Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I'd be shocked if he actually felt the need to say that to anyone at Derby, but him wanting it is hardly surprising. However, the key thing there "if his former club make a formal approach", which I still maintain I don't think they will. 

Chelsea appointing Frank still makes zero sense to me. And surely they'd have made an approach by now if they wanted him?

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Chelsea appointing Frank still makes zero sense to me. And surely they'd have made an approach by now if they wanted him?

Maybe. But how long did it take them to get Sarri out the door and make an agreement with Juve?

So have we actually received a formal approach from Chelsea yet then? That article just says he wants to go to Chelsea if he is approached. 

If he does want to go I wish both parties would hurry the **** up and finalise it, so we can get on with next season. This wishy washy will he stay or go nonsense helps neither club.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'd be shocked if he actually felt the need to say that to anyone at Derby, so I don't think that has been said, but him wanting it is hardly surprising. However, the key thing there "if his former club make a formal approach", which I still maintain I don't think they will. 

I think Frank is as good as gone, but, that whole story has been written as a result of Harry Redknapps interview this morning.

....and the circus continues. SSN still playing the same dross over and over again. The muppets on talk sport doing the same, and now we have a phone in with Arsenal fans chipping in (please Duck Off!).

Just an observation by me about talk sport, I think its the 1st radio show I need subtitles for, Bob Mills sounds like he's constantly eating a pie and dribbling down his shirt.

On the plus side I reckon we can do 200 pages before we get a decision. LETS DO THIS! 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Maybe. But how long did it take them to get Sarri out the door and make an agreement with Juve?

But that's negotiations.

Asking permission to speak to a manager is step one. No negotiation is done until that has happened, there's no reason to delay it at all - unless he's not their first choice, and they're speaking to others before moving for him. 

He was always going to want it if they offered it to him. He is a legend at that club and one good season with us was never going to somehow put us above Chelsea in Frank's mind. It's just bad luck that the job came up as quickly as it did, I doubt he'd have left us for anyone else.

If he goes he goes. All the best to him. We need to focus less on him going if he is and more on who we get in.

30 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

This isn't Adam Rusty we're talking about here - Harry is Frank's uncle, management mentor, friend and neighbour of Mel, the man most responsible for getting Frank the Derby job and speaks to Frank almost every day. He's about as IDK as it's possible to get.bobs burgers grasping at straws GIF

Adam rusty what a throwback

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Don't see how.  The Bald Eagle was on the slide at the start of the century, and Niall is trying to make out Frank's has been the only side that have played decent football.  Burley, Mac 1 & occasionally Nigel's teams played better football, on a more consistent basis than last season's team.

I love Frank and hope he stays, but to save our pre-season and give a new manager time to assess what he needs, I wish someone whether it's Mel, Frank, or the Kings Road Ladyboys would poo or get off the pot.  It's just getting tiresome now...

been a lot of constipation for a while .  If anything happens they might have to get up and start walking .  Might need a dose of Harrys verbal diarrhoea.

6 minutes ago, papa_lazarou said:

....and the circus continues. SSN still playing the same dross over and over again. The muppets on talk sport doing the same, and now we have a phone in with Arsenal fans chipping in (please Duck Off!).

Just an observation by me about talk sport, I think its the 1st radio show I need subtitles for, Bob Mills sounds like he's constantly eating a pie and dribbling down his shirt.

On the plus side I reckon we can do 200 pages before we get a decision. LETS DO THIS! 

Totally agree with your last line.

Am I your wife now?

/ok, that's the last Papa Lazarou gag from me for now.

Just now, eddie said:

Totally agree with your last line.

Am I your wife now?

/ok, that's the last Papa Lazarou gag from me for now.

Until this ridiculous situation is resolved I can't focus on more' Wyyvves now Dave'. I'm consumed by watching, listening and reading all this nonsense. I will however be returning to Royston Vasey for a rest once it's concluded.

Think we all knew Lampard was gonna want the job if Chelsea did show interest in him, all fairly obvious that- who wouldn’t want that job over ours! Even as a Derby fan I think I’d be tempted? It’s down to whether Chelsea make their interest a reality now and actually approach- if they do we won’t stand in his way I’m sure. Waiting game now, simple as. 

My contribution to the Call to Arms to get to 200 pages.

I really do not have a clue

I like to think I am a glass half full patient kind of guy

Bu I am finding myself checking tinternet every ten minutes for the news I feel is inevitable.

1) I hope not

2) If he is going - just do it already so we can crack on

1 minute ago, papa_lazarou said:

Rob Dorset - SSN, just now. No Approach from Chelsea for Frank - Letter from Mel Morris.

But he said "it's within Chelsea's gift" ... [paraphrasing this next bit] to make an approach if they want

2 minutes ago, papa_lazarou said:

Rob Dorset - SSN, just now. No Approach from Chelsea for Frank - Letter from Mel Morris.

All this "nothing happening" news is making me afraid that something in the football world is actually going to go down the logical route, against media pressure, and Chelsea are going to appoint someone experienced.

The good side of that is it would make me right. The bad side is that it would surely be the end times.

2 minutes ago, papa_lazarou said:

Rob Dorset - SSN, just now. No Approach from Chelsea for Frank - Statement from Mel Morris to Rob.

Did the full statement also say something along the lines of "and if you don't stop spreading rumours and talking utter garbage, I'm going to kick you hard in the balls, you complete Bamford"?

2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Did the full statement also say something along the lines of "and if you don't stop spreading rumours and talking utter garbage, I'm going to kick you hard in the balls, you complete Bamford"?

I wonder if they'll post the "no approach" online or just leave it "said".

Archived