Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

Not sure if you're seen it or not, but it's only fair to put into context, Niall Horan played in the soccer aid game at Stamford Bridge and was being interviewed by Moose (Ian Abraham - Talksport) afterwards, the interview starts off talking about the game and the nerves of playing Vs playing in front of massive crowds, then the interview drifts into whether Niall had got over the Play Off final result. The he was inevitably asked about Lampard. I think he handles it quite well and is certainly NOT sticking his oar in.

Apparently Harry Redknapp has been on Talk Sport again confirming Frank will be their new manager.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that his first season wasn't that spectacular, but at some point, we need a manager to get to the next stage of their plan! Since Nigel Clough, we've not had a single manager for 2 successive summer transfer windows!

Literally ever summer, we start afresh, with no continuity.

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not sure if you're seen it or not, but it's only fair to put into context, Niall Horan played in the soccer aid game at Stamford Bridge and was being interviewed by Moose (Ian Abraham - Talksport) afterwards, the interview starts off talking about the game and the nerves of playing Vs playing in front of massive crowds, then the interview drifts into whether Niall had got over the Play Off final result. The he was inevitably asked about Lampard. I think he handles it quite well and is certainly NOT sticking his oar in.

Good interview that was 

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

"I haven't seen anything like [what Frank's done] since Jim Smith in the early 2000s..."

steve brule GIF

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Apparently Harry Redknapp has been on Talk Sport again confirming Frank will be their new manager.

He confirmed nothing and gave nothing new, just kept the speculation train rolling. 

Most enlightening part was him saying a ‘having a Carragher and Terry partnership  would get you promoted from the championship’ which I think sums up how he thinks quite nicely

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I agree that his first season wasn't that spectacular, but at some point, we need a manager to get to the next stage of their plan! Since Nigel Clough, we've not had a single manager for 2 successive summer transfer windows!

I agree with this, although I think that football management/coaching today revolves more around continuity of ethos and playing style than continuity of personnel. 

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

This is where I'm at.

Getting thoroughly bored of starting again and a manager having to evaluate the squad and get their ideas across, having the flashy videos and soundbites pumped out over the summer... fans crying out for the likes of Martin, again. 

I just want whatever is going to happen to happen ASAP so we can move on and get things into place before pre-season, or we will be so behind on transfers etc.

If Lampard is going I hope the proceedings aren't drawn out. We need a new manager before the players return to pre-season training otherwise we will be miles behind the other promotion contenders with a very thin squad needing to attract loans, free transfers and even paying for new players!

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

'arry is not even yesterday's news. He's more like the year before last. Still desperately trying to sound relevant, he simply comes across as early stage senility with his constant self-contradiction and revisionism.......

His views add zero weight in either direction to this imho

Apart from him being closely related to the person at the centre of all this ?

Just now, IslandExile said:

Apart from him being closely related to the person at the centre of all this ?

There are a number of close relatives in my family i would not dream of confiding my career plans to. If Frank is as switched on and confident in his own ability as we all seem to think, then he will be well aware of the media tactics and will know 'arry, Frank snr, his ex-mates etc etc will all be fair game to be hounded for quotes. Plus im not sure what useful advice old 'arry would be able to offer for these circumstances.

Frank would therefore be likely to be more circumspect and keep his own counsel - and actually that seems to be what is going on as I haven't heard anything from 'arry that is not personal speculation, and he is at least not "quoting" Frank or pretending the 2 of them are having in-depth conversations.

16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

No hard feelings mate, I knew u were referring to my head down approach. Rather than my Blackadder goes 4th "we will be in Berlin eating Bratwurst by lunchtime" tally oh approach.

Like the idea of 'Blackadder goes 4th'....as long as they're above Leeds

Archived