Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

18 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I didn't mention him sticking his oar in .  The interviewer is though.   I'm supposed to be here covering a charity event but let me spend two third's of my allotted time talking about Frank Lampard .   I suppose he could have politely declined to comment, that may have been the better option.

Ah Niall Horan, the voice of reason.  The quote on that tweet just proves what an dhead the lad is...

As for Moose, looks like an arse-kisser...

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

It's crazy how personally people are taking this.

What your seeing is basically 5 year's of people getting increasingly peed off .  We had Mac 1 who we took from QPR coach with a damaged reputation .  Then we had 3 months of the Newcastle situation.  Then we had dream job Rowett signing an extended and improved contract - he bailed .  Then we had the Sam Rush wasserman inflated contracts debacle we never heard much more about .   Now we have this situation that's been dragging on for two weeks with the current manager only a year after he joined .  It's exasperation rather anyone taking it personally. 

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

What your seeing is basically 5 year's of people getting increasingly peed off .  We had Mac 1 who we took from QPR coach with a damaged reputation .  Then we had 3 months of the Newcastle situation.  Then we had dream job Rowett signing an extended and improved contract - he bailed .  Then we had the Sam Rush wasserman inflated contracts debacle we never heard much more about .   Now we have this situation that's been dragging on for two weeks with the current manager only a year after he joined .  It's exasperation rather anyone taking it personally. 

Agreed - it's the frustration of being a Derby fan. Most of us probably saw Frank's appointment as finally giving us a degree of consistency, steady improvement and decent football to watch but now fear we're back to square one.

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

'arry is not even yesterday's news. He's more like the year before last. Still desperately trying to sound relevant, he simply comes across as early stage senility with his constant self-contradiction and revisionism.......

His views add zero weight in either direction to this imho

Frank said he talks to both Harry and  Frank senior most days not just because they're related but because he sees them as advisors on football matters as both have a lot of experience so don't think he carries zero weight with what he says

11 minutes ago, Saity said:

Frank said he talks to both Harry and  Frank senior most days not just because they're related but because he sees them as advisors on football matters as both have a lot of experience so don't think he carries zero weight with what he says

That's not good news for whoever Lampard is managing.

You'd have to be a moron to take any notice of Harry Redknapp.

15 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Bit harsh.

This nonsense is like sticking one of those coconut shells filled with fat and mealworms up in your garden. It doesn't take long before the place is full of squabbling tits.

15 minutes ago, Saity said:

He said he talks to Frank senior every day, and after every game.

He said he talks to Harry ("and others") "quite often".

I would have no hard feelings toward Frank should he leave.  No manager of a Championship club would really be able to turn down Chelsea, never mind a club legend.

The only annoying thing for me is that is all seems to stupid and unnecessary.  The best thing for Frank, Chelsea and Derby is for him to stay here a bit longer and get more experience.

I’m also getting fed up of the start of every new season bringing more uncertainty.  Just a bit frustrating.

38 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I don’t think Frank can win to be honest. 

He has to do what’s best for him and his family.

He has liked it at Derby but the pull of Chelsea is massive. 

Not an easy decision for him but please let’s not have a go at him and his relations and people around him. 

PS I’d be delighted if you stayed Frank as would most Derby Fans. 

Do you think he was saying this when he moved to Man City or America?? 

Life is one big adventure for people like Frank and Christine so 100+ miles distance between is nothing. 

1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

Do you think he was saying this when he moved to Man City or America?? 

Life is one big adventure for people like Frank and Christine so 100+ miles distance between is nothing. 

Look mate if he stays I’ll be delighted .

As time goes on I’m not convinced he will leave. 

The truth is only Frank knows what he will do. 

34 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Bit harsh.

Don't see how.  The Bald Eagle was on the slide at the start of the century, and Niall is trying to make out Frank's has been the only side that have played decent football.  Burley, Mac 1 & occasionally Nigel's teams played better football, on a more consistent basis than last season's team.

I love Frank and hope he stays, but to save our pre-season and give a new manager time to assess what he needs, I wish someone whether it's Mel, Frank, or the Kings Road Ladyboys would poo or get off the pot.  It's just getting tiresome now...

Archived