Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

Just now, Dethorn said:

Maybe Chelsea want Jody and a more experienced manager - Jody being there during the transfer embargo would make good sense.

Definately not ITK just speculating on what I might be thinking if I were Roman.

What i said a few posts back and i'm not ITK either

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

You would think that because they let Sarri break his contract, they must have been happy to do so, which would make you think they had someone lined up. So they’ve obviously had discussions with somebody, but I don’t think it’s Frank. 

You don't think it's the person it's been widely reported to be?

3 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

The speculation and sensationalism is getting exhausting for sure.

Few of my mates are Chelsea fans and they are saying its a 'done deal' - yet we haven't even been formally approached yet?

How many other teams fans have said the same at some point in the past over something- "its a done deal"

1 minute ago, atherstoneram said:

How many other teams fans have said the same at some point in the past over something- "its a done deal"

True. 

There’s no need for fact-checking or corroboration when it’s comes to football business. - As long as that click/ad-revenue comes in. 

6 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

The speculation and sensationalism is getting exhausting for sure.

Few of my mates are Chelsea fans and they are saying its a 'done deal' - yet we haven't even been formally approached yet?

Unless one of your mates is called Roman then the chances are that they don't know any more than us.

26 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Raise your hand if you want this whole circus to be over. Personally I am not bothered that he’s leaving but more about the fact that it’s taking so long!

I like Frank and I think he has done a fairly good job here, but all of the hysteria is a bit excessive.

It’s not like we’re losing out on a once-in-a-generation manager. Yet because his name is Frank Lampard and he can start a bounce, everyone is somehow in mourning.

Imagine how some would react if we had actually achieved something, rather than being in exactly the same position we were 12 months ago.

I hope they can just get it sorted it already, so all parties can move on.

We were always going to be a stepping stone for Frank and that’s fine. But don’t derail our season in the process with all of this uncertainty. If he wants to go and they want to take him, get on the phone and get it done.

The start of the season is seven weeks away. We still have to find a new manager and bring in 10 new players. There’s no time for mucking around.

Quite frankly if he wasnt worth so much in compensation to us he would already be gone for me (i know this is going to get a lot of hate). We had a pretty good season, but just another manager worse than Mac1 - nothing special so far. (Although i do like the never say die attitude he brings to the team). Either he commits to us and signs a new contract or he ***** off to Chelsea. Either is fine, but what isnt fine is dragging this out to the extent where it becomes detrimental to next season. Nor do i want this **** to happen every time Chelsea sack a manager.

Steve McClaren gets a lot of **** from Derby fans for his supposed lack of loyalty even though he said he wanted to stay. We know Frank wants to leave for Chelsea at some point (understandably) and he will go right now if they approach him. Im not giving him a free pass just because he gave us a couple of good games last season and i fail to see how this situation is any better than the McClaren one.

28 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Will Chelsea go for a more experienced Manager who knows how to work within an embargo, keep the club steady for a couple of years ( qualifying for Europe)with the payers they have and get it ready for Frank to step in.

To me this seems a logical perspective. I cannot personally believe that Chelsea would get a manager in that has really done nothing yet, purely on the basis of fan pressure and the betting companies hype. Chelsea have a business to run in difficult circumstances so need someone experienced in my view. Also from FL’s point of view if he goes there and doesn’t succeed he could well be damaged goods going forward.

7 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

You would think that because they let Sarri break his contract, they must have been happy to do so, which would make you think they had someone lined up. So they’ve obviously had discussions with somebody, but I don’t think it’s Frank. 

You would expect it to be done today if Frank was their number 1 target. They've known Sarri was going for weeks, they would have had their shortlist drawn up and approaches would have been made by now to their key targets. It feels like Frank is their fallback option, they know he's at Derby and not going anywhere so they can afford to have discussions with other targets first. 

36 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Raise your hand if you want this whole circus to be over. Personally I am not bothered that he’s leaving but more about the fact that it’s taking so long!

I like Frank and I think he has done a fairly good job here, but all of the hysteria is a bit excessive.

It’s not like we’re losing out on a once-in-a-generation manager. Yet because his name is Frank Lampard and he can start a bounce, everyone is somehow in mourning.

Imagine how some would react if we had actually achieved something, rather than being in exactly the same position we were 12 months ago.

I hope they can just get it sorted it already, so all parties can move on.

We were always going to be a stepping stone for Frank and that’s fine. But don’t derail our season in the process with all of this uncertainty. If he wants to go and they want to take him, get on the phone and get it done.

The start of the season is seven weeks away. We still have to find a new manager and bring in 10 new players. There’s no time for mucking around.

I agree with this to be honest ( and i like Frank especially for how he's brought the team and fans together  ) I'm not so sure so many would be clamouring for him to stay if we hadn't beaten the dirty's and got to wembley...if he stays great... if he goes then so be it and will then bring the excitement of who that might be....its never dull at DCFC .......we might appoint someone better who knows 

I totally disagree that Chelsea need to appoint someone with a connection to the club, and even less so with a connection to the youth academy there. Chelsea still have a massive AND massively-talented squad, with lots of star players and big egos. They don't need someone to come in and trim the squad, they need someone to come in and work with what is there. This setup is virtually a "Director of Football & Head Coach" combination used at lots of clubs across mainland Europe, and isn't regarded as a successful model here in England.

Don't be surprised if they go for a French or Italian manager.

3 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

The last 'done deal' I listened to attentively because I soooo wanted it to be true was the 'done deal' when Jimmy Greaves was joining Derby County under Brian Clough because someone had 'seen him looking at a house in Allestree'.

Since that day, I have adopted a 'wait and see' attitude, and I see no reason to get off the fence now.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I totally disagree that Chelsea need to appoint someone with a connection to the club, and even less so with a connection to the youth academy there. Chelsea still have a massive AND massively-talented squad, with lots of star players and big egos. They don't need someone to come in and trim the squad, they need someone to come in and work with what is there. This setup is virtually a "Director of Football & Head Coach" combination used at lots of clubs across mainland Europe, and isn't regarded as a successful model here in England.

Don't be surprised if they go for a French or Italian manager.

What about an Indian lookalike?? 

Archived