Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

They only parted ways with their manager yesterday...

wasn't a huge shock though, they must've been putting in the groundwork waiting for the inevitable departure.

Then again, I want to believe that to be the case because it suits me to believe anything and everything that works in our favour! 

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

Imagine how some would react if we had actually achieved something, rather than being in exactly the same position we were 12 months ago.

I hope they can just get it sorted it already, so all parties can move on.

We were always going to be a stepping stone for Frank and that’s fine. But don’t derail our season in the process with all of this uncertainty. If he wants to go and they want to take him, get on the phone and get it done.

The start of the season is seven weeks away. We still have to find a new manager and bring in 10 new players. There’s no time for mucking around.

In hindsight, I wonder if that’s why we sacked McClaren rather than taking the compo. 

1 minute ago, Sweetness34 said:

wasn't a huge shock though, they must've been putting in the groundwork waiting for the inevitable departure.

Then again, I want to believe that to be the case because it suits me to believe anything and everything that works in our favour! 

I see what you mean but it's not Football Manager 19.

Contracts have to be written up. Formalities of official approaches have to be undertaken. Chelsea would need to iron out exactly what kind of deal they are going to offer - and what all the ins and outs of that will be.

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I see what you mean but it's not Football Manager 19.

Contracts have to be written up. Formalities of official approaches have to be undertaken. Chelsea would need to iron out exactly what kind of deal they are going to offer - and what all the ins and outs of that will be.

you're 100% right mate. But it's boring to be sensible ?

Not sure how much I believe of that ESPN article, it doesn’t seem things are that far along- a three year deal is standard for a manager given there are no long term appointments anymore so that’s quite an easy guess. I think we’ll know more this week, tho I was expecting something today- just wish things would hurry up.

Posting clips or articles of people saying Lampard is leaving is a little redundant now surely? We know that the whole world is convinced that he is joining Chelsea.  There is no new information coming out, just more opinion.

Mel’s statement is literally the only new news on this for about a fortnight. 

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

Posting clips or articles of people saying Lampard is leaving is a little redundant now surely? We know that the whole world is convinced that he is joining Chelsea.  There is no new information coming out, just more opinion.

Mel’s statement is literally the only new news on this for about a fortnight. 

Mel statement tells us nothing though 

On 15/06/2019 at 02:31, Carl Sagan said:

Felt it was heartening listening to the world football phone-in on Five Live just now. First topic straight off was Sarri to Juve and Lampard to Chelsea. The two pundits both said it was the wrong time for Lampard to go and he should stay well away, confident the chance will come again in the future. 

I think that's the case. I also think the biggest considerations for Frank will be family ones. Do they enjoy being out of London some of the time? Or would they prefer to move vack? Will he and Christine have more time together with their baby daughter at Derby or Chelsea? 

And Frank will know he owes a debt to Mel and to Derby. He's humble and honorable. If he goes he'll make sure Chelsea also pay compensation for the backroom team (which hasn't always happened). But I think he'll be driven to see out his contract, take us up next year and then keep us in the Premier League. Then he can leave (if he wants) with his head held high. 

Redknapp knows what is going on.

Frank doesn’t owe us anything. The club knew what they were signing up for. The prospect of being ditched for a bigger club probably stings a bit, but Mel has ditched a manager when it has suited him plenty of times before. Managers come and go and it’s part and parcel of football.

Where Frank is concerned, maybe it is wishful thinking but I think it would be to his credit to commit to the club, stay and finish the job, considering that it is so early in his managerial career.

Whereas with McClaren and Newcastle, he was much further along in his career and there was a feeling of desperation, a feeling of it being his last shot at a top job. And maybe having failed to get us promoted twice, he thought he had taken us as far as he could.

If Frank leaves at the first opportunity, all of the goodwill and the feel good factor he built around the club will be extinguished. He’ll just be another manager playing the game and ascending the ladder. That’s why it’s no use getting attached.

Let’s be honest, if the new manager comes in and we start the season with a 15 match unbeaten run, Frank will be long gone from people’s memories.

Likewise if Chelsea win at Old Trafford on the first day of the season, he’ll be bouncing with the Chelsea fans and Tuesday nights at Oldham will be a distant memory.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Mel statement tells us nothing though 

Not true. It confirms that there has been no approach and it formally sets out Derby’s current position.  Everything else is speculation.

For example, I’ve just heard Talksport say that ‘Lampard is closing in on the manager’s position’.  How can that be true when there has been no formal approach or even statement front chelsea that they want him.

FWIW, I am sure he will be going, but while it is very loud noise, so far that’s all it is!

16 minutes ago, Curtains said:

No disrespect Curtains, but all the media sources are just replaying the same guff, and adding to this by speaking to any Tom, Dick or Harriet they can get hold of with or without some link to Frank, Chelsea or Derby for an opinion.

It's now 2pm and SSN keep repeating the same crap. I'd rather they'd just shut up until they have something to report. They've even taken to talking to 'randoms' (I don't mean the jelly sweets) outside of Pride Park for opinions 'cos....... they don't know feck all!

......but we are getting closer to the 200 pages!!! Good effort so far folks..............................

Archived