Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

Still pure speculation as to whether FL will go to Chelsea but what gets me is how many are going on about Mel, Do people not think that Mel and Frank talk frequently, i am sure the relationship between them remains strong, concentrating on players for next season. pre-season tour etc. When Mel appointed Frank Mel would have been fully aware that Chelsea would come calling at some time (not as early as this i agree). The show goes on and Derby still plan for next season, Mel won't have everything on hold.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I wonder if they'll post it online or just leave it "said".

Ask yourself if posting Mel's statement would increase engagement figures, or cool things down, and I think you have your answer.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

But he said "it's within Chelsea's gift" ... [paraphrasing this next bit] to make an approach if they want

You've got to start to think, whats the delay?!? Compensation? The bigger compensation package for the backroom team? Is he not the 1st choice?

The bit that bothers me is the way Chelsea are conducting themselves with this, 'IF' Frank is the target, then the money isn't going to phase them if he's the target........... Just get on with it! They've been saying no contact for days!

What I want is for them to do us all a really big favour and appoint Bielsa (mwahahahaha!)

As long as we get to 200 pages I don't care anymore (*cough*)

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

All this "nothing happening" news is making me afraid that something in the football world is actually going to go down the logical route, against media pressure, and Chelsea are going to appoint someone experienced.

The good side of that is it would make me right. The bad side is that it would surely be the end times.

1577344059_prayforcurtains.jpg.9f4c8d79f865ad9ab6cc89baaa2a9369.jpg

3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Ask yourself if posting Mel's statement would increase engagement figures, or cool things down, and I think you have your answer.

Oh I know, if we were speaking aloud you'd hear that in my tone ? 

It annoys the duck outta me to be honest. Media balls.

23 minutes ago, GenBr said:

So have we actually received a formal approach from Chelsea yet then? That article just says he wants to go to Chelsea if he is approached. 

If he does want to go I wish both parties would hurry the **** up and finalise it, so we can get on with next season. This wishy washy will he stay or go nonsense helps neither club.

My guess is no formal approach but there’s been contact to make Derby aware that Lampard is in consideration. Id also guess Chelsea are umming and ahhing about going for it.

Final guess is that if this continues for the next few days, Derby and Lampard will say bugger it as they need to start preparing for the new season.

Basically, I don’t have a bloody clue

2 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

My guess is no formal approach but there’s been contact to make Derby aware that Lampard is in consideration. Id also guess Chelsea are umming and ahhing about going for it.

Final guess is that if this continues for the next few days, Derby and Lampard will say bugger it as they need to start preparing for the new season.

Basically, I don’t have a bloody clue

If Frank was their man, they’d have made the approach by now surely? Over 24 hours since Sarri left. 

Peoples opinions if Frank was to actually stay - 

Derby fans "Thank Christ for that.  Now can we start fretting over a lack of signings!"

Chelsea fans "We didn't want him at this point anyway, let him serve his apprenticeship there for another couple of years.  He'll come home when he's ready"

Every single poxy, self proclaimed, ITK transfer expert/football analyst on Twitter - (Two days after the fact) "I now understand Lampard will stay at Derby.  Not ready for such a big leap yet"

Leeds fans "Great another easy 6 points next season!"   "The Fat Fwank love in continues"  "In Bielsa we trust.  MOT!"  "CONSPIRACY!"

Gump fans "Couldn't care less, we don't care about them, or who there manager is!"  "He's not a legend, Martin O'Neil, now there's a legend!"

SkyBet managers - "SUCKERS!"

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Still pure speculation as to whether FL will go to Chelsea but what gets me is how many are going on about Mel, Do people not think that Mel and Frank talk frequently, i am sure the relationship between them remains strong, concentrating on players for next season. pre-season tour etc. When Mel appointed Frank Mel would have been fully aware that Chelsea would come calling at some time (not as early as this i agree). The show goes on and Derby still plan for next season, Mel won't have everything on hold.

The concern is that any talks with potential signings might depend on them wanting to play for Frank so any delay just increases the risk of other clubs becoming interested.

Let's get it sorted, one way or another (preferably with him staying).

2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

If Frank was their man, they’d have made the approach by now surely? Over 24 hours since Sarri left. 

1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

My thoughts exactly.

Maybe Mel's cut the phone lines and gone on holiday until the season starts...

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

The concern is that any talks with potential signings might depend on them wanting to play for Frank so any delay just increases the risk of other clubs becoming interested.

Let's get it sorted, one way or another (preferably with him staying).

See, there you go again,if they want to play for the man and not the club do we want them at Derby

There's a slightly unusual aspect to this - Chelsea aren't in a rush and we are.

Chelsea can't bring in any players, so there's no rush for them to appoint a manager to quickly asses the squad and work out transfer targets and surplus players.

Yet we need to replace half our first team, and with the window closing early, we need to get on with recruitment asap. For Derby, Frank needs to go or fully commit to staying for the season as soon as possible. I wonder if Chelsea are using our fairly weak negotiating position to drive down the compensation figure?

Archived