Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Archied said:

In which case Derby fans would be quite right to feel our season is being totally derailed whilst he waits to see if he is offered it or on what terms ,very much at odds with the rhetoric we have been fed 

So you’d rather he chase after the job? 

12 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Only if you believe the bull poo in the Sun/Express/DM or written on club opinion websites.

Agreed!

"Frank Lampard is going to meet Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich this week as a deal to bring the former midfielder back to the club as manager continues.

It’s the logical next step in the process of bringing a manager in, and The Sun say that the legendary ex-player will go see his old boss in St Tropez to finalise the details of his sensational return."

Nothing of substance in here......again back to previous posts by myself and others. It's not news, its speculation until its got some substance behind it. This will be today's regurgitated story until the next one they can claim as fact.

I really must get off this forum, I've got work to do in Royston..

image.thumb.png.9358051c327d29d6f513f77d21dc525a.png

2 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Got to say I think it’s funny that people seem to think all preparations at Derby have stopped because Chelsea can’t decide whether they want our manager or  not.

Not saying they have stopped but it’s foolish to think they are not hugely affected by the managerial uncertainty 

8 minutes ago, papa_lazarou said:

Agreed!

"Frank Lampard is going to meet Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich this week as a deal to bring the former midfielder back to the club as manager continues.

It’s the logical next step in the process of bringing a manager in, and The Sun say that the legendary ex-player will go see his old boss in St Tropez to finalise the details of his sensational return."

Nothing of substance in here......again back to previous posts by myself and others. It's not news, its speculation until its got some substance behind it. This will be today's regurgitated story until the next one they can claim as fact.

I really must get off this forum, I've got work to do in Royston..

image.thumb.png.9358051c327d29d6f513f77d21dc525a.png

Has Roman got a visa for Royston Vasey lol. 

40 minutes ago, RAMBOB said:

None of us can understand the delay in the precedings.....why has no approach been made for Frank ?

Well, lets remember first and foremost that Chelsea FC are a massive world wide brand and more than a football club based at Stamford Bridge. In every Sports Shop in every country across the world their shirts are for sale alongside Barca, Real Madrid and Man Utd. That brand totally relies on the team being succesful in order to gain maximum exposure across the globe. That success has to be Premiership Titles and Champions League. It has taken years to build that brand and now more than ever the business moguls behind the scenes will be aware of potential damage to their brand if the club does not re attain the level of success they have enjoyed in building the brand to such high echelons, initially on the back of millions of investment from a certain Russian source. 

They will be awareand even afraid of the growing domination of Man City in the Premiership and the potential of the emerging Liverpool brand, possibly even that Spurs will threaten their Top London Club crown (Arsenal perhaps not such a threat recently).

Are these high ranking business heads going to be that concerned about 45000+ Chelsea faithful when it comes to engaging a very risky and a very inexperienced manager at this level in Frank, who no doubt would galvanise the supporters and give them the emotional appointment that they crave for , he may be succesful but he may not at the levels required......or are they more concerned at recruiting a manager who has the potential to get quick results and so address their dwindling status across the world and millions of fans.

If this is indeed a possible explanation why there is such a delay, are they working on the Allegri situation? Is it as dead as made out? Are there other high profile experienced candidates being considered ....Mr Benitez is rumoured to be stalling his contract negotiations which expires in 12 days....there may be others.

That would leave Frank as a fall back measure and explain the state of Limbo......guess we just have to wait ......and wait.....

All of that - Lampard would be a sticking plaster until they got who they want but I understand why he wouldn’t see that 

11 minutes ago, Archied said:

Not saying they have stopped but it’s foolish to think they are not hugely affected by the managerial uncertainty 

But what uncertainty is there at the minute? Morris has basically said it’s business as usual until Chelsea contact Derby with an approach, and that’s the directions that Lampard will be under too.

Morris will now have made a contingency plan for potential managers, but he firmly put the ball into Chelsea’s court yesterday. Until then what else can we do aside put our head down and work?

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Do we not think this is affecting pre season? Will players be affected in their decision whether to join the club ( it’s always the manager that sells the club,his vision and how much he wants that player) ,clubs decisions on whether to loan us top young players will be driven in large part by who’s in charge and style they will play, players currently at the club but in renewal talks will be affected by who’s going to be in charge( ask Chris Martin) ,

to think the massive speculation on lampard imminently going to Chelsea at this vital time in prep for new season and his silence now doesn’t seriously disrupt Derby county is frankly fairy dust sprinkling

Agreed, perhaps those that don’t think it’s causing the club any issues want to ask Mel that question. I’ve got a good idea what his answer would be.  

2 minutes ago, The Oracle said:

Mel Morris and Stephen Pearce were in the 1st Class lounge at Derby station this morning just before 7, seemingly about to head off to St Pancras....

bit of shopping in london ?

Archived