Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

But what uncertainty is there at the minute? Morris has basically said it’s business as usual until Chelsea contact Derby with an approach, and that’s the directions that Lampard will be under too.

Morris will now have made a contingency plan for potential managers, but he firmly put the ball into Chelsea’s court yesterday. Until then what else can we do aside put our head down and work?

With a new manager comes disruption very close to pre-season and this is not ideal. New backroom staff, other appointments, ways of working, style of play, training differences, building relationships with existing staff and players etc etc..... Players that we have and have lined up may not be to the new managers taste or style. Bottom line it's disruptive, and that's not just exclusive to football, look what happens when you get a new boss or leadership team at work, things change, but I will caveat all of that with sometimes for the better!

I take and agree with your point its not stopped, but it's naive to think it wont have an impact.

13 minutes ago, The Oracle said:

Mel Morris and Stephen Pearce were in the 1st Class lounge at Derby station this morning just before 7, seemingly about to head off to St Pancras....

Blimey.

We have a first class lounge at Derby station!!?

1 minute ago, Whitefield said:

Blimey.

We have a first class lounge at Derby station!!?

Oh yeah. It's fancy af.

Definitely doesn't look like a tiny travelodge

image.png.ce836c28e44cbe28e6c705115452478c.png

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Equally foolish to say they've been completely derailed then as you said earlier? 

Possibly yes, but here’s the low down , Chelsea have no manager , the world and his wife claim lampard already has the job , 

best mel can do is say we are carrying on ,Chelsea have it within their gift to make an approach ,,

lampard also has it within his gift to say reports of him being given the Chelsea job are wrong and he intends to honour his contract ,

19 minutes ago, papa_lazarou said:

With a new manager comes disruption very close to pre-season and this is not ideal. New backroom staff, other appointments, ways of working, style of play, training differences, building relationships with existing staff and players etc etc..... Players that we have and have lined up may not be to the new managers taste or style. Bottom line it's disruptive, and that's not just exclusive to football, look what happens when you get a new boss or leadership team at work, things change, but I will caveat all of that with sometimes for the better!

I take and agree with your point its not stopped, but it's naive to think it wont have an impact.

But we are talking about disruption based on speculation rather than disruption based on not having a manager because we still have a manager for now. Until anything concrete happens we can only carry on as usual, everyone currently involved in the club will understand that.

18 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Yep all true!

When someone told me - I didn't believe it either until I checked. 

The fact we played more attractive football, and made the Play-Off final kind of allowed those stats to drift by us. We also forget that there was a point towards the back end of the season where almost all of us had written off making the play-offs full stop.

I think that's true of Rowett's play-off season as well.  Particularly after the defeat at Burton with only a few games to go.

The identification of Hughes as surplus to requirements for a promotion chasing club, the dreadful mind-numbing football and his orchestration of the pathetic second leg surrender against Fulham will always be Rowett's legacy at Derby for me.

It is strange though, that two different managers with quite different sets of players, with very different tactics both finished the season in 6th with just one point separating them. 

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

But he would only have to say that if it was seriously affecting the pre season. Maybe, now sit comfortably and take a deep breath, all the DCFC staff are going about their daily jobs in normal fashion, without worrying about what could happen employment wise until it happens?

Tbf Mel felt it necessary to go on Talksport to answer the speculation so it's not unreasonable to think Frank could. 

He must have discussed it with Uncle 'arry in some manner and he definitely wasn't pouring cold water on the story

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Tbf Mel felt it necessary to go on Talksport to answer the speculation so it's not unreasonable to think Frank could. 

He must have discussed it with Uncle 'arry in some manner and he definitely wasn't pouring cold water on the story

First line is spot on the money 

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

First line is spot on the money 

Let's hope Frank is busying himself with pre-season, transfers, tactics, training etc. and letting everyone else handle the rumours and speculation.

As it stands on BBC Sport and SSN there has still been no formal approach for him.

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

But we are talking about disruption based on speculation rather than disruption based on not having a manager because we still have a manager for now. Until anything concrete happens we can only carry on as usual, everyone currently involved in the club will understand that.

So what happens to some of the potential signings or loans that have been lined up as part of the Jody/Frank playing philosophy? Part of the pull to come to our wonderful club, may also been down to the possibility of being coached by the aforementioned?

It is disruptive, hence Uncle Mel's response to the media yesterday, it's causing uncertainty within the club, otherwise Mel wouldn't have had to make such a statement.

Your right, we have to carry on, and the club will manage itself through this process, but you can't say this nonsense in the press wont be affecting staff and players at the club, and potential signings. They can see it all being played out in the press as well, some decisions will be on hold until this is resolved.

Put yourself in a players shoes, you've been offered a new job, but the person hiring you might be staying or not, wouldn't that add a level of uncertainty to you? It would me.

Hey.....Its only football............... 

5 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I reckon this is all Dave’s Doing to save off the inevitable close season forum lull

hes the “inside source” that “saw” frank on Abramovich’s yacht

im onto u David lol

guilty on all counts GIF by Oxygen

2 hours ago, Sweetness34 said:

Wonder if we'll get any more Chelsea fans coming on today telling us "it's a done deal" and then following up with "IF he comes, what's he like?"?

Like some bloke coming up to you and saying "I think it looks like i'm gonna start seeing your wife, what's she like in bed?" 

I think you'll find I said, "It looks like Lampard's coming", which is a far cry from saying, "It's a done deal". I have no idea if he's coming or not but if I had to wager either way I'd bet on him coming. Having said that, I have a pretty poor record at the bookies.

20 minutes ago, papa_lazarou said:

So what happens to some of the potential signings or loans that have been lined up as part of the Jody/Frank playing philosophy? Part of the pull to come to our wonderful club, may also been down to the possibility of being coached by the aforementioned?

It is disruptive, hence Uncle Mel's response to the media yesterday, it's causing uncertainty within the club, otherwise Mel wouldn't have had to make such a statement.

Your right, we have to carry on, and the club will manage itself through this process, but you can't say this nonsense in the press wont be affecting staff and players at the club, and potential signings. They can see it all being played out in the press as well, some decisions will be on hold until this is resolved.

Put yourself in a players shoes, you've been offered a new job, but the person hiring you might be staying or not, wouldn't that add a level of uncertainty to you? It would me.

Hey.....Its only football............... 

Casing point taken with a large pinch of salt due to it's source:-

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-county-offer-deal-chelsea-2990454

The Lampard/Morris effect should not be underestimated, regardless whether you rate him as a manager or not (I do rate him and Jody for the record, but he isn't the finished article yet).

33 minutes ago, Archied said:

Possibly yes, but here’s the low down , Chelsea have no manager , the world and his wife claim lampard already has the job , 

best mel can do is say we are carrying on ,Chelsea have it within their gift to make an approach ,,

lampard also has it within his gift to say reports of him being given the Chelsea job are wrong and he intends to honour his contract ,

True and all very unpleasant/frustrating/damaging but I wouldn't say it's completely derailed our season (yet).

It may be within Lampards gift to say reports of him being given the the Chelsea job are wrong but, why should he need to? Mel has made it quite clear that no approach has been made.

Frank could, as other managers have done on occasions, rule himself out even though no official approach has been made but, I guess he wants to hear what they have to offer (if they ever do). Sad but I could see why he would. 

Archived