Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

In the grand scheme of football we are

Founder members of the football league

The club responsible for Arsenal getting top division football

twice league champion - 3 x runner up

The first team to win the FA cup after the war - 3 x runner up .

two European cup campaigns - s/f and robbed

Broke british transfer record on three occasions - maybe more .

Pretty much all of this was not under Clough - bar a league title and European cup campaign

We might not be Liverpool but a sleeping giant we are .

Statistically, the club had the 12th-highest average attendance in the country in the 2007–08 season,[43] 2008–09,[44] and 2009–10 seasons,[45] despite only having the 15th-largest club ground and finishing 18th or lower in their respective division. In 2008–09, they were the best supported club in the Championship, with a larger average attendance than nine Premier League clubs,

Tony Francis of The Daily Telegraph noted, "Derby is a passionate football town... Even in Division Two, it's a reasonable bet that crowds at Pride Park would not fall far below 20,000. It's historical, it's geographical, it's in the blood. Some places have it, some don't

cheers

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm

And if you check the stats for other clubs, lets pick Brighton as an example, look at how the crowds have increased massively since they've stayed in the Premier league. Just my opinion, but I think the club could pull in 35-40k (maybe more) at home with some stability in the Premier League if we can get up and stay up.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off topic but I find it a bit disgusting how people are putting lots of bets on Enrique to become new Chelsea manager, people should actually research WHY he stepped down as Spain manager, his daughter is rumoured to have cancer and is currently in a coma and Enrique himself is rumoured to not be well either. Enrique had to miss Spain’s last few internationals. I hope both him and his daughter recover quickly, he won’t be becoming Chelsea manager that’s for sure. 

29 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Off topic but I find it a bit disgusting how people are putting lots of bets on Enrique to become new Chelsea manager, people should actually research WHY he stepped down as Spain manager, his daughter is rumoured to have cancer and is currently in a coma and Enrique himself is rumoured to not be well either. Enrique had to miss Spain’s last few internationals. I hope both him and his daughter recover quickly, he won’t be becoming Chelsea manager that’s for sure. 

It's more disgusting that bookmaking firms are offering the odds on a person they know full well won't be taking the job.

Same as offering Jim Smith at 100/1.

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It's more disgusting that bookmaking firms are offering the odds on a person they know full well won't be taking the job.

Exactly this - most people betting won't even know the circumstances otherwise they wouldn't waste their money. 

It's easy money for the bookies which is completey wrong.

Just now, reveldevil said:

Don't be too harsh. They showed Derby respect by not allowing people to bet on who our manager will be in August because the position isn't vacant. ?

I'm really happy we have made it to this point with Frank still as our manager, I refuse to believe he will leave now.

As people keep saying, fixtures are out tomorrow, Frank will have to comment, any silence (regardless of his location in the age of modern technology), will be a dead give away.

Neither Mel or Frank would let it rumble on this long, tomorrow he will say how excited he is for the new season and we will all be rejoicing!

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm really happy we have made it to this point with Frank still as our manager, I refuse to believe he will leave now.

As people keep saying, fixtures are out tomorrow, Frank will have to comment, any silence (regardless of his location in the age of modern technology), will be a dead give away.

Neither Mel or Frank would let it rumble on this long, tomorrow he will say how excited he is for the new season and we will all be rejoicing!

Glad you’ve joined us!

29 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Agreed. I’m out of there.

2747C607-3D8B-4D40-AC74-FED5D8CD0959.jpeg

5 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

wIn your opinion they are. Some of the conspiracy I’ve seen on social media replying to them is hilarious.... “sky” hate us etc. I just don’t think fans like it when they get it back a bit..... we look smalltime at the minute 

I Agree they are not there to be abused but of course they are there to be challenged. I have quite a few friends who are in the media business and whilst there great personally to me , their superiority traits sometimes grate. If journalists can't take constructive criticism including being called out for making up stories ala Dorsett (who I have seen on sky tonight deny things he has quite clearly posted on twitter) then they are in the wrong job.

Just now, HantsRam said:

Back to sitting in the local William Hills in your stained vest David?

Well I would need to check to see if they are taking bets on him before I try and find my vest!

Although if they were, I might find it easier to let that slide as a one off, they don’t have the machine that is Sky Sports News with the ability of pushing stories for fans to bet on.

I haven’t felt comfortable with the Skybet/Sky Sports thing for a while now, but as I said to them, this Luis Enrique thing was the final straw. It’s just wrong, I don’t like it at all.

Might look a bit petty, just don’t use the account, and I know my feedback won’t go any further than the operator which closed my account, but I feel better not having that account on their “active customer” list. 

7 minutes ago, David said:

Well I would need to check to see if they are taking bets on him before I try and find my vest!

Although if they were, I might find it easier to let that slide as a one off, they don’t have the machine that is Sky Sports News with the ability of pushing stories for fans to bet on.

I haven’t felt comfortable with the Skybet/Sky Sports thing for a while now, but as I said to them, this Luis Enrique thing was the final straw. It’s just wrong, I don’t like it at all.

Might look a bit petty, just don’t use the account, and I know my feedback won’t go any further than the operator which closed my account, but I feel better not having that account on their “active customer” list. 

Not having a go, but don't you consume and pay for a decent amount of live football on Sky Sports?

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Not having a go, but don't you consume and pay for a decent amount of live football on Sky Sports?

Sky Bet and Sky Sports are not affiliated anymore, as I've been reminded recently. 

4 minutes ago, David said:

I don't bet personally, not so much out of principle but out of ineptitude. 

Nonetheless, fair play for taking a principled position. It's the only sort of language organisations like Sky understand - if enough will follow. ?

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Sky Bet and Sky Sports are not affiliated anymore, as I've been reminded recently. 

That may be technically true, but the Sky Presenters appear in their adverts all the time and Sky Sports News just seems like a vechicle to manipulate the odds. They may be separate companies but they have deals together, ie paying for adverts and Sky staff to be in them. The whole things stinks. There is so much money in football, but it has to be propped up by betting firms. It matters more if there is money on it. I think that strapline could be pulled if we all staretd complaining to the advertising standards.

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I do. I’m not going all out on a one man protest claiming to never spend a penny with Sky again. 

I have Sky TV with Sky Sports which I’m not planning on cancelling, as I say I’m just not comfortable with the betting on Sky Sports News stories. Whilst Sky have sold the company, clearly it is in the financial interest of both to peddle any nonsense people will bet on.

Sith Happens

Don't see the issue with bookmakers myself.  They don't decide who people want to bet on. If i went in and said i wanted to bet on my dad for manager they would give me odds.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

That may be technically true, but the Sky Presenters appear in their adverts all the time and Sky Sports News just seems like a vechicle to manipulate the odds. They may be separate companies but they have deals together, ie paying for adverts and Sky staff to be in them. The whole things stinks. There is so much money in football, but it has to be propped up by betting firms. It matters more if there is money on it. I think that strapline could be pulled if we all staretd complaining to the advertising standards.

Spot on.

Maybe Sky don't make any money from the actual book, but they certainly coin it in from the adverts and the promotion the Sky Sports channels provide 

Archived