that could even be the case here (look, I did speculative garbage!) But it seems particularly with these clickbait articles that are reports on reports that they can just fire out any harmful poo without any backlash. 

I can't stand the feckers tbh. I like my news to be actual news. 

I know the answer is "Well stop reading it then" but it's hard to escape the poo when it's the day before the big Play Off Final... Lampard has taken his seat.... he's going to talk us through the emotions of him and the players... wait, here's a question...

"Frank there's a rumour doing the rounds that Sarri will be leaving...." 

Is there? Where from? A bit of digging shows its come out your arse and now you and the betting companies can feed each other. 

My beef isn't with this particular story either. Like you guys say, here they're testing the water with a Luis Enrique story. Bamfords 

Archived