Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I think all signs point to Lampard not being their first choice, personally. Might not even be their second.

This is exactly how I see it and i think Mel sees it. Either way, they will be showing Derby their hand pretty soon

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has all been fascinating. We're being thrown from one extreme to the other constantly, from Harry Redknapp's comments this morning to Mel's a few hours later.

Hopefully we all agree that the sooner this is all resolved, the better. 

What exactly are Chelsea faffing around at? Lamps has been linked since Wembley, now they’ve got the Sarri cash what’s the hold up in making an approach? 

The only ones who it affects is us! We have Brysons contract talks ongoing without full clarification on FL status, a load of freebies will be finding new clubs. Our targets will gradually finding new homes.

Cough up the mere four million (peanuts to you) and get your supposed number one man or fook off elsewhere 

Regardless of Frank going or staying, this whole episode has made me note that the 'news' providers that seem to be putting out the most content on this are the one's that seem the most balls deep in the gambling industry too.

Just now, papa_lazarou said:

I think the other dimension to this is Jody Morris. They will go as a pair, they operate as a pair. Whilst our focus is on Frank, as he's the 'glamour boy', I don't doubt for one minute that Jody will have a major input in this move. We all know he's a massive Chelsea fan, and to me that's why I suspect this will happen, not just 'cos of Frank.

In the meantime, as the statement from Uncle Mel clearly states, no approach so we remain in limbo until further notice.

I love being a DCFC supporter, we are far more interesting than that riffraff down the other end of the A52, and that bitter lot up in Yuurkshire with delusions of grandeur!

.......now where did i put those pegs?!?

To be honest I haven't put any real thought into Jody, as you say they will go as a pair, not sure he would even need asking if he wants to go. Not once stopped to consider the possibility we could keep him at the club whilst Frank leaves. 

When you talk about players/ex players being fans of the club I have doubts, soft spot maybe, look out for scores on SSN I can see, but following Jody on Twitter it's clear he loves Chelsea as a fan and lives and breathes the club. 

Just now, David said:

To be honest I haven't put any real thought into Jody, as you say they will go as a pair, not sure he would even need asking if he wants to go. Not once stopped to consider the possibility we could keep him at the club whilst Frank leaves. 

When you talk about players/ex players being fans of the club I have doubts, soft spot maybe, look out for scores on SSN I can see, but following Jody on Twitter it's clear he loves Chelsea as a fan and lives and breathes the club. 

Yep, totally agree.

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

This has all been fascinating. We're being thrown from one extreme to the other constantly, from Harry Redknapp's comments this morning to Mel's a few hours later.

Hopefully we all agree that the sooner this is all resolved, the better. 

It's getting increasingly difficult not to get swept along with it all. It's tiring, I want this over now. With or without Lampard, I'm not sure I care anymore. Just want us to move on.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Probably the ideal solution for Chelsea is to bring in an experienced manager and take Jody as his #2 to blood the younger players

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I think all signs point to Lampard not being their first choice, personally. Might not even be their second.

I think he's under consideration wherever that maybe on their list, Mel doesn't usually go public on idle speculation in the press, he must feel theres enough in this like the Steve Gibson whining to come out and issue a statement. 

Whilst I'm not sure I believe Frank has had full on conversations over the job with Abramovich on the phone, he will have no doubt been asked by his agent to wink if you're interested in the job say they offered it you. 

Just now, atherstoneram said:

Probably the ideal solution for Chelsea is to bring in an experienced manager and take Jody as his #2 to blood the younger players

I'm not sure Jody would leave Frank now, even if it was to Chelsea, the day they split up will be when Jody feels like he fancies a go at being a number 1. 

1 minute ago, David said:

I think he's under consideration wherever that maybe on their list, Mel doesn't usually go public on idle speculation in the press, he must feel theres enough in this like the Steve Gibson whining to come out and issue a statement. 

Whilst I'm not sure I believe Frank has had full on conversations over the job with Abramovich on the phone, he will have no doubt been asked by his agent to wink if you're interested in the job say they offered it you. 

Said this over a week ago. If Chelsea want Frank and he wants to go it would be done by now.

16 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

That said, I think its best for all parties if Chelsea make their move now & this is all concluded quickly. If as @Cornwall ram suggests, stringing this out is a tactic from Chelsea to lower the compensation figure, that smacks me as being a pretty disrespectful move.

Maybe I am wrong but surely this would backfire.

Getting closer to preseason before official interest wont make Mel roll over, we'd demand the full compensation no matter the timescale

Archived