Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Apparently Harry Redknapp has been on Talk Sport again confirming Frank will be their new manager.

Redknapp realises he will never get a manager's job again (and maybe doesn't want one at his age) but has to find a way of keeping himself in the footballing-public's eye so the likes of SKY, Talk-poo and their like are only too happy to lap up his pontificating. Now he's taken to prostituting his nephew just to get his voice heard.

The guy's a leech.

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

Redknapp realises he will never get a manager's job again (and maybe doesn't want one at his age) but has to find a way of keeping himself in the footballing-public's eye so the likes of SKY, Talk-poo and their like are only too happy to lap up his pontificating. Now he's taken to prostituting his nephew just to get his voice heard.

The guy's a leech.

The guy eats leeches for breakfast. 

20 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

There are a number of close relatives in my family i would not dream of confiding my career plans to. If Frank is as switched on and confident in his own ability as we all seem to think, then he will be well aware of the media tactics and will know 'arry, Frank snr, his ex-mates etc etc will all be fair game to be hounded for quotes. Plus im not sure what useful advice old 'arry would be able to offer for these circumstances.

Frank would therefore be likely to be more circumspect and keep his own counsel - and actually that seems to be what is going on as I haven't heard anything from 'arry that is not personal speculation, and he is at least not "quoting" Frank or pretending the 2 of them are having in-depth conversations.

Yeah I think the last person id probably keep in the loop at this time would be an Uncle who will speak to the media at the drop of a hat.

50 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not sure if you're seen it or not, but it's only fair to put into context, Niall Horan played in the soccer aid game at Stamford Bridge and was being interviewed by Moose (Ian Abraham - Talksport) afterwards, the interview starts off talking about the game and the nerves of playing Vs playing in front of massive crowds, then the interview drifts into whether Niall had got over the Play Off final result. The he was inevitably asked about Lampard. I think he handles it quite well and is certainly NOT sticking his oar in.

I didn't mention him sticking his oar in .  The interviewer is though.   I'm supposed to be here covering a charity event but let me spend two third's of my allotted time talking about Frank Lampard .   I suppose he could have politely declined to comment, that may have been the better option.

28 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Apart from him being closely related to the person at the centre of all this ?

Being closely related would make you think (and expect) him to be more circumspect in his comments but hey, no - it makes good copy!

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

The guy's a leech.

Trying to endear yourself to Frank by slagging off his uncle. 

Always thought you were ! 

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Being closely related would make you think (and expect) him to be more circumspect in his comments but hey, no - it makes good copy!

Get over it. 

Frank was never going to stay at Derby once Chelsea came calling. 

Harry was instrumental in Frank getting the job at Derby, not sure we were complaining to much with that intervention. He also persuaded FL to stay at Chelsea rather than join Inter and has always provided advice throughout his career, yet he chooses now to step back and not speak to him anymore and is a leech....only Derby fans ?

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

It always seemed likely that there was a gentlemans agreement to allow frank to talk to chelsea if they ever came in for him. no-one really expected events to unfold as they have after just one season.

i am still left feeling a bit disappointed in frank. 

I do wonder whether something happened between Leeds away and wembley. In the run in to the season frank seemed absolutely determined and focussed. But in the immediate build up to wembley that determination to win was replaced with the talk about being just happy to be in the final? Maybe by then he already knew of Chelsea's potential interest and Sarri's likely departure. Something seemed slightly different to me, but maybe i'm imagining that. 

Can't help feeling somewhat jilted. 

What events are you on about?

It's like you want to be jilted.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Apparently Harry Redknapp has been on Talk Sport again confirming Frank will be their new manager.

Harry sounds like he’s got be running out of funds and looking for commission.

It’s what happens when you go in the jungle as your last gig.

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

It always seemed likely that there was a gentlemans agreement to allow frank to talk to chelsea if they ever came in for him. no-one really expected events to unfold as they have after just one season. And its impossible to turn down the opportunity etc etc.

but.....

i am still left feeling a bit disappointed in frank. 

The opening question at the last forum by @Ellafella was "what if a certain London club came in for you?" And frank stated his commitment to Derby. 

Seriously what is he supposed to say?

Yes I will be off in shot if I get chance at a job managing team in premiership who are in Champions league and I have a close affinity to. 

Then as someone quoted earlier (With Mclaren) players become demotivated the delicate flowers and blame these comments. First defeat fans are on his back as its all happening cos he isn't committed to us.

Every time I heard him answer the question he seemed to say I have a contract here and a job to do and I am committed to it. Of course he was as it was his current job and the question at the time was purely hypothetical.

What ever he answered was no win but at no time did he say if Chelsea come calling I will be staying here.

Give the bloody bloke a break he is simply doing what everyone one of us would do if we were in his position. (If it actually happens)

I don’t think Frank can win to be honest. 

He has to do what’s best for him and his family.

He has liked it at Derby but the pull of Chelsea is massive. 

Not an easy decision for him but please let’s not have a go at him and his relations and people around him. 

PS I’d be delighted if you stayed Frank as would most Derby Fans. 

Archived