Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Have a great trip, mate.  We'll look after things and sort the management situation out whilst you're away. ? 

Thanks mate I really hope so I think we all just want this sorted one way or another ...hope you're well bud ☺️

4 minutes ago, Ramos said:

So Mel believes we can keep hold of him (or that Chelsea aren't going to come in for him, which is my stance), so doesn't feel the need to make contingency plans.

Which would be an incredibly unrealistic position if any of the journalism on Lampard's imminent unvailing at Chelsea was accurate, so suggests that (as many here believe), it is not.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

So Mel believes we can keep hold of him, so doesn't feel the need to make contingency plans.

Which would be an incredibly unrealistic position if any of the journalism on Lampard's imminent unvailing at Chelsea was accurate, so suggests that (as many here believe), it is not.

Well he has taken Frank's phone off him and locked him in a broom cupboard at Pride Park, so it should be OK

Just now, richinspain said:

Well he has taken Frank's phone off him and locked him in a broom cupboard at Pride Park, so it should be OK

Did anyone let Thorne out of that broom cupboard when we signed him from WBA? He was stuck in there for a long time

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

So Mel believes we can keep hold of him (or that Chelsea aren't going to come in for him, which is my stance), so doesn't feel the need to make contingency plans.

Sorry to bring this up......but.

So many people on here believe that the stories of Franks departure are untrue because it is bad journalism.

Just playing devil's advocate but what makes this story true then?

Just for the info - I don't think he is going either

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Did anyone let Thorne out of that broom cupboard when we signed him from WBA? He was stuck in there for a long time

It's part of Mel's cunning plan. After spending a week locked away with George they will be BFF, and George will be first name on the team sheet every week.

Just now, BathRam72 said:

So many people on here believe that the stories of Franks departure are untrue because it is bad journalism.

Posts like this from BBC Derby tend to be information received directly from Derby (the club).

National stories tend to be from "sources" who are not linked to the club, who claim to have "insider" knowledge and regularly run things astray for a multitude of reasons. They're more prone to being incorrect.

In this specific scenario; IF the national journalism is true, then Derby are lying to the local media OR are completely incompetent.

I prefer to assume that the national furore is misguided, rather than assume that Derby is being thoroughly incompetent.

3 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I’d like to think because Derby have a good relationship with BBC Radio Derby 

1 minute ago, Saity said:

Just not today though as Mel and Stephen Pearce have gone on a jolly to London lol 

Lampard is in London, at home with his family, at the moment. So perhaps specifically today.

Bowyer turns down Charlton... 

Mel mentions that he has 'refused discussions with speculative interested parties' 

Bowyer signs extension with Charlton... 

In theory a good journalist would be all over that: 'Boywer agrees Charlton deal following Derby SNUB!' ?

5 hours ago, Archied said:

Wrong wrong wrong ,, he can come out now and say that intends to honour his contract and the reason he is announcing it is because the speculation has ramped up to such a degree that is seriously affecting the pre season preparations of Derby county ,

very simple and not in any way presumptuous or disrespectful to chelsea

Every day is a school day. I always though opinions couldn’t be “wrong”, just someone could have a contrary opinion.

Turns out I was wrong.

Go figure! ?‍♂️

Archived