Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

3 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

That's all true of course, but I think the underlying point is that it would be lovely if WE were someone's dream job, sometime!

I think we are probably lots of peoples dream jobs but unfortunately they are probably not that good or not good enough for us at this time.

Eg Think Stimac, Simmo, most managers in division two etc etc

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

To be when the media ask his family (redknaap) or his old team mates (Drogba etc) of course they are going to say "yeah he'd be brilliant & is totally ready" their not exactly going to say "nah mate he should stay at Derby" they are going to show backing & support for their mate. Never know they might be telling him the opposite in private (probably wont be) 

Dennis Wise has.....

I think some people need to remember that the people that would be involved in these deals are not going to be acting like excitable teenagers and checking their phones and emails every few minutes to find out what's happening. 

Likewise it the deal was never on and Frank was always staying then the reason for him not putting so many people at ease is probably because he said a couple of weeks ago that he's staying and probably finds his life a bit too busy to give an update every day. 

Sometimes we need to remember that while we're checking for news every 30 seconds that Frank is probably doing real life stuff that's not typing his name into Google and breaking down quotes from ever reliable journalists. 

25 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

All of those will look very stupid, along with a lot of Derby supporters if this doesn’t go through then. 

You are going by every word these people are saying but there’s nothing from either club yet so at the moment “he isn’t going”. 

Why will they look any more stupid than all the happy clappers who have been convinced all along or still are that he will be staying (and then he goes). No one is saying they will look stupid! Its a forum for debate and everyone thoughts and opinions are valid and we are all wrong sometimes doesn't make you stupid its just a take on at the situation.

36 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

All of those will look very stupid, along with a lot of Derby supporters if this doesn’t go through then. 

You are going by every word these people are saying but there’s nothing from either club yet so at the moment “he isn’t going”. 

You can't help but love the irony. 'All of those will look very stupid' followed by 'he isn't going'. I suspect you will be keeping a low profile in the coming weeks ?

6 minutes ago, Begley said:

You can't help but love the irony. 'All of those will look very stupid' followed by 'he isn't going'. I suspect you will be keeping a low profile in the coming weeks ?

At the moment he isn’t going, that’s simple unless you can show me where he’s signed. 

I won’t keep a low profile, why should I?

49 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The 'permission to speak to' thing is a red herring. 20 years ago it was a thing  but now everything is dealt with by agents. Chelsea's Chairman can't speak to Lampard about the job, but there's no way of stopping Chelsea's agent asking hypothetical questions to Frank's agent over lunch. Mel, Frank and Roman will all know exactly how interested Chelsea and Lampard really are and how much Lampard and Derby want. The official approach is the end of the process, not the beginning. 

Yes spot on. It's all going on in the background and the next we hear from Frank it will be with reference to his much loved & former employer DCFC.  

10 minutes ago, Begley said:

Or you will be investing in a new username and pretending that you have just joined.

Again.

?

1 hour ago, Rambam said:

The only thing is why would family members like the Redknapps and mates like Drogba big him up so much, if there was no truth in the rumours?

Can we get Redknapp back in the jungle and fill his trap with grubs for a while .  Might stop him banging on for 5 minutes.    They've moved on from Drogba and on to Di Matteo know.  Better hope he goes there in the next few days or they'll be accosting his old headmaster as he tries to get of his drive.

55 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Dennis Wise has.....

Point was his close team mates like Drogba are going to back him theyre all mates... Dennis wise left Chelsea in 2001 & Frank arrived in 2001 could be wrong but doubt he's mates with Frank & is more likley to say what he thinks to the media 

If uncle Harry said to the media he thought it was too soon the media would be all over it stirring it up

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

At a guess, some whoe;s twitter handle is "franklampard" and not actually Frank Lampard

According to the comments its an instagram account. Doesnt change your point ( could be photoshop as well), but if anyone has an instagram account and knows how to check if this came from a fake account  or not that would be great.

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

According to the comments its an instagram account. Doesnt change your point ( could be photoshop as well), but if anyone has an instagram account and knows how to check if this came from a fake account  or not that would be great.

I’ve just had a look at the post and can’t even find the comment? Either photoshop or been deleted

Archived