Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

May be the difference is that Frank has a connection with Chelsea and it’s been an accepted view that it would be a dream job if he was ever going to be considered for the managerial position.

Mac has no affinity with any one and went for the money and possibly even went looking for the position!

I for one think they are poles apart in the way they have treated Derby County.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, eddie said:

The last 'done deal' I listened to attentively because I soooo wanted it to be true was the 'done deal' when Jimmy Greaves was joining Derby County under Brian Clough because someone had 'seen him looking at a house in Allestree'.

Since that day, I have adopted a 'wait and see' attitude, and I see no reason to get off the fence now.

You've been sitting on the fence a bloody long time, your a*** cheeks must be a bit numb by now

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Chelsea don't need to move quickly. They have no player recruitment to do so they can string this out as long as they like.

very true and in the meantime we are left waiting for another club to decide our managers future....? there has to be a timescale set on this for our sakes surely

33 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Raise your hand if you want this whole circus to be over. Personally I am not bothered that he’s leaving but more about the fact that it’s taking so long!

I like Frank and I think he has done a fairly good job here, but all of the hysteria is a bit excessive.

It’s not like we’re losing out on a once-in-a-generation manager. Yet because his name is Frank Lampard and he can start a bounce, everyone is somehow in mourning.

Imagine how some would react if we had actually achieved something, rather than being in exactly the same position we were 12 months ago.

I hope they can just get it sorted it already, so all parties can move on.

We were always going to be a stepping stone for Frank and that’s fine. But don’t derail our season in the process with all of this uncertainty. If he wants to go and they want to take him, get on the phone and get it done.

The start of the season is seven weeks away. We still have to find a new manager and bring in 10 new players. There’s no time for mucking around.

I agree, we're getting a little too hysterical about this. 

Yes, we had a number of fantastic results in big games, but we also had quite a number of awful results and performances against poor teams. 

Surely, a team is easy to motivate for a big game, but a good manager should be able to motive them for the games against poor teams, which didn't happen last season. 

Also, because he was 'gifted' 3 top loans, he had an advantage over the likes of Rowett. I'm not saying he's a bad manager, but he's a long way from the finished article. 

4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

You've been sitting on the fence a bloody long time, your a*** cheeks must be a bit numb by now

The fence-post is an interesting shape - most accommodating.

44 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see a few transfer goings on in the coming days if Frank is staying. Imagine a couple are on hold so to speak. 

Though, it could be business as usual as no approach. So duck knows. 

I keep thinking if Frank was going would the Delap and Thomas deals have been sanctioned ?? or would we have waited for yet another manager to come in and assess our squad 

2 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I agree, we're getting a little too hysterical about this. 

Yes, we had a number of fantastic results in big games, but we also had quite a number of awful results and performances against poor teams. 

Surely, a team is easy to motivate for a big game, but a good manager should be able to motive them for the games against poor teams, which didn't happen last season. 

Also, because he was 'gifted' 3 top loans, he had an advantage over the likes of Rowett. I'm not saying he's a bad manager, but he's a long way from the finished article. 

Of course he's a long way off the finished article, he's only 12 months into management. 

How many managers do you know attracted big players to join in the first year, played some brilliant football at times, connected the academy, supporters and anybody else associated with the club together and also achieved a top 6 finish, all in their first 12 months in management? 

The players return for preseason training in two weeks time. The club need to know who will be the manager that greets them as they arrive. 

If Frank as any loyalty to Derby and it's fans. Then he should tell Chelsea that if they want him as their manager then they need to have the situation resolved before the end of the week or he's staying here.

Good on MM for coming out and making official what we already expected... there’s been no approach as of yet and nith8g has changed since the speculation, we just continue as normal with our contract talks with frank. As should be the case, until there’s an approach we carry on as usual with frank as our manager. I don’t think we’ll stand in his way, but Chelsea have to make that approach and they need to hurry up. No excuses now. Good to see Mel showing up the sensationalist journalists claiming it was already done.

50 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I've no issue with Chelsea wanting Lampard. I've no issue with Lampard wanting the job. (If either/both is the case)

That said, I think its best for all parties if Chelsea make their move now & this is all concluded quickly. If as @Cornwall ram suggests, stringing this out is a tactic from Chelsea to lower the compensation figure, that smacks me as being a pretty disrespectful move.

There's still recruitment to be done & decisions to be made with regard to our youth players - do they step up or get loaned out? This is going to be very difficult for someone to sort out mid/back end of July.

Of course, if the silence is because Chelsea are actually speaking to someone else as their first choice, then I retract my above comments entirely ?

I'm not sure that it's got much to do respect. I respect @Alpha as superb poster on here, but...if he's flogging a 10 year old fiesta and wants £2k for it and I'm looking for a car for my daughter and I know his Mrs is giving him grief to get that old nail off the drive, I'm going to offer £1k for a quick sale, safe in the knowledge that my daughter doesn't turn 17 for a few weeks so I can wait, but he's not getting any until he's sold the car. 

Archived